Drewski

Lag trouble, HALP!

Sorry to make my 3rd topic of the day, but i need some help. Recently i have been lagging a shit ton, red bar-ing, and lagging out of most games, halo 4 and black ops 2. But my internet is fine, im not having trouble to connect, it doesnt feel slow on my laptop or phone connected to wifi, but whenever i play xbox it lags terribly. This is just a recent problem i noticed in the last couple of days, it used to play fine! I even did a speed test to see if that would tell me anything but it looks fine to me:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2868386931

Anyway im terrible with all things involving internet connection and stuff, so im wondering if theres anything else any1 can think of that might help me. I went as far as to shut down my lap top to see if that would help my connection on xbox lol.

How many games have you been lagging on?

if you mean games as in the actual differing games i have just played halo 4 and BO2 recently.

if you mean matches i gotta say almost all of them. All the h4 ones a played a couple days ago i lagged terribly, (even got salty messages about it when i got host one game lol), and one i even lagged out of. this was while playing infinity slayer, so there was a decent population size. Then just about an hour ago i was playing blackops and in every game i atleast went thru a period of a couple minutes where i was red, yellow bar, and one game i lagged out of totally. all matches in both games usually had atleast 1 or 2 couple minute periods where i was red or yellow bar before turning back to green, and some games i even lagged the whole way thru. I only played 5 or 6 matches on both games cuz i couldnt handle it.

Hmm, if you're lagging on your own host then I guess it's your end. Have you tried resetting your router?

Hmm, if you're lagging on your own host then I guess it's your end. Have you tried resetting your router?

yea i just did, will prob try to play a few games later to see if it worked. I wasnt host every game tho, i lagged regardless of who hosted or not. 

yea i just did, will prob try to play a few games later to see if it worked. I wasnt host every game tho, i lagged regardless of who hosted or not. 

It could be an issue with the XBL servers, I saw a post or two on these forums earlier today saying they were lagging on XBL, too. Or, could just be getting unlucky with bad hosts a lot, I've had that sometimes where I've lagged bad in 10+ games and thought it was my end but turned out to be fine the next day.

If all above fails, try contacting your ISP, they might be able to troubleshoot your issue or phone up Xbox Support and see what they have to say. 

EDIT: Also, try this if you want. http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live/connecting/slow-performance-solution

Good luck. :)

It could be an issue with the XBL servers, I saw a post or two on these forums earlier today saying they were lagging on XBL, too. Or, could just be getting unlucky with bad hosts a lot, I've had that sometimes where I've lagged bad in 10+ games and thought it was my end but turned out to be fine the next day.

If all above fails, try contacting your ISP, they might be able to troubleshoot your issue or phone up Xbox Support and see what they have to say. 

alrighty thanks for ur time!

Uh, you're probably kidding, but just in case, yeah that's bad.

trust me man im not kidding, mexican internet :/