CyReN

HCS Halo Infinite 2021 Teams, Seeds and Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Bloodshot1990 said:

They're obviously in their heads. Losing after not dropping a game til finals last weekend and getting SHIT on game 5. Going up against Optic again tonight probably had them nervous, and now they're on full tilt. 

Add on top of that these are H5 pros playing a real Halo game now. 

i doubt they're nervous about playing optic again, i'm sure on their side all they wanna do is play optic to get better. I guess i just have the perception that they should be better than pioneers, but Pioneers may have just been putting in a harder grind

3 minutes ago, Bloodshot1990 said:

I know they're too scared to fight with light gloves, kicking, and actual martial arts. lol

why would they, they have a better chance at leaving the sport healthy and make a ton more money in boxing

and as someone who has boxed for a long time, its easy to say shit like that when you've never been in the squared circle lmao

1 minute ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

why would they, they have a better chance at leaving the sport healthy and make a ton more money in boxing

and as someone who has boxed for a long time, its easy to say shit like that when you've never been in the squared circle lmao

Well I've been in the cage, so step up. lmao. Have fun with your fist pillows. 

Why can't Sentinels get scrims? That's all they complain about but I don't think i've seen a reason listed as to why they can't get scrims. 

1 minute ago, soFireFly said:

Okay C9 coming back together. I really wish we could hear their coms but again, i get why we can't

Maybe Pioneers are also better than we're giving them credit for. Even if they lose this series, its makes Raleigh that much more fascinating 

• Upvote (+1) 1

alright looks like C9 didn't completely self destruct, so good for them. lets see if they can do to optic what they did to c9 last week. 

10 minutes ago, Frostbite XV2 said:

Maybe Pioneers are also better than we're giving them credit for. Even if they lose this series, its makes Raleigh that much more fascinating 

yo Soul Snipe is actually a god in the making, i actually expect him to show up at Raleigh

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, soFireFly said:

alright looks like C9 didn't completely self destruct, so good for them. lets see if they can do to optic what they did to c9 last week. 

yo Soul Snipe is actually a god in the making, i actually expect him to show up at Raleigh

If they do a reverse of last week I will freak out. 

Just now, Bloodshot1990 said:

If they do a reverse of last week I will freak out. 

I 100% think they have the potential to do it but they keep falling apart mentally against better teams so lets see what happens

2 hours ago, Bloodshot1990 said:

All that matters is the main streams on YT and twitch. Swing and a miss thanks to the Halo community being knuckle draggers on controllers. If it makes 50k tonight then I'm wrong. If not I'm right. PC players were the ones to win over and the Halo community said "success? NAHHHH!"

Holy shit, been gone for two years, come back and we still have people posting ignorant things in the threads,

Anyway, really glad to see Ola on what appears to be a very solid team so far. I'm a bit surprised that Sentinels are struggling as they are. Interesting given Halo 5 having such a run of dominance, but this game is so much different. HCS popping off, HI is great, off to a really good start.

1 minute ago, AArkham said:

Holy shit, been gone for two years, come back and we still have people posting ignorant things in the threads,

Anyway, really glad to see Ola on what appears to be a very solid team so far. I'm a bit surprised that Sentinels are struggling as they are. Interesting given Halo 5 having such a run of dominance, but this game is so much different. HCS popping off, HI is great, off to a really good start.

"been gone for two years" All we need to know you're a shill who's riding the wave. gtfo

• Toxic (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2
  • Salt (-1) 3

19 minutes ago, DyZ said:

Why can't Sentinels get scrims? That's all they complain about but I don't think i've seen a reason listed as to why they can't get scrims. 

Teams refuse to scrimm with them, I guess they don't want them to dominate again.

1 minute ago, AArkham said:

which is weird bc i think with the exception of Frosty, all of sentinels had very respectable career runs in "old school" halo, I think they'll show up at Raleigh so I'm not worried about it

Just now, Bloodshot1990 said:

"been gone for two years" All we need to know you're a shill who's riding the wave. gtfo

Yea, sorry, I was just busting my ass in healthcare during the worst health crisis in our age. Terrible apologies I wasn't on here daily while I'm sure you were posting your drivel. We could do without bridge trolls starting off HCS run of what is going to be a great comp scene.

Who we thinking are best in HI so far? Lucid def putting his claim in, but Spartan is making some clutch plays.

• Fire (+1) 2

1 hour ago, OG Nick said:

Anyone know G1's roster? They upset G2. 

Gunshot, Predevonator, Squallaye, Sargoth

They lost to G2 1-2 in the LB last week, if I recall correctly.

Just now, AArkham said:

Yea, sorry, I was just busting my ass in healthcare during the worst health crisis in our age. Terrible apologies I wasn't on here daily while I'm sure you were posting your drivel. We could do without bridge trolls starting off HCS run of what is going to be a great comp scene.

Who we thinking are best in HI so far? Lucid def putting his claim in, but Spartan is making some clutch plays.

you mean the fake pandemic? lol k 

• Downvote (-1) 18
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Noodle said:

Gunshot, Predevonator, Squallaye, Sargoth

They lost to G2 1-2 in the LB last week, if I recall correctly.

Anyone know if contra is coming back?

2 minutes ago, AArkham said:

i think it depends on how you define "best", lucid puts up numbers but Renegade does work too, also I think Ola is proving his GOATness even more each event, I feel like this game was catered to his wizardry 

7 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

Teams don't want to scrimm with them, I guess they don't want them to dominate again.

Which are the top teams that refuse to scrim with them? Optic worked out their issues and are scheduled for next week. SSG and Faze have both scrimmed them. So just eUnited and C9? C9 is kinda weird so I’m not that surprised.

For the record though, I don’t agree with the mentality that if teams aren’t willing to scrim them for competitive reasons that it’s “scummy” or “cowardly”. Scrims are PRACTICE. If a team feels that a scrim will help their opponent more than themselves through giving away strats or just giving their opponent experience playing against them, there is no reason they should feel obligated to scrim that team. Like any other sport a team’s practice should make it more likely for them to win a championship, not the other way around.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunRanger said:

Haven't heard that name is forever. Where did he end up going? COD?

2 minutes ago, GunRanger said:

bruhhh i forgot about contra, kid could've been a god if he kept playing. when did he retire again? was it during H2A or was it H5? 

1 minute ago, Aphex Twin said:

lol

Infinite is if Halo 2 and 3 had a baby and shot it up with steroids. It's a solid Halo game. Just because it's not CE does not mean it's not a solid entry 

• Downvote (-1) 3

ContrA ain't coming back after the community tried to gaslighting him into thinking that hitting the Start button to clear heavy aim was him headcasing. :kappa:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bloodshot1990 said:

Infinite is if Halo 2 and 3 had a baby and shot it up with steroids.

...and gave it sprint, clamber, bloom, recoil, glint, longer TTKs, no button combos, etc...

It's the worst parts of Halo 3 + a dash of reach.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2