Sign in to follow this  
xboxdigger 94

What is going to be your next gaming platform?

Gaming platforms I own: N64, Gamecube, WII, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox one. and some handhelds. 

For the first time ever I am thinking of switching to either PC or PS5. Xbox is really only big in North America nowadays, and I am thinking in terms of competitive gameplay that switching to the PC or PS4 is a good move with regards to player population and connection host -  and that those things are going to be better for you on those platforms vs xbox if you live anywhere in the world except for North America. 

I am doing some 3d modelling/animation as a hobby and beefing up on a modelling/gaming pc wouldn't be a bad move. 

What about you?

On 7/18/2020 at 1:10 AM, xboxdigger 94 said:

Gaming platforms I own: N64, Gamecube, WII, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox one. and some handhelds.

Coincidentally, I have all the aforementioned systems, with the PS3 being the sole exception. Of course, I still have a PS4 (a console I rarely play, and don't really "own", anyway) my brother's old SNES (with a broken power port that I still have to replace; I have a replacement, but I just need to figure out how to solder it) and a Nintendo Switch, so I guess that evens it out.

For the first time ever I am thinking of switching to either PC or PS5.

PC gaming is predominately more competitive than console gaming; you'll be better off switching to the former for some good competition.

I am doing some 3d modelling/animation as a hobby and beefing up on a modelling/gaming pc wouldn't be a bad move.

All the more reason to station it as your preferred platform. You might benefit more focusing on one system — using it as a multi-purpose conduit.

What about you?

I'll stick with what I already have. The PS5 doesn't impress me enough to consider buying it. Maybe if more games like Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales catch my eye, I might be more inclined to buy it.

I recently built a new computer.  That's going to be it for me.  I don't really play video games much anymore and Halo Infinite is the only game that somewhat interests me, so I went that route.