Uninterpretable

Shooting out of sprint...

Play H1 or H2 then H4 and then tell me sprint is a logical and good game mechanic for Halo. I dont give a fuck if knowing when and not to sprint is a "skill", (HARDLY in Halo), so is knowing when to AL on Countdown, how to "pace" your DMR so bloom does not fuck you, and knowing when and when not to jet-pack. Does that tiny tactical skill make those mechanics any more acceptable in a competitive environment and outweigh their negatives?

I will tell what is Halo skill. Knowing when and not to challenge made much less significant at medium-long range when you can just bail out at the first sign of trouble. Knowing how to control power positions on maps, predicting enemy movement, moving together as a coordinated team so the game is just not a frantic race to one-shot enemies, and balanced combat where "RUN" is not always the best option when losing a battle. All of these "Halo skills" are made significantly dumber by sprint, and the maps are made over-sized and thus more campy to accommodate this unnecessary mechanic, requiring me to mash my sprint button x100 times per game like IM PLAYING CoD ruining all previous flow and pacing that Halo once had.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What is hard to understand is that for what I read in competitive forums and the results of several polls all indicate that the large majority, (over 75% of the competitive community), are for removing sprint why isn't done.

I stopped playing halo 2 -3 months ago hopping that during that time sprint would be removed. For what I can see my hopes are diminishing quite fast.  

I really just want to have a definitive answer to this sprint/no sprint, irks me that the people in charge of settings can't come say yes sprint will be removed or not. Why do they have to make it into this big mystery, secret and confabulation of what is in the plans?

IMO it's easy to deal with the true than with the ambiguity that exist now. I feel that we are like mushrooms, in the dark and getting BS for food. 

As far as I'm concerned I'm giving it a few more weeks and if sprint stays I will completely stop following and supporting  halo and will find different pastime.

grammar edition

What is hard to understand is that for what I read in competitive forums and the results of several polls all indicate that the large majority, (over 75% of the competitive community), are for removing sprint why isn't done.

I stopped playing halo 2 -3 months ago hopping that during that time sprint would be removed. For what I can see my hopes are diminishing quite fast.  

I really just want to have a definitive answer to this sprint/no sprint, irks me that the people in charge of settings can't come say yes sprint will be removed or not. Why do they have to make it into this big mystery, secret and confabulation of what is in the plans?

IMO it's easy to deal with the true than with the ambiguity that exist now. I feel that we are like mushrooms, in the dark and getting BS for food. 

As far as I'm concerned I'm giving it a few more weeks and if sprint stays I will completely stop following and supporting  halo and will find different pastime.

grammar edition

IMO the best move is to simply remove sprint and then fix any issues that arise. I feel like the people in charge don't want to piss off 343 or cause balance problems, but the only way to solve those problems is to give no-sprint to the masses so that the new gameplay gets massively tested and 343 is forced to acknowledge the playerbase to whatever extent.

IMO the best move is to simply remove sprint and then fix any issues that arise. I feel like the people in charge don't want to piss off 343 or cause balance problems, but the only way to solve those problems is to give no-sprint to the masses so that the new gameplay gets massively tested and 343 is forced to acknowledge the playerbase to whatever extent.

Yes. This please.

The purpose of the delay is to punish you for sprinting foolishly. It's a give and take.

You run faster at the cost of not being able to shoot.

At least that's how I view it.

Exactly how I see it. It doesn't need to go. It's good in my opinion.

I feel like the people in charge don't want to piss off 343 or cause balance problems,

I have had my own successful business for 25 years and growing, I guess video games is the antithesis of the business model that you have to make your customers happy instead of customers making the services provider happy. If I would run my veterinary hospital with the same 343 standards I would be bankrupt in a few months, just like halo 4 went from hundreds of thousand to 30 - 35 thousand players on MM.

Halo 4 is bankrupt.

• Upvote (+1) 2