ASlaughterFest

So much nostalgia makes me sad!

Im so sad i miss memories of halo 2 and halo 3 why did everything half to go downhill with reach than halo 4 was like a dagger to the heart :(. Watching halo 3 montages gives me so much nostalgia and it just makes me pissed because 343 thinks they can change everything from halos core and expect people to like it! 343 for halo 5 we need to go back to halos roots of gameplay no more armor abilitys, no sprint, no loadouts, no ordnance, NONE OF THAT NOOBY Yoink!! halo 3 had 100 of thousands of people playing it and look at halo 4 it barely reachs 30k at peak hours!

This is why we must go back halo 3 was a funner more balanced game and was a downright success halo 4 however has lost so much of its population since launch if u dont believe me look at the charts.

All im saying is go play halo 3/halo 2 and build off that game no more reach/halo 4 stuff its nooby and does not belong in halo!!!!! Come on 343 u got the talent go back to halos roots and make it a beast game i know u guys can do it!

Do not tell me that u dont want halo to turn into cod because it stays the same who cares!!! add a few new guns game types weapons etc but keep it to the halos core why do u think cod is such a succesful franchise cause the fans know what there getting!!!!

Halo 3 Montage:

Population charts: http://halocharts.com/2013/playlists_halo4.php

Dam now those numbers tell us why we most go back to traditional gameplay cause the majority of people are disatisfied with your game!

343 GO BACK TO HALOS ROOTS OR YOUR GAME WILL FAIL AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Put the ranks in ranked playlist to and divide ranked and social!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly don't see how CoD sticking with their winning formula every time out is a mark of shame. They know what their fans want, and they deliver. But somehow that makes them inferior, while Halo overhauling the formula with each new game and shameless copying from other popular FPS games somehow qualifies as 'evolution.'

• Upvote (+1) 4

COD sticking with their "winning" forumla over and over again receives big sales every year, but also a lot of disdain from gamers. Wanna know why?

Because COD appeals to the lowest common denominator. Literally anyone can pick these games up, go online, and start fragging like nobody's business. From grown men, to children, to grown men who act like children, everyone can jump in and start getting kills and calling in airstrikes or what have you.

Halo requires practice and dedication to truly excel at.

I truly believe that Halo does need to continue to try new things, and that H4 was indeed a step in the right direction. BUT, it would be best to try and create a more classic experiance through gametypes and playlists early on, as opposed to just making everyone accept Infinity Slayer and armor mods for a few months. Halo 5 NEEDS a classic playlist on Day 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

COD sticking with their "winning" forumla over and over again receives big sales every year, but also a lot of disdain from gamers. Wanna know why?

Because COD appeals to the lowest common denominator. Literally anyone can pick these games up, go online, and start fragging like nobody's business. From grown men, to children, to grown men who act like children, everyone can jump in and start getting kills and calling in airstrikes or what have you.

I truly believe that Halo does need to continue to try new things, and that H4 was indeed a step in the right direction. BUT, it would be best to try and create a more classic experiance through gametypes and playlists early on, as opposed to just making everyone accept Infinity Slayer and armor mods for a few months. Halo 5 NEEDS a classic playlist on Day 1.

I dont understand why people say this. My friends dad has been playing Blops 2 for 6 months and still cant go .5 in multiplayer. My Girlfriend and I played Blops 2 for like 3 hours one time and she only got like 5 kills.  Its not like you can just go buy the game and go 3.0 every game unless you already understand first person shooters.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I dont understand why people say this. My friends dad has been playing Blops 2 for 6 months and still cant go .5 in multiplayer. My Girlfriend and I played Blops 2 for like 3 hours one time and she only got like 5 kills.  Its not like you can just go buy the game and go 3.0 every game unless you already understand first person shooters.

Well obviously there are exceptions to every rule. I'm talking just in general.

Of course I dont expect your grandma to grab a controller and just go to town.

Well obviously there are exceptions to every rule. I'm talking just in general.

Of course I dont expect your grandma to grab a controller and just go to town.

You said grown men twice. I said a grown man, not a grandma. Unless you were refering to my girlfriend as a grandma, in which case, you are wrong again because we dont have children. So there goes the possibility of grandchildren.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wrong.....

• Upvote (+1) 1

>Permanent sprint

>Squad sized "4v4" maps

>More armor abilities, more broken than ever

>Bloom still exists

>No descope/flinch

>Flagnum/no flag drop/ball throwing

>Perks (that make broken mechanics even more broken)

>Custom loadouts

>Personal ordnance

>Random ordnance

>No regular on-map powerups

>No camo powerup available

>Ammo count on weapons continues to decrease

>Cluttered sandbox

>Redundant playlists

>Strafe is worse than ever

>Dynamic spawns in symmetrical objective gametypes

>No bomb, no territories, no race

>Horrible HUD design

And that's just the negative changes from Reach that I can think of right now, I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Yeah, totally a step in the right direction. I'm totally the one guilty of waypoint logic here.

