LeandroTrooper

If Halo 5 has these things, would you buy/enjoy the game?

(Fixed: Get rid of, or putting in only one or two playlists (Social Playlist))

Sprint on Action Sack/Social Playlist/Custom Games

- Armor Abilities on Action Sack/Social Playlist

- Infinity Slayer on Action Sack/Social Playlist (Only one gametype)

- New Competitive maps, New Casual maps and Classic maps (From small to big)

- Balanced weapons out of the box

- Competitive Endorsment (Spectator Mode, MLG Tournaments, etc)

- No-Flinch

- Descope is Back

- SEVERAL Gametypes

- Classic playlist at launch

- More customization and options for Capture the flag, Oddball, KotH, etc (Shooting or not, Grabbing automatically the flag or not, Waypoint or not, etc)

- Custom game options Amplified

- Custom Powerup or the return of Camouflage (Like OS)

- Weapons despawns not too quick. (Or a timer, whatever)
- Variety of gametypes (Mix of gametypes)
- Forge 3.0 (Not even 2.0, several options, scenarios, atmosphere, colors, etc)
- No Bloom at all.
- Social/Ranked playlist (That way, people can enjoy casual settings and competitive settings in separated ways)
- In-Game Ranks.

Maybe is not Halo 2 but still looks like a more organized game if this stuff is in Halo 5?. Would you enjoy the game? Do you think people would say Halo 5 is a great game like the old days?

What are your thoughts?

Yep all the above would be perfect and a better UI.Dont think sprint will be in one playlist( if that's what you were meaning) would lose thise 10k sprint lovers :)

Yes, people would buy it and really enjoy it but I don't see 343 doing this all in a million years. I think they'll add a spectator mode, possibly ingame ranks but I fear AA's, Sprint and all that gimmicky, random shit is here to stay. :/

Yes, people would buy it and really enjoy it but I don't see 343 doing this all in a million years. I think they'll add a spectator mode, possibly ingame ranks but I fear AA's, Sprint and all that gimmicky, random shit is here to stay. :/

Maybe, but how about on specific playlists? For example, in Social Playlist there is AA and Sprint? Some people including Saucey agree in a certain extent that if those 2 are applied only in Social playlists, it could work. Around 20k people in the Spanish Community, don't dislike that much those two, (They hate Camo and stuff like that as AA) 

I might buy this game. It depends on a few things:

How good are the new maps?

How is the utility weapon?

What about loadouts / perks?

Is the spawn system any good?

Are all of the weapons useful? (please no more h3 magnums)
Do we get any new gametypes? Are they any good? (extraction was an example of good)
Define casual maps. Are we talking Boarding Action or are we talking Spire?

Maybe, but how about on specific playlists? For example, in Social Playlist there is AA and Sprint? Some people including Saucey agree in a certain extent that if those 2 are applied only in Social playlists, it could work. Around 20k people in the Spanish Community, don't dislike that much those two, (They hate Camo and stuff like that as AA) 

I still feel to have a hugely popular game like H2/H3 for XBL, they need to have it similar across the board (both Ranked and Social).

Thousands and thousands of players played H3 casually in social playlists because it was fun, no sprint, no AA's, no gimmicky stuff.

If they make the competitive playlists great but leave Sprint and AA's etc in social gametypes, you'll have a repeat of H4's population drop but with a slightly larger competitive audience. As we all know, the competitive community is not huge. Maybe 10%-20% of the whole population.

AS you can see from Halo 4's population drop, the thousands who picked up the game off launch were mainly casuals, who then left the game because it was so random and broken. This is also evident in Reach, where the population dropped off hugely in comparison to H2/H3, most of the people who stopped playing were casuals.

Also, it wouldn't make sense to have such a huge divide between the two. Sometimes players who played Ranked gametypes want to hop into Social for a bit to have some chilled out games, or play with their friend who's a noob etc. 

Also, don't forget the social players who might want to make the jump to Ranked, they'd be playing a different game, going from Sprint/AA's etc to No Sprint, no Radar, no AA's etc which in turn would drive them away because it'd be hard for them to adapt.

