Sign in to follow this  
francisbaud

Crowfall

For those who don't know about this game, it's best described as "Game of Thrones meets EVE Online", EVE being one of the most strategic virtual world ever developed. So it's all about politics, conquest, city building, player-driven economy, crafting and a couple other things. It should launch in a few months and now it's in Beta. This video shows the in-game world: 

Sounds like something you'd have to make your main game. It's good to have long lasting, in depth GMs in MMO RPGs but with how RuneScape and WOW have caught traction again and still have a decent hold on the fantasy side of the genre, what does this game offer that those already don't that would be enough of a major selling point to sway existing and loyal fans? I honestly have never played any MMO so its a question of genuine interest coming from how competitive FPS games are for player retention. :) 

• Like (+1) 1

The campaign experience in Crowfall is pretty different than what we've got in games like WoW or RuneScape. The goal of the players when joining a campaign is to defeat the other players and amass enough victory points to be victorious. Victory points can be earned during PvP (defending or capturing forts), quests from the gods or economic activities like crafting. The Victor can export the spoils of war and bring some of it in the next campaign. 

That does sound different enough. So you can just join existing campaigns as server based sessions from a social space, over world or menu then? Seems varied enough but if you had a strong clan, might be a bit one sided especially if you can join in solo half way through an existing campaign.

Like, I enjoy the thought of the concept, are there any videos that actually break the meta down and explain how exploits would be handled in large scale sessions?

Yea when the player population is going to increase the goal is to have a bunch of campaigns running at the same time that players can join. When campaigns end others are created. They all have different types of rules, for example is it faction or guild-based, what races or class are allowed, etc. I think there's no restrictions on when player can join a campaign but I'm not sure about it.

There are many videos showing large-scale engagements on Youtube but I don't recall watching a video with what you refer to exactly.

• Thonking (+0) 1