theoryCHL

CHL:Competitive Halo League

Whats up Beyond Ent. 

CHL:Click Here

For awhile now we have been working really hard to put together a different kind of competitive halo platform. Something that was almost like GameBattles or PGL but with more of a focus on community. 

What we have is CHL or Competitive Halo League. We just got done our first season of play and it went very well. We did a trial phase with around 20 teams and 100 free agents.

For season 2 and beyond we are looking to expand. Starting with our own website soon enough, you can get more info right here. On that site you will see our old name (competitive reddit league) but all of our info.

please ask any questions here, I will be glad to answer them. first, a few FAQ.

1. we are free entry.

2. two games per week are scheduled

3. we use divisions based on location

4. we have great prizes from Gamma Labs, Gunnar, & Scuf Gaming

5. we use 100% throwdown settings in current form (v4/v5/v6) 

again, please feel free to ask more. This post is to create awareness as we are opening up registration to new teams for season 2! 

thanks guys,

theory.

EDIT: to be really clear, this is designed to be a feeder league for teams looking to get into AGL or for teams looking for more practice for AGL.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Canadian hockey league :)

Yeah I know. Hockey player myself. Much better then our old CRL which was (Competitive Reddit League). People didnt know we were playing halo, eh.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys! I'm the event coordinator for CHL.

Don't be discouraged from joining CHL if you're a Free Agent.

It's my job to work with all the F/A's during the preseason to form teams with each other by hosting weekly events that get you introduced to one another and finding out who you mesh well with.

I will also be hosting weekly events available for all members of CHL that enable the community to play together outside of their scheduled matches.

Feel free to contact me with any thoughts or concerns you may have regarding CHL, I'll be happy to speak with you!

And don't forget to check us out on Reddit! Link

GT: Mikemagss

• Upvote (+1) 2

When are you planning on starting weekly matches? Or opening up registration? Interested if I can find some F/A's or a team to match up with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fake theory much?

Back on topic.

CGL > CHL   :kappa: :unclesudd: :kappa: :unclesudd: :kappa: :unclesudd: :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When are you planning on starting weekly matches? Or opening up registration? Interested if I can find some F/A's or a team to match up with.

We already do weekly matches at this point. Season 1 is in playoffs (round robin). Once we finish season 1 this upcoming week, we will take 10 days to prepare for season 2. That means in about 7 days registration opens up for individual players AND teams.

Fake theory much?

Back on topic.

CGL > CHL   :kappa: :unclesudd: :kappa: :unclesudd: :kappa: :unclesudd: :kappa:

I am sorry that you chose the same name as me. Its not really a big deal. I have been using this name since xbox connect in its many variations. I would love for you to believe you are the only theory in the world but I have run into many others.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We already do weekly matches at this point. Season 1 is in playoffs (round robin). Once we finish season 1 this upcoming week, we will take 10 days to prepare for season 2. That means in about 7 days registration opens up for individual players AND teams.

Where can I join to start getting into the weekly matches?

Where can I join to start getting into the weekly matches?

Well, in order to get into games you need a team of 4. If you would like to play in our current free agent events, you can just send an email to [email protected] with your information. (gamertag, location, play schedule) and we can include you in all our free agent events.

thats not to say you cant register with a team when the new season opens! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am also a part of CHL, it really has the potential to be a great league. 

thank you sir! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was really hoping this just wasn't the competitive halo 4 league, and actually a competitive halo league.

good luck

I was really hoping this just wasn't the competitive halo 4 league, and actually a competitive halo league.

good luck

as far as the league goes, we only do current competitive settings. As far as the community goes, we organize all kinds of events including Halo 3, but not Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just wanted to drop a few links and some info for anyone who wants to see just how we got down in season 1:

Free Agents | Teams | Matchups / Schedule | Standings

As you can see it's almost reminiscent of a regular sports league or even a fantasy sports league.

Each team has a six man roster (even though this is a 4v4 league). This helps for scheduling matches and having a backup plan when people inevitably can't make a series.

The cool part is that there's always a great group of guys to play with and we are going to make the league a little more exclusive in season 2 to help keep douchebags and deadbeat (yeah, we had a few of each) teams out so it's a more positive experience for all.

