CyReN

Battlefield Discussion

For those who don't know. If you don't like the default controls of the BF4 beta and want it more like BF3. Switch your Button Controls to Veteran. Should help out :D Only difference I notice is that X is to get in/out of vehicles and B is to melee and RB is to spot. Also, hold Start to pull up your scoreboard. 

What's your guys' fastest conquest game? Mine is 7:06.

Best K/D? Mine is 25/6.

Got 30/2 yesterday, but I started playing on the 1st and there was a lot of fresh meat. It was like playing Halo on Christmas.

It took me a few months to get good at Bad Company 2. My first game I pretty much dominated. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing. I like this game so far though.

So I'm a little curious about this beta here.

Why does it look so damn bad? The graphics are HORRENDOUS. I'm not much of a graphics whore, but this is genuinely best looking PS2 graphics or first year 360 graphics. The fuck?  

^

1. It's a Beta

2. They are trying to put the same game on 8 year old hardware as they are on machines (pcs) that are 20-30x more powerful.

3. They sacrifice looks for smooth gameplay.

What are battlepacks?

Something that has the potential of ruining this game. Battlepacks are random lotteries for players. Things like emblem shapes, camos, attachments, and "XP boosts" are included. These are primarily made so consumers can hopefully buy them with real currency. Battlepacks are also the reason it takes considerably longer to rank up/unlock items so they have more value. There's no way to know what you will get in the battlepack. Also, the XP boosts only last one hour.

It reminds me of Planetside 2's scheme. Make everything unreasonably hard to unlock in-game so the premium content has more value. It's a borderline pay-to-win, and Battlefield 4 is dipping their toes in this scheme now, except this game isn't free.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My XBOX dislikes this beta. I downloaded it and my Netflix and YouTube stopped working. Those two games I did play was pretty fun though.

Never been a huge fan of large scale shooters, but it's pretty fun once you get the hang of it. I probably won't buy it if the campaign is poop again, since I don't see myself grinding a whole lot of hours in this multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never been a huge fan of large scale shooters, but it's pretty fun once you get the hang of it. I probably won't buy it if the campaign is poop again, since I don't see myself grinding a whole lot of hours in this multiplayer.

If you're buying this for the campaign, then don't. In the history of Battlefield, there has never been a "great" campaign. The best one was Bad Company 1 and that was only because of the humor. The amount of money and time DICE spends on campaigns is something I never want to see, it'll just be depressing.

Also, if you only play for the campaigns, why not redbox them?

I'd buy for the XB1 so I could play 32 v 32, however since I don't have the money, I won't get it because 12 v 12 conquest is a ghost town.

If you're buying this for the campaign, then don't. In the history of Battlefield, there has never been a "great" campaign. The best one was Bad Company 1 and that was only because of the humor. The amount of money and time DICE spends on campaigns is something I never want to see, it'll just be depressing.

Also, if you only play for the campaigns, why not redbox them?

I don't just play for the campaigns but I didn't like BF3 as much as I liked Bad Company 2. I'm trying to play more multiplayer games than just Halo but I just don't feel like BF4 will be one of them. Lol.

I don't just play for the campaigns but I didn't like BF3 as much as I liked Bad Company 2. I'm trying to play more multiplayer games than just Halo but I just don't feel like BF4 will be one of them. Lol.

This. But I played the Beta today and I will definitely be going back for more. BF4 seems larger scale and more epic like BF2 was. I own BF3 and probably didn't play more than 4-5 hours :(

Obliteration mode has been added to the beta!

Two teams face off medium-sized battlegrounds where one bomb spawns in a random central location. The mission: To pick up the bomb and arm it at one of the enemy's three military installments and blow it up. When the bomb has detonated, a new bomb spawns in a random location, and the race is on again! The first team to destroy all three objectives win.