• Automatic
  2. 2. Spamming curve?

• Bloom
    • Recoil ("kick")
    • Overheat
    • No artificial curve
  3. 3. Aim assist?

• Higher
    • Medium *(current BR/DMR levels, not necessarily RRR)
    • Lower
    • No aim assist
  4. 4. Zoom capability?

• 2x
    • 3x
    • 4x
    • Double zoom
    • No zoom
  5. 5. Shots to kill?

• 3sk
    • 4sk
    • 5sk
    • 6sk
    • Dynamic (Lightrifle)
  6. 6. Bullet spread within reticle?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Bullet trails?

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Kills per clip?

• Unlimited (energy-based)
  9. 9. *Rate of fire?

• Slow (H3 Magnum)
    • Medium (H4 DMR)
    • Fast (H4 Carbine)
    • *Dynamic - scoped vs unscoped (poll edit)
  10. 10. Old or new?

• Exactly the same as a previous utility weapon
    • Similar to an existing weapon
    • Completely new

In previous polls concerning the next utility weapon, the choices have been quite biased. Examples: H2 BR, v7 DMR, CE Pistol. Each weapon has worked Arguably well in its respective sandbox, yet I have witnessed countless arguments over which one is better based on nostalgia, misconceptions, stupidity, or simple preference. Now you can feel free to choose each individual option without having to try to remember which one "felt" better.

So we're on the same page, this utility weapon would be in a game with descope instead of flinch, as well as no button combos/glitches.

- - -

Here's the link to one of the first threads discussing this; as I recall, there were several redundant ones (as this may be) but never a good one to begin with. Happy foruming: http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/1864-updated-prefered-future-primary-utility-weapon-halo-5-andor-beyond/

- - - - - - -

Poll Edit - Question 9 (*Rate of fire?) - Added fourth option: Dynamic - scoped vs unscoped

• Upvote (+1) 3

My ideal utility weapon:

4SK, no spread or recoil, single shot.

16 bullet magazine, aim assist comparable to CE.

1 second killtime. <-The most crucial part.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I think if we took the DMR with low zoom (2x) and put a Br skin on it with no bloom with a little slower firerate than a BR and made it a 4sk with little to no aim assist everyone would be happy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think if we took the DMR with low zoom (2x) and put a Br skin on it with no bloom with a little slower firerate than a BR and made it a 4sk with little to no aim assist everyone would be happy.

Except for the BR kids. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think if we took the DMR with low zoom (2x) and no bloom with a little faster firerate than a BR and made it a 4sk with little to no aim assist everyone would be happy.

My ideal utility weapon:

4SK, no spread or recoil, single shot.

16 bullet magazine, aim assist comparable to CE.

1 second killtime. <-The most crucial part.

@bolded I can't agree more. If only I could have added one more question...

Do we really need slower killtimes?

A slower rate of fire doesn't necessarily connote a slow kill time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do we really need slower killtimes?

I always forget about sprint.

im thinking about a 1.2 killtime would be good for sprint. 1.5 for no sprint

Actually, the aim assist on the CE pistol was very high

Actually, the aim assist on the CE pistol was very high

@bolded Relative to....

I won't argue unless quantative data is presented, but thank you for alerting me to a biased section of the poll.

@bolded Relative to....

I won't argue unless quantative data is presented, but thank you for alerting me to a biased section of the poll.

I dont have any on hand, but it is quite high (not H2 high, but more than Reach I think).

What made the pistol hard was the VERY small amount of magnetism.

I dont have any on hand, but it is quite high (not H2 high, but more than Reach I think).

What made the pistol hard was the VERY small amount of magnetism.

My experience with Halo CE is limited, but I assume the Pistol had high acceleration aim assist (like a deadzone) and low magnetism. Each game has different kind in different amounts; Halo 2 and 3 had tons of snapping, and Reach had high magnetism and large hitboxes. Halo 4 has mostly friction and magnetism. Maybe this merits its own separate discussion. I find that a lot of people throw around the different words without knowing their definitions.

- - -

Here's a helpful article for all who are interested:

http://www.halopedia.org/Aim-Assist

Shoot. I forgot to add a very important question: Hitscan vs Projectile. Discuss?

Shoot. I forgot to add a very important question: Hitscan vs Projectile. Discuss?

Seeing as we're getting dedis, I'd like projectiles to return to some degree. Around Halo 3 levels of shot lead.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, I would love to see a New Weapon added, that fits the role perfectly and still allows the other current weapons, Light Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Carbine, to remain viable Pick-Up's on Maps for certain situations.

My ideal weapon would be something Energy Based with Unlimited Kill potential preferably a Forerunner Themed Weapon, 4sk, No Recoil, No Spread, No Bloom, a 2x Zoom Scope, with a nice added Bullet Trail effect.

Honestly, I would love to see a New Weapon added, that fits the role perfectly and still allows the other current weapons, Light Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Carbine, to remain viable Pick-Up's on Maps for certain situations.