IMO, the whole game needs to be similar in regards to game mechanics, just like H2/H3 had it.

Sorry for the wall of text.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why the good things such as no-sprint have to be only in competitive playlist? i don't play competitive and i want the simple things we use to have back then in all playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

See, the thing is, Halo 4 had so many changes that it's hard to tell what people truly despised about the game. Was it default sprint, poor playlist management, custom loadouts, personal ordnance, flinch instead of descope, or the lack of in-game ranks that really set everyone off? Was it all or just a few? because half of those things can work if they're balanced correctly. Would people have stayed around if there were in-game ranks but still Infinity, or the other way around? We may never know.

Maybe just maybe sprint could go into BTB but hopefully not in anything else no matter if it's aim is social IMO it doesn't belong in any 4v4 modes.

I don't mind jet-pack included as a pickup on the maps but I'll be happy to see Camouflage and Pro vision be removed.

343 was aware that many people weren't happy with Reach but decided to make things worse maybe now they have realised.

See, the thing is, Halo 4 had so many changes that it's hard to tell what people truly despised about the game. Was it default sprint, poor playlist management, custom loadouts, personal ordnance, flinch instead of descope, or the lack of in-game ranks that really set everyone off? Was it all or just a few? because half of those things can work if they're balanced correctly. Would people have stayed around if there were in-game ranks but still Infinity, or the other way around? We may never know.

It was everything, 343 designed a game for an audience that does not exist. The core audience(Halo MP fan-base) rejected it hard. 

If they make Spartan Warfare 2 it will fail even harder among the Halo MP fan-base.

Maybe just maybe sprint could go into BTB but hopefully not in anything else no matter if it's aim is social IMO it doesn't belong in any 4v4 modes.

I don't mind jet-pack included as a pickup on the maps but I'll be happy to see Camouflage and Pro vision be removed.

343 was aware that many people weren't happy with Reach but decided to make things worse maybe now they have realised.

We thought they realized after they gave us no bloom etc.. but then they did this. How can we ever be certain if they understand what we all want?

We thought they realized after they gave us no bloom etc.. but then they did this. How can we ever be certain if they understand what we all want?

Yeah they did a complete 180 compared to the Reach TU.

Reach V7 was no sprint and was very good so why are we at v4 in Halo 4 with sprint.

Yeah they did a complete 180 compared to the Reach TU.

Reach V7 was no sprint and was very good so why are we at v4 in Halo 4 with sprint.

Its a damn shame.

Might sound idiotic, but I'm buying this game blind. I want to stay away from as much news as possible and when I pick it up, I want it to be a totally objective experience with no subjective emotions that might cloud judgement. 

I will buy an Xbox one and Halo 5 if we have vehicle and grenade skins. Weapon skins aren't enough.

Lets be honest here - Everyone here is going to purchase H5, the question is will everyone KEEP playing H5

Lol that is true. Not everyone will keep playing H5, a lot will not like it but keep playing it, some will stop playing it then proceed to complain on the forums for the next 10-24 months until halo 6 comes around xD Pretty sure those same people have been doing that for the last 3 halos, it must get tiring for them haha

Your seperation between Ranked and Social is too crippling for players transitioning between those environments. The beauty about Halo 3's Ranked/Social is that both categories retained the same gameplay and formula... it was just played on a more competitive level with straightforward settings in Ranked.

As to all the other things, its pretty much beating a dead horse... its been said numerous times on the forums.

The only reason I don't play halo 4 is the lack of ranks. period. I played through reach without them wondering what I was doing. Even a throwdown playlist with the reach arena ranking system or CoD league play system would be enough for me.

League of Legends ELO/Current League Rankings>Halo 2 Rank System>Halo 3 Rank System>CoD Blops 2 League Play>Reach Arena Ranks.

BUT GIVE ME ONE OF THEM IN HALO 5 DAMMIT, I'm not picky anymore!