Hard Way

What changes should be made to Reach's competitive settings going forward?

1 hour ago, Snipe Three said:

Thoughts on moving rockets back to the original spot and moving camo into red on Penance?

Rockets in CE spot only make sense, already made a version like that with camo red2 on a 60s timer for testing.

Lowkey, let's never play Penance. Or, honestly, any assym map. I don't at all like the inherent unfair nature of these maps in what should be a fair, even comp match. Or, well, as even as we can make it. That and Penance blows ass as a map itself, so, lol. I don't know, or can't think of any good assym maps that don't have some catch to them in the comp rotation. And likewise there are fewer sym maps that do blow in the comp rotations of these games. Should stick to fair and balanced.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The anniversary maps clearly work best within that playlist and then they didn't even include that in the games launch gamemode list.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, The InSan3 One said:

So... Is there any semblance of a rough draft of map/gametypes for a potential v8 or...

I made some tweaks to Penance and Battle Canyon we could test. Also prepared versions of Memento, Oversoul and Powerhouse but at this stage the stuff we want to change or introduce should be played a good amount - can't decide purely based on theory!

Only got 3 people today for customs, would be great to get 8 people to run these maps and collect some feedback. This is the discord we use to organize them if anybody is interested in testing tweaks to v7: https://discord.gg/TsxTUyd

• Like (+1) 3

Yeah, the time is upon us to start scheduling some playtests. We have a handful of stuff we wanna look at. If you want in, leave your GT here, but also pay attention to this thread so you know when stuff is happening. Adding the discord Warlord posted will also help immensely.

Lastly, please, please help us spread the word about what we’re doing. Help us get as much input as we can. It’s very important that we have somewhat of a consensus among competitive players before pitching our requests to 343. The last thing we want is to get our changes implemented and then have massive backlash over it. So please do your part to help us do this right.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Warlord Wossman said:

I made some tweaks to Penance and Battle Canyon we could test. Also prepared versions of Memento, Oversoul and Powerhouse but at this stage the stuff we want to change or introduce should be played a good amount - can't decide purely based on theory!

Only got 3 people today for customs, would be great to get 8 people to run these maps and collect some feedback. This is the discord we use to organize them if anybody is interested in testing tweaks to v7: https://discord.gg/TsxTUyd

Add gonagon man 

GT is    CO2 Ranger. Ill see if some guys i play with want to hop in. Also, we desperately need an option to disqualify servers from a search. I'd rather wait 10-15 mins between games for a local server than play on 250 ping every single game.

After more play time, I'm growing more partial to Nexus.  Im not really digging anything on the Reach's version of The Pit though.  And I would not mind swapping out Penance & Creek Team Slayer with objective variants on other maps, forge or otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't mind just seeing the MLG V8 Map variants in rotation again. The maps that are in it now are fine I think, but surely the map and gametype variant transfers they did allowed us to recover at least a few of them if MLG Sanc is back as well.

Just now, Three Six Xero said:

I wouldn't mind just seeing the MLG V8 Map variants in rotation again. The maps that are in it now are fine I think, but surely the map and gametype variant transfers they did allowed us to recover at least a few of them if MLG Sanc is back as well.

There is no v8.

So when do we want to try and schedule v8 testing? We should probably try to have something scheduled in advance and have an idea of which maps and gametypes we are testing that session.

On Discord Hard Way mentioned testing on Thursday for Penance and BC revisions, Powerhouse KotH, and A9 Bomb. Do we want to try and get at least 8 people for this on Thursday or shoot for Friday/Saturday to have more advance notice? What time and what platform on the day we choose? I can't make it Thursday and don't know my Friday/Saturday work schedule yet but can try to advertise to others if we have something scheduled.

On 12/9/2019 at 4:00 PM, Warlord Wossman said:

If we can't even get 8 people to test this next weekend I might give up on it given that the modded settings we are testing on PC are way more fun atm.

Dude are you only bringing these new settings up here? Or also reddit, waypoint, and twitter? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Arlong said:

Dude are you only bringing these new settings up here? Or also reddit, waypoint, and twitter? 

I am not investing my entire free time in promoting 5sk DMR test settings on the internet, no.

That said I already put in hours setting up a discord with custom roles as a platform for playtesting and prepared map variants with changed item layouts/timers etc for testing, don't expect me to do literally everything we need to make this happen, this is not my job but a community effort (I thought) to make a change.

9 hours ago, Arlong said:

Someone posted this thread on /r/CompetitiveHalo/ and got two comments, one of which said " Why are we investing our time into altering Reach’s lineup?". People love to complain about penance and BC on there, but no one wants to actually improve the settings.

Waypoint? What a joke lol.

Twitter might work, but we need someone like Moses or Vetoed to actually tweet it out or it will just get lost.

• Like (+1) 1