My ideal weapon would be something Energy Based with Unlimited Kill potential preferably a Forerunner Themed Weapon, 4sk, No Recoil, No Spread, No Bloom, a 2x Zoom Scope, with a nice added Bullet Trail effect.

Totally agree with you on the first part, and that's a very interesting idea. Orange or blue "bullets?"
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Totally agree with you on the first part, and that's a very interesting idea. Orange or blue "bullets?"

I am glad you like the idea, we have never had a nice Energy Based Weapon that focused solely on completely Single Shot potential, though the Light Rifle is pretty amazing with its Dynamic set-up in my opinion.

I would prefer to see it use Blue Bullet's, a blend of energy and projectile bullets mixed, instead of the laser like rounds that the Light Rifle fires to make it more unique. I prefer the Blue theme of the original Forerunner's, and how serene and legacy like the blue coloring, hue, appears.

How about we make a br that has no spread and bullets packed so tightly together that its practically a dmr.

:/

Edit: anyone who votes 6sk is getting a punch in eye :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

My primary concern regarding an utility weapon is not having randomness. Single-shot best achieves this, but if there can somehow be a burst weapon that doesn't have random spread then I'm fine with that too. If it's not random, takes skill to use, and has appropriate kill time and range for the game's other settings then I don't really care what it looks like or the exact particulars.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@Whoever-chose-Automatic: Looks like someone has embraced their inner troll. :D

My primary concern regarding an utility weapon is not having randomness. Single-shot best achieves this, but if there can somehow be a burst weapon that doesn't have random spread then I'm fine with that too. If it's not random, takes skill to use, and has appropriate kill time and range for the game's other settings then I don't really care what it looks like or the exact particulars.

I agree, it should be a theoretically consistent weapon with a high potential for damage but a low rate of perfect executions.

I feel the same, I am not against a Burst-Fire Utility Weapon, but I would prefer a Single-Shot's for a true Utility Weapon as they are truly accurate, and consistent and force you to always make your shots count. I however love seeing a nice Burst-Fire or Automatic that I can simply pick-up on the Map to complement it well, as I feel those weapons are generally mostly situational in their designs, advantages,.

I really want a Burst-Fire Weapon that is not the Battle Rifle, or classified as a Precision Weapon in Halo honestly. I would love something along the lines of a mix of the Battle RIfle, SMG, Assault Rifle, and even the Plasma Rifle, that has no Scope, and is more efficient at hip-firing and suppressing enemies than the Assault Rifle or Suppressor are in Halo 4.

@Whoever-chose-Automatic: Looks like someone has embraced their inner troll. :D

I was actually close to picking automatic since there's no stipulation in your poll that the automatic can't require actual pacing (not ******o-Reach pacing), have a zoom, be capable of headshots, or have low aim assist / aim skill gap. I was thinking something like a mix of CE AR, Reach Focus Rifle, and Quake LG. I decided against it because the headshots would be broken (swipes like mad!!) and the headshot mechanic is a pretty damn good thing to have IMO.

Anyways, why is there even a "high aim assist" option?

Ontopic: What I ended up with:

-Single shot

-No artificial curve (can't have that for single shots without an insane rof.. and idk how you would do it without randomness either)

-Low aim assist (What counts as "low," "medium," etc aim assist? Is medium what we currently have or an average of all of the games?)

-2x zoom (I would have preferred 2.5x if we could get a lower RRR than the usual but that wasn't an option - could we get RRR voted on instead of the aim assist thing?)

-4sk to the head, 7sk to the body, 8sk or 9sk to the legs would be coolsauce too (also a killtime vote option would be nice, I'd like the minimum killtime to be something in the 1-1.2 second ballpark)

-No spread

-Yes to bullet trails (intelligent people can find out where they're being shot from without resorting to H4's easy mode damage markers)

-3 kills per clip, 2 is not enough for a 4v4 game (people will have to reload every 2 secs) and the chances that you will need to be empowered to kill 4 players without reloading one after the other is astronomically low - that 4th kill/clip will almost always be used as buffer for missing. Since I want a 4sk utility weapon, it would have 12 bullets / clip and by spamming body shots, you could only get one kill / clip, whereas with 4 kills/clip you would have two.

-RoF is medium (Carbine rof 4sk seems like it would be way faster than 1-1.2 second). 

Anyways I said this would be similar to an existing weapon just because it's a mix of the CE Magnum and Reach ZB DMR, although it wouldn't really be either (RRR/zoom closer to Magnum than DMR, killtime between CE Magnum and DMR, kills/clip like DMR, etc).

I was actually close to picking automatic since there's no stipulation in your poll that the automatic can't require actual pacing (not ******o-Reach pacing), have a zoom, be incapable of headshots, or have high aim assist / low skill gap. I was thinking something like a mix of CE AR and Quake LG.

Quake LG is more of a dueling gun for 1v1's. Because Halo is a team game with a significantly slower strafe and faster killtimes, an LG wouldn't have a place in the sandbox.