RatherSilentMr

Splitgate Discussion

On 8/18/2021 at 5:10 PM, Shekkles said:

Fantastic video. The more I play the game the more I realise that I won't be playing it in a months time. The game is at it's best when the portals are not in use and is at it's worst when the game devolves into cat-and-mouse with little skill involved. His point about Risk Assessment vs Risk prediction is spot on.

Ya...

The video really makes a good point about how the map design becomes irrelevant. Anyone can make any map at all with no thought of pathing, since the players can make their own.

Now think about the game PORTAL itself. The portals were used to navigate the map to get through it like a puzzle. If they could do the same thing with Splitgate, then it doesn't break the map's pathing, it actually is part of the map's intended pathing. But then it isn't a shooter any longer is it?

I will say that the shooting seems more buttery smooth and I do enjoy it.

I was so hyped when I first stated playing this game but I just feel the portals ruin it. It doesn't feel skillful trying to outangle people with portals and in ranked you virtually only play domination and King of the hill. In most hill games people dive bomb the hill spamming the pistol and in domination you seem to be able to portal from A to C without moving. It's a shame cos the gunplay is SO good. Carbine is awesome. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

On 8/27/2021 at 5:39 PM, Stephander said:

I was so hyped when I first stated playing this game but I just feel the portals ruin it. It doesn't feel skillful trying to outangle people with portals and in ranked you virtually only play domination and King of the hill. In most hill games people dive bomb the hill spamming the pistol and in domination you seem to be able to portal from A to C without moving. It's a shame cos the gunplay is SO good. Carbine is awesome. 

Same. I'm over it already. The 3v3 game mode started out as super fun for me but now the 1v1's degenerate into portal-hopping cat-and-mouse with no end. 2 stars. If you legitimately removed portals from the game it would be better for me. But the portals just murder any map advantage or disadvantage.

Idk man I want to like this game. It does so many things right. High movement speed and aiming skill gap. Interesting map design. Lots of cool gamemodes like takedown. There's a lot to like here. But the bad and the ugly are just really ugly this time around.

The fact that portals are not on a cooldown, but you only spawn wit two anti-portal nades that can't be recovered seems like a massive oversight.

Limit the amount of portal walls, put the portals on a cooldown, maybe even make it take longer to build a portal that's very far away. Don't let people only see and shoot through their own portals, it's fucking stupid. Apparently it's a engine limitation that they can't make all portals see-through? Then make them all opaque.

AR is a joke. Shotgun is a joke. BFB is a joke. Make more skillful weapons rather that copy and paste Halo's flawed nonsense.

The game feels a lot like Titanfall and H4. It's fun for a while and as long as you're stomping bots it's fun. But as soon as you match decent opponents (pretty sure there's hidden MMR btw) it's a complete disaster.