summeriscold

should halo 5 be multiplatform

In the past having xbox be the most popular platform made it ok to make halo xbox exclusive but now that halo isnt as popular as it used to be i think that halo 5 should be multiplatform this would make the overall population of halo much bigger and just because it is made by published by microsoft i think that they should still make it multiplatform at this point in time it cant be about the money that you make from the people going out to buy xboxes to play the game so you can make more money 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Not going to lie to you guys, I think that if Halo 5 was on ps 4 as well as xbox, and you could match against players from the different platforrms ... That would forever end ps4 vs xbox one wars... 

PC is OP though

• Upvote (+1) 1

While it would be ideal to grow the community, it will NEVER happen. Seriously, it's incentive to buy an Xbox over any other console. It was the best selling Microsoft Studios game for Xbox 360, and they'll always make a killing on the name alone. 

While it would be ideal to grow the community, it will NEVER happen. Seriously, it's incentive to buy an Xbox over any other console. It was the best selling Microsoft Studios game for Xbox 360, and they'll always make a killing on the name alone. 

I know... I'm just sayin ;) 

I just cant see it... ANY good player would play on the 360 for many reason but a big one would simply be the controllers. I could never image playing Halo or ANY FPS competitively on the PS controllers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know... I'm just sayin ;)

I know. I just wanted to make it clear to the OP. It's impossible to do so without sounding like an a-hole though :\

If anything, and this is a very big IF. Halo would go to PC to finally provide cross platform between console and pc gamers. Most likely, probably, definitely, will never happen. But its cool to dream! 

But ya Halo will never go to Playstation because they are M$'s direct competitor.

Is H5 being multiplatform in 343's interests? Yes, I would probably buy it for PC because they couldn't screw up the aim assist. Is it in MS's? Sadly no.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No,

By the way.. that wall of text..

what?? you consider that a wall of text. lol

I think Microsoft should lift the exclusion maybe a year after release, and put it on their new Windows platform. Like put Halo 3 & 4 as a Windows 8 game. It's sure to get a lot of players on PC, and might make big enough fans to buy an xbone.

I just cant see it... ANY good player would play on the 360 for many reason but a big one would simply be the controllers. I could never image playing Halo or ANY FPS competitively on the PS controllers.

You can modify Xbox controllers to work on the ps3, and there are many that are nearly identical like the madcatz mlg controller. You can move the sticks anywhere on it to your liking. Yes the default PS controller sucks but it doesn't mean you cant get a good controller on PlayStation.

Also, Halo will never be on the PlayStation while Microsoft is making a console. It would cost them console sales unquestionably.

You can modify Xbox controllers to work on the ps3, and there are many that are nearly identical like the madcatz mlg controller. You can move the sticks anywhere on it to your liking. Yes the default PS controller sucks but it doesn't mean you cant get a good controller on PlayStation.

Also, Halo will never be on the PlayStation while Microsoft is making a console. It would cost them console sales unquestionably.

ya I suppose modded Xbox controllers would beok. The mlg madcatz controllers are complete fail though.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

ya I suppose modded Xbox controllers would beok. The mlg madcatz controllers are complete fail though.

Am I the only person who actually likes my mlg controller. :(

Bad idea. 

Wouldn't happen.

Microsoft/Xbox exclusive.

Sales do NOT need to be increased because Halo 4 already pulled HUGE numbers.

I strongly agree with this. I don't think Halo will be on any other platforms other than Xbox itself.

Not going to lie to you guys, I think that if Halo 5 was on ps 4 as well as xbox, and you could match against players from the different platforrms ... That would forever end ps4 vs xbox one wars... 

PC is OP though

This would be cool.

OT, no, Halo belongs to xbox, and xbox only.

no need to -rep the guy, he's just asking for opinions. My best bet is that he isn't aware of Microsoft's ownership of the IP, and that they would have no intentions of sharing the love with Sony/ Nintendo.