Sign in to follow this  
dbratinw

Disk Usage 100% while playing games- Windows 10

I've been having this issue lately, and I am baffled on why it occurs. When playing games, my HDD jumps to 100% but it also happens to my SSD  if the game is downloaded there. Makes it impossible to game. Game freezes, System freezes, game sound bugged etc. I have this problem for half a year now. The problem usually lasts for 2-3 days then disappears magically. But the problem always reoccurred after couple of weeks.

https://appuals.com/high-disk-usage-issue-when-playing-games-on-windows-10/

Can anyone help me to solve the problem?

Thanks

On 10/14/2020 at 11:01 AM, dbratinw said:

I've been having this issue lately, and I am baffled on why it occurs. When playing games, my HDD jumps to 100% but it also happens to my SSD  if the game is downloaded there. Makes it impossible to game. Game freezes, System freezes, game sound bugged etc. I have this problem for half a year now. The problem usually lasts for 2-3 days then disappears magically. But the problem always reoccurred after couple of weeks.

https://appuals.com/high-disk-usage-issue-when-playing-games-on-windows-10/

Can anyone help me to solve the problem?

Thanks

I had something similiar occur and it was caused by insufficient ram.

Even if it looks like you have ram left, windows tries to make up for this by increasing its paging file to obscene amounts. I think my paging file was 16gb when I only had 8 GB Ram, and whenver I ran out of ram my SSD was constantly at 100% and I kept getting freezes. If i made the paging file smaller, every time i had too many programs open for my ram the last pogram just crashed instead of freezing.

Maybe this will help you