CyReN

HCS Halo Infinite 2021 Teams, Seeds and Discussion Thread

Apparently eUnited refuses to scrim Sentinels due to "personal reasons" - Snakebite's stream. anyone know the reasons? 

5 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

Another reamis alt. 

Nobody likes feeling weak in a shooter (it's why CS/CoD/Valorant/etc... thrive while halo's been dead since reach), and this is the starting gun in Halo infinite: https://streamable.com/mb922x

It's 2021 & halo needs to evolve. 

I mean the BR is slow but that clip just demonstrates the recoil does it not? You can literally see the reticle jumping above the target.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Mow said:

I mean the BR is slow but that clip just demonstrates the recoil does it not? You can literally see the reticle jumping above the target.

The clip demonstrates that the BR doesn't shoot straight on top of having a slow TTK. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

The clip demonstrates that the BR doesn't shoot straight on top of having a slow TTK. 

Doesn't shoot straight past a certain range* 

Don't get me wrong, I would definitely increase the TTK on the BR if I had the power to, but I don't think that clip in particular really says anything other than "the BR has recoil that comes into effect at long range" and I could easily show you much more egregious things that happen in CSGO and Valorant at much closer ranges, and I'm not talking about just holding down the trigger on an AK.

24 minutes ago, Mow said:

I could easily show you much more egregious things that happen in CSGO and Valorant at much closer ranges, and I'm not talking about just holding down the trigger on an AK.

Apples and oranges - the TTKs are so fast in CS/valorant that holding down the trigger is something that should be punished when you have the potential to execute a 1hk. Doesn't really translate to Halo. 

I'd also argue that the distance where bullets stopped shooting straight in the video is hardly long range. Feels a lot like the range at which the H3 BR's bullets would spread, which I think we can agree was far too short. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

ngl ive been posting in the old thread like an idiot all weekend wondering where the new one was gonna be lmfao

also it is sacrilege that we're nearly 10 pages into a new thread and there hasnt been an emma gif yet

• Simms (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Aphex Twin said:

Apples and oranges - the TTKs are so fast in CS/valorant that holding down the trigger is something that should be punished when you have the potential to execute a 1hk. Doesn't really translate to Halo. 

I'd also argue that the distance where bullets stopped shooting straight in the video is hardly long range. Feels a lot like the range at which the H3 BR's bullets would spread, which I think we can agree was far too short. 

I was talking more so about tap firing not being 100% accurate, specifically with the AK in GSGO, sorry if I worded it badly. You can test this pretty easily for yourself by loading up a bot match in CS and then trying to 1 tap as many bots as fast as you can, you'll very quickly see that bullets that should hit will frequently miss even when your reticle is directly on their head. IMO that is faaar worse than the tiny bit of recoil that the Infinite BR has at long range.

As for whether this can be clasified as "long range" or not I would say that if the player in the clip simply scoped in they would have gotten a pretty easy 4 shot kill. Also I would say that the argument you made about CSGO's TTK potentially makes things even worse, just imagine 2 players looking at each other and shooting with perfect reticle placement but the player that shot first misses due to RNG spread whilst the player who shot late gets the kill all because of the RNG spread on the gun, I mean that's the entire reason why we hated bloom in Reach in the first place right? Except in CSGO you can die in 1 headshot. That just makes the whole thing that much worse. 

I still stand by my point that all this clip really shows is that when hipfiring a target from long range a miniscule amount of recoil makes you miss shots. That's a far cry from anything that can be considered "RNG" or "bad design" especially when games like CSGO have much worse offences built into the game and are yet still considered a gold standard for competitive esports.

With all that said there's still a very valid point to be made about the TTK of the Infinite BR and how that encourages a teamshot meta, I have no qualms about that claim, just specifically the clip presented isn't all that convincing of why the game is "bad". If we want to prove otherwise, we could and should do better.

34 minutes ago, Mow said:

With all that said there's still a very valid point to be made about the TTK of the Infinite BR and how that encourages a teamshot meta, I have no qualms about that claim, just specifically the clip presented isn't all that convincing of why the game is "bad".

Agree to disagree. The video demonstrates that an already slow 4sk becomes a 10sk when at, what I would call, a reasonable amount of distance, despite aiming directly at the head because the gun doesn't shoot straight. I think this is sufficient in illustrating how individuals are powerless in Halo infinite vs other popular FPS games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Agree to disagree.

Fair enough. I guess I just diagree that this is a good example of poor sandbox design in Infinite (minus the TTK). Now show me a clip of the dogshit that is the current Commando balance and we'll have a totally different conversation on our hands.

So do we now which team is picking up Snipedown yet? That should be interesting. I saw he was scrimming against C9 earlier but not who he was playing with. 

Also, CoD pros seem to love this game. 

9 minutes ago, NAK said:

So do we now which team is picking up Snipedown yet? That should be interesting. I saw he was scrimming against C9 earlier but not who he was playing with. 

think he’s gonna be on faze

39 minutes ago, NAK said:

Given Formal's on SSG, I'd guess Snipe's confirmed to be on Faze.