-I dont mind sprint.

-What's wrong with 4v4 maps?

-Camo and jetpack are OP, but other than that, they're ok by me.

-Doesnt bother me, personally.

-Yeah, flinch sucks.

-I prefer flagum over "FLAG TAKEN, FLAG DROPPED, FLAG TAKEN, FLAG DROPPED, FLAG TAKEN, FLAG DROPPED, etc."

-I like perks. And there are playlists without them, so...

-Again, I like loadouts, and again, there are playlists for that.

-Ordnance, personal or random, is in like what, 2 playlists now? I think it's time to get over it.

-This is an issue? Use the ammo perk.

-Cluttered sandbox? What does that even mean?

-Blame the community for that. But nonetheless i agree. Some consolidation is in order.

-Never been an issue for me.

-Yeah, I can see how that would be an issue. I cant recall a time when this legitimately bothered me though.

-Dont care for bomb, and we have dominion and KOTH. But Race does need to come back, i agree.

-The HUD has never been an issue for me.

I dunno. i think they did alright.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I play H3 customs almost everyday, your welcome to

come play with us, we get full lobbies pretty fast.

When i am on Halo 4 though... I dedicate most of my

time in forge to bring back that classic Halo feel.

Here is my most recent project...

Halo 2 WARLOCK:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/1850-warlock/

e3a3470d-6d8c-43a9-9645-a67daa24cc6f_zps

Add me if you want to play with us, Halo 3 Customs, H4

NS Customs all day, and soon to be Halo 2 & CE when i

get my XBC set up at my new house.

Everyone is welcome

GT: Honda Logo

there are 2 changes and one missed opportunity that 343 made that are the reason for the population drop

1. lack of descope

2. forced sprint (just played my first games of no-sprint in h4 tonight and ah mah gewrd its the most fun ive had playing halo 4 to date--abandon plays amazing)

missed opportunity - VISIBLE RANKS

in regards to NS, i honestly just gotten used to the idea of sprint in halo 4 but after tonight i dont know how much ill enjoy matchmaking halo 4. 

Well, you'd lose that bet. I've played Modern Warefare, World at War, and Modern Warefare 2.

You're taking what I said way too literally.

Im not though, you say anyone can pick up the game and get airstrikes. I said I know 2 people that picked it up and cant.  Also that means the last CoD you've played came out in 2009. Considering the BLOPS series is the competitive one, you may have to rethink that. Also Halo is just as easy to pick up and play. You can just go into BTB and drive vehicles for people or find someone 1 shot and hit him one time out of a minimum of 4 bursts. While he has to 4 shot you. 

Im not though, you say anyone can pick up the game and get airstrikes. I said I know 2 people that picked it up and cant.  Also that means the last CoD you've played came out in 2009. Considering the BLOPS series is the competitive one, you may have to rethink that. Also Halo is just as easy to pick up and play. You can just go into BTB and drive vehicles for people or find someone 1 shot and hit him one time out of a minimum of 4 bursts. While he has to 4 shot you. 

Ok.

Not everyone can pick up and play COD, but a lot of people can. There, happy?

BTW, your example is assuming the vehicle doesnt get plasma-d to death. =P

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ok.

Not everyone can pick up and play COD, but a lot of people can. There, happy?

BTW, your example is assuming the vehicle doesnt get plasma-d to death. =P

I forgot how Shit Halo 4 is. Sorry  :maven: .   Seriously though. Halo 4 is SOOOOOO bad. Thats why you cant pick up and play it. Honestly they screwed up 4v4s and BTB. I dont understand how you even end up doing that. I have like 70 days on Reach over the course of two years. This game has been out for 8 months and I only have 7 days. And 3 of those came in the first week the game was out.

inb4idiots though i agree with you, acting like an elitist douche isnt the way to go about it.

@ghidorah: things like sprint are objectively bad for halo. it doesnt matter whether you like them or not.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm not really trying to argue here (there's no point to it, at least not with you). Just stating my opinion, which is apparently an insult to the Halo Gods if it doesnt meet certain standards.

It's not like I believe everything is perfect and doesnt need improvement. I conceded on a few things, like the loss of Race and the redundant playlists. But of course you just sweeped over nearly everything with either "I dont care" or "And that's why you shouldn't be taken seriously in any Halo discussion."

