Jump to content
CyReN

HCS Halo Infinite 2021 Teams, Seeds and Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Rdispushedback said:

Behemoth is chill and the only sniper map.

Should there be better maps in rotation. Yes. There should be better maps in the place of every ranked map.

Though I believe the ranked playlists maps to really be Team Slayer playlists maps.

 

Behemoth is the 2nd worst map in the game. It shouldn't be in ranked--they don't even play it in competitive, which shows they know it's not good for it, so why is it in ranked? It is awful (and even worse when you have to play it with AR starts, but still bad with BRs).

Share this post


Link to post

It's not a competitive map but for its niche it's a great map. It's just a shame that 343 have effectively killed its niche by making BTB 12v12 and not having a 5v5 playlist. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I know this is somewhat off topic, but I have been binging true crime and murder videos. 


Has anybody seen this video of a chick getting catfished with a NBA player and fake Tsqared!?!?!? They said " The NBA stars best friend Tom Taylor" and I was like......there is no fucking way......and sure enough, Tsquared is in it. I fucking lost my shit :laughing:

Edit: I'm actually crying right now finishing the video. bwahahaha

 

  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, TiberiusAudley said:

I think it's incredibly rude/shortsighted to say any players, except maybe the Suddoths, don't deserve to have an org behind them -- the more supported the players are, the better quality practice they can get, and the higher the parity of the scene (which I think is super healthy).

 

Rather than see XSET consistently place top 8, I'd rather see Suspector poached and onto a top roster -- he was dominant early in H5 and then fell off with the girlfriend debuff when he started to play less.  Here in Infinite he seems to be grinding hard and it paying off, but I'd love to see him alongside a roster that can really take advantage of him hoarding resources and going off.

If I were eUnited and started to feel like OpTic and FaZe were pulling ahead, I think swapping Nick for Suspector would be the play to take slaying pressure off Spartan and ensure Ryan and Rayne have more room to do what they do best.

eUnited dropping people in my mind is an ambitious idea. Just last week they were a kill away from getting to the Grand Finals, so out of all the current teams they do seem to be the closest to upsetting Cloud9, and besides they placed #2 in Raleigh so weakness in that roster I don't see like I do for Optic.

 

Ryanoob and Spartan are locks and there is almost no situation (outside of maybe Shotzzy lol) that I would consider dropping either, both have a great competitor/friendship thing going on so I could see them only improving over time as well. That leaves Rayne/Nick, and frankly Suspector doesn't even seem much better so I just have my doubts that Suspector nets them a number 1 spot.

 

If any top team were to drop players it would have to be Optic. Pistola, Luciid, and Trippy have actually teamed together since Halo 5 days so I believe that dropping aPG is most obvious scenario, so I would (if I were an exec and had any real say) drop aPG and get someone like a Formal or to your point Suspector.

Share this post


Link to post

The problem with many of these teams is the same problem most non winning teams in Halo eventually run into as the games age. At some point simply being the smartest player isn't nearly enough. Most of your smart and good plays get adopted into the meta and super individually talented players start doing 99% of your plays automatically but you can't out shoot them unless you're one of them. That's why every remotely modern Halo team that's super successful has a bunch of very good to at least solid slayers and you don't see that traditionally smart but underwhelming individual player on those teams anymore.

That's why CLG never could really beat EG for any length of time in H2A but went crazy when they finally dropped the two roster spots that had basically been aging vet players during all of H2A and dominated H5 and so on so there is a hard road ahead for a lot of these teams as the game becomes more solidified in its meta

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Snipe Three said:

The problem with many of these teams is the same problem most non winning teams in Halo eventually run into as the games age. At some point simply being the smartest player isn't nearly enough. Most of your smart and good plays get adopted into the meta and super individually talented players start doing 99% of your plays automatically but you can't out shoot them unless you're one of them. That's why every remotely modern Halo team that's super successful has a bunch of very good to at least solid slayers and you don't see that traditionally smart but underwhelming individual player on those teams anymore

Meanwhile you have Lunchbox, Chig, Elamite, Royal 1, and Hoaxer coaching some of these top 8 teams.

Share this post


Link to post

Uhh......Roy is scrimming with Status Quo right now in place of Fragout. Someone tell me he's just subbing before I get too hype. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Terraform FPS said:

Uhh......Roy is scrimming with Status Quo right now in place of Fragout. Someone tell me he's just subbing before I get too hype. 

I was more excited about the Quo roster when they had Blaze but that still sounds pretty neat.  Enable on there too?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, TiberiusAudley said:

I was more excited about the Quo roster when they had Blaze but that still sounds pretty neat.  Enable on there too?

Enable Flame Roy Burton in this scrim. They're scrimming the Sudds if you want to tune in for some comedy lol. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Terraform FPS said:

I wonder if a Roy, Enable, Flamesword, Formal team could be competitive 🤔

My heart says yes, my mind says no

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Terraform FPS said:

I wonder if a Roy, Enable, Flamesword, Formal team could be competitive 🤔

FS as coach, Roy/Enable/Formal and steal Vetra from coL.

Share this post


Link to post

That's garbage. Sad that Infinite is so full of cheating that even pros are being suspected.

 

Edit: also this week is the regional qualifier? Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post

So if I'm reading the information for the qualifier correctly, it now takes place over one day instead of two and is Bo3 the whole way...

Any good reason we can't have Bo5 over two days? I think we can all agree that ideally the open bracket would play out Bo5 for as many rounds as possible. I get that COVID restrictions in Anaheim prevent an open LAN, but seeing travel stipends handed out for Bo3 is disheartening.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, ssbChad said:

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet

1c09VvH.png

Ugh I don’t know how I feel about this… yes this will hopefully avoid any Minds-type situations but this could really screw people over who don’t have a good enough PC or internet to play Infinite and stream at the same time. Especially when it’s being announced so last-minute.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Noodle said:

So if I'm reading the information for the qualifier correctly, it now takes place over one day instead of two and is Bo3 the whole way...

Any good reason we can't have Bo5 over two days? I think we can all agree that ideally the open bracket would play out Bo5 for as many rounds as possible. I get that COVID restrictions in Anaheim prevent an open LAN, but seeing travel stipends handed out for Bo3 is disheartening.

Yeah bo3 for the Open events is fine. Bo3 to determine which teams get to compete at Anaheim is ridiculous. If it was just for seeding I would say whatever, but teams that don’t make top8 literally won’t be able to compete at the event.

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Commander Eagle said:

Yeah bo3 for the Open events is fine. Bo3 to determine which teams get to compete at Anaheim is ridiculous. If it was just for seeding I would say whatever, but teams that don’t make top8 literally won’t be able to compete at the event.

Wait a second, its only top 8? I thought it would be like top 16 or something? That's sad.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.