9 minutes ago, Zavehi said:

Are we back?

Yeah at least for a season we've got plenty of money and an alright 4v4 Halo to play. Personally I'm much happier with this game than I was Halo 4 or 5 and I'm not saying that because its like a honeymoon period or anything. Its just a standard competitive 4v4 game and if you liked what we've been mostly doing since 2004 this is it for competitive Halo

The biggest realistic need for this game would be a lockout/guardian style oddball map and a couple of 2 sniper ctf/slayer maps because we've already got the 2 base ctf/slayer BR map and we've got plenty of stronghold options. Oddball seems alright on the asyms too that we did get but its not really the flavor of oddball that people usually liked and they're more like lockdown ball from H3 or midship ball than they are the lockout/guardian style maps

• Like (+1) 1

I have to say, this weekend surprised me and i now realise i was wrong about some things that i was unhappy with / wound me up. I enjoyed watching this weekends games and got more hyped then i have for years watching comp halo! I have  been watching comp cod for the last couple years because i got abit worn out on comp halo and i now realise how much better of a spectator experience halo can be. 

Equipment

when it was first announced i was glad that things like grapple and repulser were a map pickup and hoping they would be removed for HCS. I was pissed when i saw they were in arena and i have not been utilising them in my games out of spite and stubborness.

This weekend has now shown me i was wrong on this and how they make for some insane movement and plays adding a whole new dynamic to competitive play. Huge grapple plays, repulser jumps, i don't even mind thrust now it is a limited map pickup and not a main ability. 

I mean the ola play to repulser the guy and ball off the map was INSANE and shows the potential when in the right hands. People using grapple to pickup powerups and move flags. I really need to start using this stuff in my games and get better with them. 

Oddball

The changes to this move have really breathed new life into it. I was upset, as many were, when i heard that oddball was now a round based mode, i though it was a stupid change and they did it just for the sake of change. 

Playing my games i had already decided i didn't hate it, i still didn't fully understand the change but it wasn't repulsive anymore. After watching this weekend, i think its a great change. It adds a new element to a gamemode that could sometimes be abit dull to watch, especially if one team got a god setup it could become a chore to watch.

The rounds add abit of flavour, stop one team from getting the optimal setup and running it all game. You get abit of extra hype if both team take a round each and you get the tiebreaker round. If one team dominates early you have comeback potential by the game resetting and potential tactical and opening strat changes by teams depending on what worked last round and what didn't. Love it. 

Also the change where the clock stops when the ball is scoring is excellent and can create some great comebacks, such as optics comeback. Unreal.

Weapon variety

I also loved how much weapon variety there was, so many weapons worth picking up that i have barely even bothered with so far. Adds more flavour to the viewing experience rather then always just BR fight and the odd power weapon. 

Although, i do still feel the shotgun is missed and should still hold a place in the sandbox and think it should make a return at some point. A new utility would be nice aswell, but i don't mind the br despite its obvious gameplay flaws. 

Maps

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, but i don't mind some of the maps in this game, i actually think recharge could be one of 343's better maps. Would be even better with a jump height and movement speed that negates clamber, but that will never happen realistically. 

Aquarius is a map that i also really like, i found it really enjoyable to watch and enjoy playing. Live fire is a map i also enjoy playing and watching, prob the 2nd best map. I dont particularly like playing streets and didn't like the map, but i have to say that i really enjoyed watching it this weekend. I can't put my finger on why exactly, but it makes an interesting spectator experience. 

Bazaar, fuck bazaar. That is all. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If they wanna keep Bazaar as a map, I reckon the only way they save it is to possibly have it as a map for Neutral Assault. That’s the only way I see the map working as a comp one.

16 hours ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

ngl ive been posting in the old thread like an idiot all weekend wondering where the new one was gonna be lmfao

also it is sacrilege that we're nearly 10 pages into a new thread and there hasnt been an emma gif yet

We can fix that very quick.

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Aphex Twin said:

Is it slow because it's not as fast as the 3sk.

Or is it perfect for allowing enough time for strafe meta and yet still keeping an aiming skill gap with the 3 shot burst.

• WutFace (+0) 1

57 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

Is it slow because it's not as fast as the 3sk.

Oh hey toast.

It's slow because the RoF is slow. Doesn't need to be a 3sk to speed up the TTK, you can keep it a 4sk and just make the gun shoot faster.

You get that 3sk/4sk is not a TTK, right? Or are you still struggling with this concept? 

Edit - maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it sounds like you're liking halo infinite? I knew H3 kids would like this game. 

• Fire (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

All I'm saying is that thinking the TTK is too slow is opinion.

It's a fact that slower TTKs mean I can be way out of position & not get punished for it because your BR can't kill me before I sprint back to safety.

Long TTKs reward slower reaction times, allow players to get away with bad decision making, and shrinks the skill gap. That's not an opinion. 

If you prefer halo games with smaller skill gaps, then just say it. 

• Fire (+1) 1