I think you do care, or you would not be wasting time talking to a "343 knobslobberer" like me.

Dude you are stating you're opinion like its fact. Oh it doesn't bother me so it should stay... Oh it doesn't bother me so that means its good. Numbers don't lie. the f/ck you on son

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude you are stating you're opinion like its fact. Oh it doesn't bother me so it should stay... Oh it doesn't bother me so that means its good. Numbers don't lie. the f/ck you on son

I never said that. I just happen to be ok with the changes.

But hey, it's just easier to put words in my mouth right?

I never said that. I just happen to be ok with the changes.

But hey, it's just easier to put words in my mouth right?

Dude, I understand what you are trying to say.  Sometimes a change is good.

However, 343 failed, made the wrong changes.   What they get is a dead game for it.

*fingers crossed H5 does not follow suit*

Cause lets be honest - Since H3, its been a continual downhill.

That's true in a way, but if the bad player is constantly put into those situations, then he's more likely to get punished for doing so than the good player is.

-That's very true. I agree.

-I wouldnt say that. I thought that was ordnance's job, haha.

-The Halo community didnt need sprint to do that. It does that with anything post-Halo 3. Sometimes even post-Halo 2.

I'm aware of that, which is why I am in favor of having a classic, no sprint, no loadouts, no BS playlist.

You're comparing Halo to 9/11? Jesus.

It's just a game, guys.

then why are you on a forum for it? a forum where people are trying to get halo to be the best it can be... obviously people will be passionate about it...

• Upvote (+1) 1

People say that a lot, but I've never seen a very convincing argument for it; the most common one being that it's a "get out of jail free card."

Yes, it can be used to escape from a dangerous situation. Is that not a useful tactic that, may I remind you, is available to everyone? If an enemy player is about to be killed and sprints away, you have to the option to sprint right after him. His sprint isnt faster than yours (unless he's using the sprint mod, in which case, he's wasting a armor mod slot that could be used for something better).

People like to say that any idiot can put themselves into bad positions and just sprint away, but really, how often does this REALLY happen? I dunno about any of you, but the people I encounter tend to punish me pretty severely when I make a bad move, and sometimes, it's BECAUSE of sprint.

If people dont like it because they prefer the slower, more methodical pace of past games, that's a perfectly valid argument. But to say it ruins Halo, or that it doesnt belong is a little bit silly. I think it's silly that Spartans would not run as fast as they can when they're about to be killed, or walk at a casual pace to an objective in dire need of protection.

Now, since you guys like putting words in my mouth, lemme just say that I dont think Halo NEEDS sprint, or that it's not open to abuse. I'm just saying that I'm perfectly fine with it.

There should be playlists without it, and there should be an option to toggle it on and off for customs for people who want to play that way.

Slower- No, lol that depends more on map design and the overall game mechanics more than whether you can "sprint" or not. With a medium paced movement speed you dont need over-sized maps. Lets also remember sprint is a huge defensive crutch that makes up for mental mistakes which can also slow the game down.

More methodical- Yes, a game can be fast-paced and methodical. The generalization made by many people is that "fast-paced"= less methodical. Not true, its just those decisions have to be made quicker much like speed chess(How Ogre 2 once described comp Halo). Certain games are just more methodical than others regardless of pace.

More skill-based battles- Yes

More Arena style maps- Yes

More Competitive- Yes

Smoother game-play- Yes (No need to mash sprint 100x per game)

More logical for a medium-paced R+G shooter by design- Most definitely, yes.

Sprint is only in Halo because CoD and others have sprint, why do you think Halo 1-3 did not have sprint and suddenly its "required"? Its all about the current game trends, but the developers have to realize Halo is a different animal and does not play by the same rules.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's taking something out of the game, whereas sprint is an addition.

A better comparison would be to say that it's like being able to throw the football into the goal as opposed to not having to run it in. lol.

regardless they are both bad for a game. Do i think sprint could work in big BTB maps sure. but in four V four where every inch of the map is part of a strategy its bad

• We have a zero-tolerance policy in regards to harassment.
  • You may not threaten or attack anyone.
  • You may not demean others.
  • You may not "bait" other users into poor behavior.
  • Debates and arguments should be mature and insightful.
  • Constructive criticism is allowed - outright bashing is not.
  • Bashing of the game, developer, staff, sponsors, etc. is not allowed.

Please follow the rules sir i have forwarded this convo to Staff and it is up to them as what will happen next. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The amount of posts I just had to remove is too damn high.  Enjoy your vacations.  

OP feel free to re post in OT of GD if you would like to continue discussion.