Every week or two we have a community event for all or for just a selection of our members. For example, we had a Free Agent FFA which ended up having teams fighting over the winner(s). Another community event we did was a BTB v4 which customized BTB maps like Exile for some v4-style CTF, etc

We're also planning on implementing a new proprietary ELO system into season 2 to ensure that matches are more competitive.

One problem we faced during season 1 was some teams not showing up or not being able to make a scheduled match. One way we are considering fixing that in season 2 is by scheduling a block of three teams to play two back-to-back series so if one team in a no-show, at least the other two teams can get their series in. 

Another problem we faced is having a couple of teams registering to play, but never following through and showing up to series. We plan on fixing this in part by having a preseason to help us realize who the problem teams will be ahead of time. 

We have an optional group.me chats, one for team captains (great for scheduling and finding scrims and impromptu customs) and another one which is eligible to all members which is good for just general discussion and finding customs. 

I will say that I think the best reason people should join is that it's an extremely competitive yet friendly environment where you can start getting some experience in team building, scrims, meeting people, and "trying your ass off" in best-of-whatever series if you're thinking about pursuing a path in competitive Halo.

Definitely a better and more fulfilling experience than just going into throwdown over and over again. And that's me being 100% honest.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whats up Beyond Ent. 

For awhile now we have been working really hard to put together a different kind of competitive halo platform. Something that was almost like GameBattles or PGL but with more of a focus on community. 

What we have is CHL or Competitive Halo League. We just got done our first season of play and it went very well. We did a trial phase with around 20 teams and 100 free agents.

For season 2 and beyond we are looking to expand. Starting with our own website soon enough, you can get more info right here. On that site you will see our old name (competitive reddit league) but all of our info.

please ask any questions here, I will be glad to answer them. first, a few FAQ.

1. we are free entry.

2. two games per week are scheduled

3. we use divisions based on location

4. we have great prizes from Gamma Labs, Gunnar, & Scuf Gaming

5. we use 100% throwdown settings in current form (v4/v5/v6) 

again, please feel free to ask more. This post is to create awareness as we are opening up registration to new teams for season 2! 

thanks guys,

theory.

EDIT: to be really clear, this is designed to be a feeder league for teams looking to get into AGL or for teams looking for more practice for AGL.

I may be asking a little early, but will something like this be organized exclusively for European players?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I may be asking a little early, but will something like this be organized exclusively for European players?

That could be an option moving forward, but not something we've discussed yet. Good suggestion.

That could be an option moving forward, but not something we've discussed yet. Good suggestion.

Thanks, I think what the European scene needs now is a way for what little players we have to find each other.

Thanks, I think what the European scene needs now is a way for what little players we have to find each other.

PGL needs a 4v4 ladder exclusive to European players that use TopMid settings. BEFORE I START A FLAME WAR, please let me explain that I disagree with split settings and that I only want TopMid settings to attract the attention of European players who will continue with Throwdown settings once the "setting globalization" has taken place.

Most europeans hang out on topmid.eu and it's a great way to find other europeans to play with, there are plenty of us!

OT: This is a really good idea, a middle ground between casually playing and full blown events can only be a good thing.

Most europeans hang out on topmid.eu and it's a great way to find other europeans to play with, there are plenty of us!

OT: This is a really good idea, a middle ground between casually playing and full blown events can only be a good thing.

We really wanted to create an environment for people who cant make it to events, but still love playing competitive halo. Some of our players do go to events and play with us for extra practice. Its really about community (just like this site). 

Were hoping to have a few more teams for next season and continue building up competitive halo again.

as far as european teams go, we had a team try to compete from Europe last season, the timing is off. If we could get around 6-8 teams from EU, we would put in the effort to give them the same experience as the rest of the league! 

I am sorry that you chose the same name as me. Its not really a big deal. I have been using this name since xbox connect in its many variations. I would love for you to believe you are the only theory in the world but I have run into many others.

You know its funny you say that. Every fake theory Ive ran into has said they have had the name since XBC. So in less there was like 50 Theorys back in the XBC days (Which I highly doubt) you guys think if you say you have been around since XBC nobody will question it. Its just funny.

Real talk tho. OGs dont have to explain how long they have had their name. #JustSaying :ghost:

• Downvote (-1) 8

I agree but I meant something along the lines of that new twitter account... I think it is called HaloScrimsEU. Now that is perfect :D