Sign in to follow this  
FLuFFy

Who would buy this?!

1002851_489372724482026_438307924_n.jpg

I sure as hell would! If it had the original Halo 2 engine, multiplayer. OMG I WOULD DIE HAPPY!

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1002851_489372724482026_438307924_n.jpg

I sure as hell would!

That looks sick as hell. Hopefully if that ever comes out it sticks a lil more closely to the original game than H1 anniversary did.

There's no way that they could re-release halo 2 and not screw it up.

See halo 1 anniversary.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Id play it, obviously. But i never see it happening. At most we will get something similar to what we got for CE. Maybe a map pack and a playlist in the current halo title.

If it would just be some HD touch up of multiplayer...only the nostalgia kids will try it, and then they'll get mad also. It'd be hard to believe anyone would want to deal with 2004 netcode, glitches, cheaters, and modders.

BUT, if it were a 'new' game with new netcode and all that, I'd give it a try. Though turn off super bounces in matchmaking and provide a tutorial for everyone to learn what button combos are. 

If it would just be some HD touch up of multiplayer...only the nostalgia kids will try it, and then they'll get mad also. It'd be hard to believe anyone would want to deal with 2004 netcode, glitches, cheaters, and modders.

BUT, if it were a 'new' game with new netcode and all that, I'd give it a try. Though turn off super bounces in matchmaking and provide a tutorial for everyone to learn what button combos are. 

it might not be as successful as the launch in 2004, but I myself have dealt with tiny communities throwing their own tournaments and private matches/customs.

If matchmaking sucked I'm sure I could stay on Halo 2 playing customs only for years. I was probably split in halo 2 with custom matches.

Frank O'Connor said if they were to do a H2A, the button combos would either be removed or they'd do a tutorial for them so everyone would know. 

I'd love H2A, but I know 343 would somehow screw it up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would there be modders? seeing as its a completely new system.. also seeing that that game was better than any of them recently

Yeah they're not going to risk that. Do you know how embarrassing it will be if H2:A is more successful than the latest Halo title? No matter how much 343 works on H2:A, people will still consider it a Bungie accomplishment and 343 will get little credit, though they will get full credit if they mess it up. It's a loss-loss for them.

Frank O'Connor said if they were to do a H2A, the button combos would either be removed or they'd do a tutorial for them so everyone would know. 

Source? Never heard of this and you have me intrigued.

Yeah they're not going to risk that. Do you know how embarrassing it will be if H2:A is more successful than the latest Halo title? No matter how much 343 works on H2:A, people will still consider it a Bungie accomplishment and 343 will get little credit, though they will get full credit if they mess it up. It's a loss-loss for them.

It's still more money for them. Why not?

Source? Never heard of this and you have me intrigued.

Sorry, I don't have a link available. I just remember reading it 3 or so months ago off Reddit I believe, I think it was at the time of H2A rumours spreading around and he came on to squash said rumours and someone asked him about button combos and he said that *IF* H2A were to be made, he didn't want the original button glitches in the game, they'd either be patched over or have a tutorial on how to do them all so no players would be at a disadvantage. 

Hopefully someone else can find the post that I'm referring to, apologies. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Embarrassing? 343 is in business to make money, not compete with Bungie's old games. How is listening to fans and returning to a classic feel embarassing for them. Besides, they could improve it with better graphics, netcode, smaller snipe hitboxes, etc. They could even add some of the H4 weapons we have grown to like in (sticky det for example) if they balanced it correctly.

two things.

1.  They will not do this.

2. If they do, you will all realise that Halo 2 was not as great as you try to convince yourselves.

two things.

1.  They will not do this.

2. If they do, you will all realise that Halo 2 was not as great as you try to convince yourselves.

You are the most subtle troll ever.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You are the most subtle troll ever.

He's true, though. Yes, Halo 2 was great, the ranking system was good but a lot of the love Halo 2 gets is part nostalgia as most of us grew up or played H2 as a kid/teenager and it also seems Godly when comparing it to H3/HR +H4.

It still strayed away from the depth that CE had, nading weapons and powerups from their spawns, the 4sk BR from the 3sk pistol, more auto aim in H2 etc.

I would love H2A, I would lose any life I gained since the H2 days.

Although if they did they would most likely do like they did with Halo:CE Anniversary  and remake Halo 2 maps for Halo 4.