Arena1999

Perfect Dark's 20th Anniversary

Doubt anyone cares about this. It's not a competitive game, and to some people, the game (N64 version, at least) hasn't "aged" well altogether (I think it's a stupid way to judge a game's merit, but I'm not getting into that, right now). I know some people here have talked about it (I know @FarSight XR~20 and I have; quite a lot), and some might even have very fond memories of playing it.

I did a full playthrough of the game today on Perfect Agent. It was a bit grueling, having to record and upload the videos, but I managed. I still have to tackle the Institute hub, explore some of the Multiplayer options, cheats, Easter Eggs, and more.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

I have many fond memories of Perfect Dark.  My friends and I used to pull all nighters playing against the bots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 5/23/2020 at 6:48 AM, Rick said:

I have many fond memories of Perfect Dark.  My friends and I used to pull all nighters playing against the bots.

I really wish Halo had bots in Multiplayer. People might scoff at the idea, but Multiplayer games shouldn't be limited to just human players.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/24/2020 at 12:59 AM, Arena1999 said:

I really wish Halo had bots in Multiplayer. People might scoff at the idea, but Multiplayer games shouldn't be limited to just humans players.

I wish Goldeneye had bots! I really liked the challenges perfect dark done as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Legit one of my favorite games of all time. It had a MASSIVE influence on me. I got it in 8th grade, and was still playing it regularly in my junior year of high school. It has a very special place in my heart.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Note: I finally managed to complete all thirty challenges (again) on the Combat Simulator. It took much longer than it should have, but I feel as if a great burden has been placed off my shoulders. Who knows what I might do next? I might just decide to record some of my favorite cheats in the game, because it's quite common to find a guide detailing ways to beat the timestamps required to earn some of the more fun cheats in the game. Or I could record some of the modes that weren't featured in any of the challenges, such as "Pop a Cap".

On 8/25/2020 at 2:50 AM, Arena1999 said:

Note: I finally managed to complete all thirty challenges (again) on the Combat Simulator. It took much longer than it should have, but I feel as if a great burden has been placed off my shoulders. Who knows what I might do next? I might just decide to record some of my favorite cheats in the game, because it's quite common to find a guide detailing ways to beat the timestamps required to earn some of the more fun cheats in the game. Or I could record some of the modes that weren't featured in any of the challenges, such as "Pop a Cap".

Are you into speed running goldeneye / perfect dark ? 

20 hours ago, Gold said:

Are you into speed running goldeneye / perfect dark ? 

To be honest, not particularly, but when I do stumble upon a speed-run of either game, it's mesmerizing to watch. Heck, the games practically encourage speed-running, because that's how the cheats were unlocked.

27 minutes ago, Arena1999 said:

To be honest, not particularly, but when I do stumble upon a speed-run of either game, it's mesmerizing to watch. Heck, the games practically encourage speed-running, because that's how the cheats were unlocked.

I watch these speedlore videos: https://www.youtube.com/c/SpeedLore/featured 

I find them so cool! the videos are hours long and the guy walks you through 20 years of strats and everything.  Really interesting watch.  

One of my favorite games of all time. Countless hours spent on both the N64 and Xbox versions. This was my first true competitive FPS love before Halo. The Combat Simulator was ahead of its time, and is still fun to play today. 

• Upvote (+1) 1