Sitri

Your ideal multiplayer shooter?

yup absolutely. I would only say Halo 2 IF the button combos were intentional. 

I must respectfully disagree on you believing that H3 was the best FPS ever..

HD remake of H2, same core gameplay, same button glitches, just re release it and throw in a map pack or two.

Then I will be in heaven

But then we wouldn't get to bitch on the forums all the day wed be actually playing Halo   ;)

STAR WARS REPUBLIC COMMANDO

Or an HD remake of Halo 2. So many good memories with both these games. CS 1.6 was pretty awesome as well though I was awful at it.

I do want a proper clan system with clan matchmaking and an official ladder/leaderboards. Id also like to see someone spend a lot of time working out a really good individual ranking system for playlists with random teams.

Not sure if anyone has heard of/played the game because it's a PS3 exclusive that was released on PS3's launch day, but it's called Resistance: Fall of Man.  It was a game heavily influenced by early Halo, and had some of the most fun multiplayer I've ever played.  It also included weapon spawns around the map and much of the gameplay centered around controlling power weapon spawns and keeping them out of enemy hands.

My ideal game would be some sort of combination between Halo and Resistance 1.  I would like Halo's super competitive, Arena style 4v4 setting with a starting weapon like the BR or 3sk pistol, something like that, combined with Resistance's crazy, but really skill oriented weapons.  Resistance was created by Insomniac Games (who have made the Ratchet & Clank series) and so a lot of the weapons from Resistance: Fall of Man were off the wall but really cool and took a lot of skill to use effectively, yet in the right hands they could be game changing.  Halo, as fun and competitive as I've always found it, has been relatively unadventurous when it comes to weapons in the competitive setting.  Especially during the Halo 3/Reach era, where we hardly ever saw a weapon outside of the BR/DMR, Rockets, and Sniper.  So a game like Halo, with weapons like RFoM's arc charger/dragon flamethrower/auger, would be my ideal multiplayer shooter.

(Yes, this is a cop-out answer, as I just took my favorite two multiplayer games of all time and smashed them together, but that's honestly what my ideal shooter would be).

My ideal shooter already came out. it was called halo 2 idk wasn't that popular so probably not a whole lot of fans here.

seriously though, i've played just about every other modern FPS, no game to me compares to halo 2 as far as depth goes. There was just so much to that game. Every little skill you learned was a defining pillar in your place on the skill gap. I learned something new every time i played even in 2012 on XBC. the game is timeless. Quake 3, UT, DoD, 1.6 and co. will always be timeless as well but not in the way halo 2 is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been saying for years that if Halo 1 was released with Xbox Live compatibility I would never play another shooter again. Obviously I would like it to have modern things like theater, spec. mode, dedicated servers, etc. And maybe I wouldn't moonwalk after throwing a grenade. Also have an in-game clock.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

So what you're saying is an actual gameplay sequel to Halo CE would be ideal? Because I'm totally down for that.

For a console shooter:

• Versatile skill based movement - easy graspable concepts that are allow individual freedom and creativity
  • Reasonable aiming difficulty - lowish aim assist, varying shooting techniques
  • Skill based actions - button combos
  • Complex asymmetrical maps that focus on verticality and varied confrontation
  • Item based gameplay

• Focused matchmaking - 2v2 / 4v4 with a Slayer and an Objective (Extraction style gametype) in each
  • Played on regional dedicated servers
  • Full in depth ranking system - local, national, world rankings // SC2 divisions
  • Full external level editor
  • Full streaming / spectating capabilities
  • Tournament organization options

help I just cracked my skull open on my palm

hahaha. Sorry dude. I had some of my most competitive matches in all time in Halo playing LAN with my homies in those days

For a console shooter:

• Versatile skill based movement - easy graspable concepts that are allow individual freedom and creativity
  • Reasonable aiming difficulty - lowish aim assist, varying shooting techniques
  • Skill based actions - button combos
  • Complex asymmetrical maps that focus on verticality and varied confrontation
  • Item based gameplay

• Focused matchmaking - 2v2 / 4v4 with a Slayer and an Objective (Extraction style gametype) in each
  • Played on regional dedicated servers
  • Full in depth ranking system - local, national, world rankings // SC2 divisions
  • Full external level editor
  • Full streaming / spectating capabilities
  • Tournament organization options

What about a PC game that supports controllers and aim assist natively?

What about a PC game that supports controllers and aim assist natively?

Not a popular idea on a competitive console site but generally pitting MK players against controller players removes a lot of the fun for both parties.

I want a combination of Halo's shields, Quake's skillful and interesting weapons, Portal's Portal gun, Battlefield's graphics, Far Cry's map creator, and Mirror's Edge's mobility. Add a zombie mode and you have one of the greatest multiplayer sandboxes of all time.

oh god

I can already imagine the CTF games.. :o

There are a few custom Portal 2 maps that have a sort of CTF game.

oh god

I can already imagine the CTF games.. :o

The Portal gun would be a power weapon, not something you always spawn with. I can imagine what kind of havoc that might incite. You could also just remove it from CTF altogether.

The Portal gun would be a power weapon, not something you always spawn with. I can imagine what kind of havoc that might incite. You could also just remove it from CTF altogether.

Yeah. It would be awful in other gametypes too (Ball I know for sure would be done).

It would just be annoying in general. It would wreck flanks + positioning - it's like a personal teleporter from Quake 3 except you can choose where to come out.

I guess it's true what people say, your first Halo is your favorite Halo. Halo 3 is the only game that I can play for hours and hours even today. 

If Halo 3 had a better netcode I think that would be about it for me. Everything else would just be icing on the cake.