• Automatic
  2. 2. Spamming curve?

• Bloom
    • Recoil ("kick")
    • Overheat
    • No artificial curve
  3. 3. Aim assist?

• Higher
    • Medium *(current BR/DMR levels, not necessarily RRR)
    • Lower
    • No aim assist
  4. 4. Zoom capability?

• 2x
    • 3x
    • 4x
    • Double zoom
    • No zoom
  5. 5. Shots to kill?

• 3sk
    • 4sk
    • 5sk
    • 6sk
    • Dynamic (Lightrifle)
  6. 6. Bullet spread within reticle?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Bullet trails?

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Kills per clip?

• Unlimited (energy-based)
  9. 9. *Rate of fire?

• Slow (H3 Magnum)
    • Medium (H4 DMR)
    • Fast (H4 Carbine)
    • *Dynamic - scoped vs unscoped (poll edit)
  10. 10. Old or new?

• Exactly the same as a previous utility weapon
    • Similar to an existing weapon
    • Completely new

The Scattershot is fun when you remove spread. And make it a 3SK.

Yeah, I played some Promod the other day with a no spread scattershot (it was a 1sk though - the range was bigger too, not sure if that's because of damage changes or just the spread, and it had slow projectile travel time). It was actually skilled and would make a good power weapon. You had to predict your opponents' movements at anything outside of sword range.

Has anyone mentioned bullet bleedthrough? I assume that most people want its return.

Of course.

Yeah, I played some Promod the other day with a no spread scattershot (it was a 1sk though

orly?

orly?

Ya, it was awesome. We were just fooling around with test settings, so we had scattershot, needler, and some other stuff in loadouts. We agreed that it had to be nerfed somehow but it was really fun :P the projectiles for the scattershot are quite small and you're almost never in RRR with that thing, so you really have to aim..

Right off the bat, you see at :17, chasing is NOT a good idea in H1, and for good reason. You would never see that in today's Halo. I could sit and pick wonderful examples from this whole video.

its a beautiful thing when done correctly, unless i'm playing it haha ;)

in all reality, we just need a weapon that has a true learning curve and punishes the players that don't know how to use it correctly

Well fuck it.

We're gonna DO IT, because FUCKING VARIETY.

EVERY ITEM IN THE GAME WE'RE GOING TO PUT ON THE SAME MAP, BECAUSE VARIETY IS THE PHILOSOPHICAL PRINCIPLE THAT WE SHOULD MOST BE PAYING ATTENTION TO.

While we're AT IT, let's cram a mantis, a wraith, a warthog, five mongooses, a couple banshees, a scorpion, a gauss hog, and fifteen ghosts onto the inevitable remake of Vortex.

Why? Because FUCKING VARIETY, that's why.

Cleanliness and elegant brevity of design and balance?

FUCK THAT SHIT

That's for fucking pansies and gaylords.

Wait, I've GOT IT.

Team MLG Fiesta, with random weapons on map - the ultimate variety show!

It doesn't matter that we have no fucking focus and consistency in our gunplay, or that we'll never know what the asshole around the corner is going to be pulling out of his ass thanks to either loadouts or ten FUCKING BAGILLION WEAPON SPAWNS ON THE MAP.

Because we've got FUCKING VARIETY.

Remember the 2000s?

Ding-dong!

Hello?!

I JUST FUCKED YOUR MOTHER WITH A VARIETY OF DICKS.

Why in the world would you want the concentration to be on mastering a well-thought out main gun with all the best characteristics to be the trusted firearm that you get most of your kills with, while leaving breathing space for actual map movement to facilitate main-weapon-exchanges when battling for powerups, when we can have a FUCKING REMMINGTON GRAB-BAG TOURNAMENT?!

With all new models like

THE M6DX "BLACK HOLE RETICLE" SURESHOT PISTOL

Or

THE MA7 "BOB ROSS'S LITTLE SECRET" WALL-PAINTING ASSAULT RIFLE

Results may VARY.

THE VERY BEST IN SIGHTS, BARRELS, AND TRIGGERS BE THEERRRRREEEEEE~~~

post lacks variety

• Upvote (+1) 1

My votes were exactly the leaders in every section.

Basically a weapon similar to the DMR with a 4sk no bloom and less aim assist and 2x zoom

it's the ideal weapon that everyone wants but a lot of them don;t realize it yet

it's the ideal weapon that everyone wants but a lot of them don;t realize it yet

Its to bad that if the weapon was Alien themed, Forerunner or Covenant most likely,  but was perfect, functioned amazingly, and had every element we desire, there would be people who would still complain that it was not the BR or a Human weapon.

I really would love a Forerunner Utility Rifle, something with the aspects that are leading in the Polls currently, and have been stated repeatedly in the thread by myself, you, and others.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really a utility weapon, but the idea of a scopeless 12-bullet 3sk Magnum pickup has been interesting me lately.  It might give use to a currently useless weapon.

Also I'm surprised by the hate for recoil.  Surely, it only adds skill to the weapon.  Not having recoil is pretty much a form of aim assist.

Not really a utility weapon, but the idea of a scopeless 12-bullet 3sk Magnum pickup has been interesting me lately.  It might give use to a currently useless weapon.

Also I'm surprised by the hate for recoil.  Surely, it only adds skill to the weapon.  Not having recoil is pretty much a form of aim assist.

So if we lower recoil, can we also lower "real" aim assist / bullet magnetism?

It's odd to see that people want spread in the weapon and aim assist as it is currently in H4.

in all reality, we just need a weapon that has a true learning curve and punishes the players that don't know how to use it correctly

@bolded Yes, I'll have fries with that.

In addition to "[punishing] players that don't know how to use it," it should reward players who do know how it should be used. Positive reinforcement is the way to go.

It's odd to see that people want spread in the weapon and aim assist as it is currently in H4.

They probably don't realize that spread isn't necessary if you have descope; there is some merit in the argument that an easier utility weapon would boost competition and put emphasis on elements of metagame, but I say that an easy weapon diminishes the natural desire to improve. Arguably, there is a middleground. I personally hate aim assist, which is primarily why I use the Lightrifle despite some of its shortcomings.

The aim assist was probably because that qualification by "Medium" wasn't initially in. I'm pretty sure it was "High," "Medium," "Low," in which case medium seems more justifiable than "current," which I think most people would rank as "High" on the above scale.

Essentially I want the BR back with leading your shots because I feel like that takes the most skill by far but it has to be made more consistent. I still think leading shots is the way to go because it creates a much larger skill gap.

Essentially I want the BR back with leading your shots because I feel like that takes the most skill by far but it has to be made more consistent. I still think leading shots is the way to go because it creates a much larger skill gap.

The poll's not about hitscan man, that will depend on how good the dedis are. Obviously leading shots requires prediction, but we don't know whether lag will mess with that on the new Xbox and to what extent.

This is just to discuss what kind of mechanics we want on H5's starting weapon.