CyReN

HCS Halo Infinite 2021 Teams, Seeds and Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:

Which are the top teams that refuse to scrim with them? Optic worked out their issues and are scheduled for next week. SSG and Faze have both scrimmed them. So just eUnited and C9? C9 is kinda weird so I’m not that surprised.

For the record though, I don’t agree with the mentality that if teams aren’t willing to scrim them for competitive reasons that it’s “scummy” or “cowardly”. Scrims are PRACTICE. If a team feels that a scrim will help their opponent more than themselves through giving away strats or just giving their opponent experience playing against them, there is no reason they should feel obligated to scrim that team. Like any other sport a team’s practice should make it more likely for them to win a championship, not the other way around.

I guess let's wait and see how they do throughout the year? It's just online tourneys right, lan supposed to be different.

6 minutes ago, Bloodshot1990 said:

Infinite is if Halo 2 and 3 had a baby and shot it up with steroids. It's a solid Halo game. Just because it's not CE does not mean it's not a solid entry 

idk to me it feels like a mix of 3, reach, and 4. but its easily the most fun i've had out the gate since 3

2 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

...and gave it sprint, clamber, bloom, recoil, glint, longer TTKs, no button combos, etc...

It's the worst parts of Halo 3 + a dash of reach.

Game plays fine with all these things. It's not like R, 4, and 5 and you know it. It's actually working and I can't believe it either but the game is good and feels like Halo. The other 3 did not

• Downvote (-1) 5

Just now, Commander Eagle said:

Oof lag out during GF. Not a good look 343 needs to get that kinda shit cleaned up.

I'm sure they're gonna start addressing it tomorrow, it was thanksgiving this week after all 

1 minute ago, Bloodshot1990 said:

Game plays fine with all these things. It's not like R, 4, and 5 and you know it. It's actually working and I can't believe it either but the game is good and feels like Halo. The other 3 did not

reach felt like halo, the bloom was excessive and lol armor lock but the NSNB gametypes were great

• WutFace (+0) 1

2 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

reach felt like halo, the bloom was excessive and lol armor lock but the NSNB gametypes were great

Nah. I didnt like the way NBNS felt either and all the maps were poo poo. Infinite feels like a true successor to H3. I love it. 

I just hope we get some Asym platform maps like lockout. Something 343 seems to not think about enough 

• Downvote (-1) 2

7 minutes ago, Bloodshot1990 said:

the game is good and feels like Halo.

Everyone here said the same about Halo 5 up until the honeymoon phase passed. You'll see the same thing happen with any Halo game that has slow TTKs + get out of jail free abilities. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Just now, Aphex Twin said:

Everyone here said the same about Halo 5 up until the honeymoon phase passed. You'll see the same thing happen with any Halo game that has slow TTKs + get out of jail free abilities. 

NOBODY said Halo 5 felt like Halo. NOTHING about that game, from the aesthetics to the gameplay, felt like Halo. Just stop

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

H5 felt like a remix of Halo.  Like a cousin or something.  You could see that it's Halo, but it was obviously a much different feel than the original Trilogy.  

Infinite really does feel like a modern version of Halo.  

6 minutes ago, Bloodshot1990 said:

NOBODY said Halo 5 felt like Halo. 

Lol yeah you must not have been here when H5 first released. You can go back through old posts on this site if you'd like. 

• Like (+1) 3

Game is full of problems, don't kid your self. Nobody will play this if they don't resolve the problems. It's frustrating to play.  Yes it can be also fun and as a starting point, it's miles ahead of Reach, 4/5, but if they fall asleep thinking they have done it, they will have rough awakening.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

OMFG the Red and Blue streams 343 mentioned in their Roadmap article better be the quad views that UGC had on their red and blue streams because I'm going to cry if this busted observer mode is my only viewing option. I actually like the game on the whole (even if there are plenty of things I don't like about it I still find ranked fun) but I cannot comprehend how the observer mode STILL has an unsync'd reticule and the rest of the UI got downgraded.

Like, I'm so patient with them regarding things like their stream UI covering up the top of the kill feed (that's what it is right, surely it's not the observer mode being so bad the killfeed drops in and out?), but this is just one issue I cannot get over as a viewer.

My friend who's an avid PC FPS fan tuned in for a match in early H5 and never watched again because he thought the game was so forgiving it let you get headshots when shooting next to someone's head and I cannot imagine that there aren't new viewers for this game doing the same thing (only this time thinking that the game is giving controller players ungodly magnetism that mouse players don't get).

• Upvote (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Noodle said:

OMFG the Red and Blue streams 343 mentioned in their Roadmap article better be the quad views that UGC had on their red and blue streams because I'm going to cry if this busted observer mode is my only viewing option. I actually like the game on the whole (even if there are plenty of things I don't like about it I still find ranked fun) but I cannot comprehend how the observer mode STILL has an unsync'd reticule and the rest of the UI got downgraded.

Like, I'm so patient with them regarding things like their stream UI covering up the top of the kill feed (that's what it is right, surely it's not the observer mode being so bad the killfeed drops in and out?), but this is just one issue I cannot get over as a viewer.

My friend who's an avid PC FPS fan tuned in for a match in early H5 and never watched again because he thought the game was so forgiving it let you get headshots when shooting next to someone's head and I cannot imagine that there aren't new viewers for this game doing the same thing (only this time thinking that the game is giving controller players ungodly magnetism that mouse players don't get).

I think the issues are probably all latency. Its probably tough to have a true spectator mode that's purely online, I bet the spectating on LAN is going to be way better (i hope anyway...)

sorry for the double post but GOOD on C9 for actually taking a game from Optic. hoping for a reverse sweep but lets see, it is kinda looking like optic is the better team, but C9 can definitely keep up 

2 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

I think the issues are probably all latency. Its probably tough to have a true spectator mode that's purely online, I bet the spectating on LAN is going to be way better (i hope anyway...)

This is one of the few things where I will say "I don't care how tough it is, 343 needs to do better" without patience for the issue being resolved. Other FPS games don't have this problem, it's not excusable for Infinite to have this problem after having it in H5, whether this is a "beta" or not.

5 minutes ago, soFireFly said:

if they use spectator instead of just direct feeds that would be so bad 

Just now, Noodle said:

This is one of the few things where I will say "I don't care how tough it is, 343 needs to do better" without patience for the issue being resolved. Other FPS games don't have this problem, it's not excusable for Infinite to have this problem after having it in H5, whether this is a "beta" or not.

Did they ever fix it for h5? and i'm not sure but is this a thing in CoD too or nah? 

Just now, soFireFly said:

Did they ever fix it for h5? and i'm not sure but is this a thing in CoD too or nah? 

i think they tried to patch it a couple times but it didnt really fix anything, so they pretty much gave up

Edit: idk about CoD tho

1 minute ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

i think they tried to patch it a couple times but it didnt really fix anything, so they pretty much gave up

Edit: idk about CoD tho

Thats what I'm thinking is the issue, like for example I'm thinking we're seeing players aim at where the head is on *their* screens, but that's different from what the spectator sees. idk if thats even fixable 

Just now, soFireFly said:

They never fixed it for H5. And whether or not CoD has had this problem, I've never seen this issue in CSGO, VALORANT, TF2, OW, Warface, Crossfire, or Sudden Attack 2. If Infinite's observer mode has a reticule sync problem then it's not the norm and should not be tolerated whether a few other games have this issue or not.

Good show from Optic, definitely starting to seal themselves as the best team in the game but I'm still hesitant to give anyone that title until Raleigh