Hard Way

What changes should be made to Reach's competitive settings going forward?

25 minutes ago, Squatting Bear said:

Have Tashi or Dersky or anyone at 343 hinted at updating the competitive gametypes or nah?

Tashi has, I linked it a few pages back. Although he said "in collaboration with the community" which is complete horseshit because this has never been publicly talked about.

• Like (+1) 3

On 12/26/2019 at 7:38 AM, Basu said:

Tashi has, I linked it a few pages back. Although he said "in collaboration with the community" which is complete horseshit because this has never been publicly talked about.

It's the same community collaborators that voted for Breakout to be kept in HCS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

First time Reach was out I think I played ~100 games (if even) and went back to H3. This time round its been the same again. The maps are just not enjoyable at all.

Pros have been told they have a Sunday deadline for suggestions on what  gametypes to add/remove (deadline is Sunday for any chance of making changes for matchmaking at least). Haven't been able to catch streams, but it seems they've tested CTF, Slayer, Assault, and KotH on Zealot, Oasis, Simplex, Onslaught, Element, and Splash (not sure in what combinations and what I'm missing there).

Sounds like oddball isn't considered because the ball bounces too much (and maybe because there isn't a ZBNS option for oddball?) and that everyone agrees spawns on Oasis are bad.

Anyone else seen more gameplay and able to fill in more details? Not that anything might come if this given the short time frame that might not even let pros submit anything in time.