Sign in to follow this  
Gobias

Your Best Idea for Destiny

- - - - - - -

Notice how I used the superlative degree, which means you should post just one idea, not a gigantic, incoherent wishlist, which is what most forums based on soon-to-be-released games degrade to. I hope to post a similar topic on Bungie.net, assuming my account hasn't been deactivated for unactivity.

- - -

So here's my best idea, which you may have seen me post before: In Destiny, every player should be able to challenge any other player to a duel, a 1v1, if you will. Bungie have already confirmed gambling, so it would also be possible for the combatants to wager Glimmer or other items of value.

- - -

Post away, but remember: Just one idea, your best one!

- - - - - - -

World pvp combative zones, you know how they have "Public zones" so why couldn't they have "pvp zones" like on the outskirts of areas or something where its every Guardian for himself! I could imagine just walking into what appears to be an abandoned forest, and then BOOM some Hunter head-shots you out of nowhere from the trees up above. I could also see people "grouping up" in these areas and forming "Ganking parties" or truces similar to MMO games.

Also clan/guild(whatever they are being called) MM because it would make sense for Guardians to have their own organized command chain(aka clans) and to group up with each other in the world to better their chances of survival and test their skills against other clans  ^_^

World pvp combative zones, you know how they have "Public zones" so why couldn't they have "pvp zones" like on the outskirts of areas or something where its every Guardian for himself! I could imagine just walking into what appears to be an abandoned forest, and then BOOM some Hunter head-shots you out of nowhere from the trees up above. I could also see people "grouping up" in these areas and forming "Ganking parties" or truces similar to MMO games.

Also clan/guild(whatever they are being called) MM because it would make sense for Guardians to have their own organized command chain(aka clans) and to group up with each other in the world to better their chances of survival and test their skills against other clans ^_^

Well, we've already seen footage of two guilds (one of them was called the "Pants Guild"), so it's entirely possible. Perhaps this could be what Faction Wars will be like, although that mode may have been scrapped. PvP / FFA zones could be really nice in Destiny's sandbox; it can get very intense in a game like DayZ where you are more afraid of other players than the monsters.

An ELO arena system similar to that of LOL or WOW. It would allow a great side form of entertainment from the main story / RPG element.

I had an idea for Halo 4 a few months before it came out, maybe it could apply here too.

Portal 2 implemented this really cool non-verbal communication tool to help players work together without using mics. If Destiny's multiplayer is anything like Halo's multiplayer it would be awesome to use as a non-verbal, visual callout. For instance you see a player run into your flag, you press down on the D-Pad, and suddenly there's a little waypoint wherever your reticle was aimed at. Just let's your teammates know something's up at that area.

And to be clear, I'm just talking about just one option. When I suggested it on Waypoint forums people thought I literally meant an exact replica of Portal 2's callout system that gives you 20 different callout options to choose from (place portal here, go on 3, etc.). There's not enough buttons on a controller and not enough time to make those decisions in game anyway. All I would like to see is a waypoint appear on someone's HUD so people on your team check it out as a point of interest. 

I had an idea for Halo 4 a few months before it came out, maybe it could apply here too.

Portal 2 implemented this really cool non-verbal communication tool to help players work together without using mics. If Destiny's multiplayer is anything like Halo's multiplayer it would be awesome to use as a non-verbal, visual callout. For instance you see a player run into your flag, you press down on the D-Pad, and suddenly there's a little waypoint wherever your reticle was aimed at. Just let's your teammates know something's up at that area.

And to be clear, I'm just talking about just one option. When I suggested it on Waypoint forums people thought I literally meant an exact replica of Portal 2's callout system that gives you 20 different callout options to choose from (place portal here, go on 3, etc.). There's not enough buttons on a controller and not enough time to make those decisions in game anyway. All I would like to see is a waypoint appear on someone's HUD so people on your team check it out as a point of interest.

Well, we've already seen player emotes like dancing, waving, saluting, and... pointing. Perhaps when you point at something your Ghost could follow your aim and become a beacon. That's actually quite probable.

Well, we've already seen footage of two guilds (one of them was called the "Pants Guild"), so it's entirely possible. Perhaps this could be what Faction Wars will be like, although that mode may have been scrapped. PvP / FFA zones could be really nice in Destiny's sandbox; it can get very intense in a game like DayZ where you are more afraid of other players than the monsters.

Thanks for reminding I forgot all about the "Faction Wars" mode we saw from one of the first Vidocs, not sure if that is quite like traditional clan MM like H2 had but I guess we will see  ^_^

I hope they dont make this world feel too "safe" and have it end up feeling fake because of it, it would only make sense that there would be bandits and rogue Guardians in the world with contrived agendas. 

I hope they dont make this world feel too "safe" and have it end up feeling fake because of it, it would only make sense that there would be bandits and rogue Guardians in the world with contrived agendas.

I believe they have said that not all enemies are bad, and not all Guardians are good. "Why don't you put the gun down so we can talk?" "Out in the wild, this is how we talk."

I'm interested to see how the open-world aspect plays into this.

I believe they have said that not all enemies are bad, and not all Guardians are good. "Why don't you put the gun down so we can talk?" "Out in the wild, this is how we talk."

I'm interested to see how the open-world aspect plays into this.

I hate to bring up WoW again because obviously its pretty cliche but one aspect I loved about the earlier WoW expansions was there was open world bosses, world pvp, regular attacks on Stormwind(Ally capital city) by the Horde and then retaliate attacks by the Alliance, a real sense of community(not like modern EZ mode WoW), where you would have to actually spend time getting the right class combinations and find people for raids instead of just queing into LFG and partying with some random dudes, guilds,  battle-grounds over turf, all of that stuff that made it feel like a real deep world even when its obviously just a virtual world.

I know Destiny is not trying to be like WoW, but it could certainly learn a few things from WoW about world building and empowering player decisions. 

And ranks.

Ranks have been hinted at, but there's no way to tell for sure if they're in Destiny as of yet.

Hundreds of thousands of people will play Destiny regardless of ranks, I'm sure of it. From all the information I've gathered, there's just so much replayability. Ranks would add to that significantly, though.