Worse population than Team Throwdown currently.. If only we had BR/AR starts in the playlist...  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Worse population than Team Throwdown currently.. If only we had BR/AR starts in the playlist...  :walshy:

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they retired it soon. 

The BR is everywhere though, I like the idea of Carbine or LR starts. 

They trained everyone to rely on their armor abilities and delivered free power weapons and then put up a bunch of playlists that take it all away. I dont know what anyone thought was going to happen. The worst part is, they painted themselves into a corner and now future halo games won't feel fun to the current population without that crap. They made bad fans who will now want another bad halo game.

On top of that, good people hate AR starts and bad people hate getting dominated by people with better weapons than them. It was a recipe for disaster to begin with. AR start Halo TS is is nostalgia-vision for a lot of people i think. Honestly it was never fun to me.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They trained everyone to rely on their armor abilities and delivered free power weapons and then put up a bunch of playlists that take it all away. I dont know what anyone thought was going to happen. The worst part is, they painted themselves into a corner and now future halo games won't feel fun to the current population without that crap. They made bad fans who will now want another bad halo game.

On top of that, good people hate AR starts and bad people hate getting dominated by people with better weapons than them. It was a recipe for disaster to begin with. AR start Halo TS is is nostalgia-vision for a lot of people i think. Honestly it was never fun to me.

I honestly think the problem is the AR starts. A LOT of people wanted Throwdown but with radar enabled and haven't gotten it yet. Legendary has the AR Starts, and Slayer pro has no radar. I know I prefer to just go infinity if I don't feel like going into throwdown alone and try to get slayer pro instead of going in the LS. Even a pistol secondary would make it 10x better imo, even with the bloom. (Though it's preferred without)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone who would have enjoyed this playlist stopped playing the game. If this type of Team Slayer is the default slayer gametype on launch it will have the most people playing.

When the majority of Halo players stopped playing all that was left was the small percent that actually deals with infinity settings and now that's what they're used to.

On the other hand, I've actually liked it the couple times I've played in the last month. It feels like when I used to take a break from customs in H3 and chill in doubles or slayer. It has a complete lack of AA's and ordnance. Something I can't say about v4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually like it. It only has a low population because the only people still playing are competitive players who would rather play throwdown, and the small population of casual players who actually like infinity settings.

I've been trying to work on it here. Would be nice if more people were actively trying to help/test/leave feedback improve Legendary Slayer to make it something passable for the Team Slayer of old.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been trying to work on it here. Would be nice if more people were actively trying to help/test/leave feedback improve Legendary Slayer to make it something passable for the Team Slayer of old.

The problem is it's all dependent on Bravo & Quinn listening to the feedback and changing it, which we don't know if they will.. Unless of course you know if they've replied to your thread or not

The only things I can think of are No sprint, Descoping, and maybe an occasional BR starts voting option. They took out loadouts, AA's, and ordnance and put weapons on map like they should be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm that one guy who actually enjoys Legendary Slayer apparently  :ninja: . Although a no-bloom pistol secondary would make it infinitely better and the occasional BR start would be nice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Legendary Slayer has been a disappointment in my opinion. 343 made it seem like it was going to be a lot better than it actually is. I would have rather seen a Classic playlist similar to the one in reach, no sprint, Br/Ar starts etc... Halo 3esk style of gameplay. Once again its a case of 343 being close but not close enough. Hopefully they take feedback from players, make improvements and not just scrap the playlist.

The problem is it's all dependent on Bravo & Quinn listening to the feedback and changing it, which we don't know if they will.. Unless of course you know if they've replied to your thread or not

I haven't spread the thread much because it's not tested. I don't want to get their attention with an unfinished product.

The only things I can think of are No sprint, Descoping, and maybe an occasional BR starts voting option. They took out loadouts, AA's, and ordnance and put weapons on map like they should be.

No sprint and descoping aren't available options to us, so asking for them to be in this playlist is a waste of time... as far as a BR start option, that's what I'm promoting.

I haven't spread the thread much because it's not tested. I don't want to get their attention with an unfinished product.

No sprint and descoping aren't available options to us, so asking for them to be in this playlist is a waste of time... as far as a BR start option, that's what I'm promoting.

If you need someone for BR starts customs and you have all weapon spawns and such set up send me an inv =P

If you need someone for BR starts customs and you have all weapon spawns and such set up send me an inv =P

Well that leaves 6 more. :P

I'm that one guy who actually enjoys Legendary Slayer apparently  :ninja: . Although a no-bloom pistol secondary would make it infinitely better and the occasional BR start would be nice.

I enjoy the playlist also, but probably because I know where every BR spawns and take advantage of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Legendary Slayer should be deleted as a playlist, instead, the infinity slayer playlist should become a Team Slayer playlist in which there are always these 3 options: Infinity Slayer, Slayer Pro and Legendary Slayer/Legendary BRs. And they should really scrap some of the other playlists as well (merge regicide with rumble pit, big team skirmish and big team infinity slayer to merge and become big team battle, etc.).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Legendary Slayer should be deleted as a playlist, instead, the infinity slayer playlist should become a Team Slayer playlist in which there are always these 3 options: Infinity Slayer, Slayer Pro and Legendary Slayer/Legendary BRs. And they should really scrap some of the other playlists as well (merge regicide with rumble pit, big team skirmish and big team infinity slayer to merge and become big team battle, etc.).

The waypoint kids would rage. Half of them want Slayer Pro to be removed from the Infinity Slayer playlist because "omg I don't like pro I want my personal ordnance and armor abilities."

As a casual player, I hate playing slayer game types with no radar. Not all of us have Astros on while playing. (swat no radar is fine though)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been seeing LS with 600-700 players, that's still more than TTD which gets 400-500.

• Upvote (+1) 1

AR starts is quite frankly pathetic and should have simply never have existed in H3, Reach or H4. It's a total joke.

Also - THIS IS 100% PROOF THAT PEOPLE LOVE AA'S AND RANDOM WEAPON DROPS SO WE NEED TO KEEP THEM IN H5!!11!!!11!!

I joke, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if that's how the 'professionals' over at 343i see it.

I actually like the playlist, its a step up from infinity slayer. Sure-- it doesn't please the purely casual OR the purely competitive, it never was supposed to, its filling the niche in between. As for your comment TTD having more population, I've never seen it drop below TTD, must be a rare occurence. If you consider Legendary a failure based on population, you have to consider TTD a failure - which its not. I agree with the person that said that if this was a playlist on release, there'd be a lot of people playing it. but those people stopped playing, and now there's a limited population left that is stretched between the several playlists.

As for Katastrophe's LGD version, it's very good, but I don't think Bravo will just scrap his version for it. It's not aiming to improve the current playlist, but replace it. It'd be better if he just picked the same maps that Bravo picked and improve the weapons on map. Then push for the unique AA pick up on each map. Bravo has been known to read/take feedback from community forums, but I think he wants to build on the current settings instead of start new.

• Upvote (+1) 1