Sign in to follow this  
Fight

Halo:CE 2019 Beach Lan(Aug 10-17) and UGC Atlantic City (Sep 6-8)

Hey guys,

Beach Lan and UGC are working together this year to bring a new level of competition and hype in the Halo:CE community. The Beach Lan 2v2 tournament will be a blast and award prizes/gifts as always but there is a new incentive this year in the tournament: the top 4 finalists of the Beach Lan tournament will receive seed priority at UGC Atlantic City and their tournament passes paid for. All other teams entering the UGC 2v2 Atlantic City tournament will be randomly seeded. Both tournaments will be on/off host. UGC Atlantic City tournament will be double elimination. 

Donations for the Beach Lan and its tournament Prize Pool  can be sent to:

PayPal: [email protected]

Venmo: @jwm03g

-Catch the BeachLan matches on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/beachlan

Donations for the UGC Atlantic City Prize Pool can be sent to:

TBA

UGC Atlantic City 2v2 Passes:

Passes Can be purchased at https://ugcstore.gg/product/ugc-halo-classic-halo-ce-2v2-side-event/

-Passes also include free play at the H1 stations on Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Catch the UGC matches at Twitch:

Hope to see everyone on the beach and in Atlantic City for some gg's

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

I'm finally going to Beach LAN this year! I'm stoked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

I'll be at the beach lan, not sure on atlantic city. 

• Fire (+1) 2

Looking forward to watching, what is the reason for on/off vs NHE in the tourney?

3 hours ago, CooterFL said:

Looking forward to watching, what is the reason for on/off vs NHE in the tourney?

Looking around and aiming on NHE tends to feel inconsistent from box to box, especially as the boxes get hotter. I’m pretty sure that’s why it’s not being used as of late.

Sometimes I wish we could agree on a value you need to win by on host in order for it to count as a win. Like if you get 45 kills off-host you technically win. Idk. Something to account for it.

12 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Looking around and aiming on NHE tends to feel inconsistent from box to box, especially as the boxes get hotter. I’m pretty sure that’s why it’s not being used as of late.

Sometimes I wish we could agree on a value you need to win by on host in order for it to count as a win. Like if you get 45 kills off-host you technically win. Idk. Something to account for it.

I have the mod on my two boxes but never actually tried to play around with it, thanks for clarifying.  

I used to consider 30+ on xbc a “victory,” or if I hosted and won like 50-45 I knew I woulda got smoked on lan by the same person.

We used to just play two series on/off and off host would get the color advantage depending on the map. 

Is there a stream schedule / event schedule out yet for Beach LAN? If not, do we know when and where one will be available?

7 hours ago, Noodle said:

Is there a stream schedule / event schedule out yet for Beach LAN? If not, do we know when and where one will be available?

I know that the tournament will be on Monday and Tuesday, and that other days will feature a set of hand-picked matches. I don't know the times yet though. I'll try to get those and post them here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Below are links for the 2v2 tournament.

Beach LAN 8 2v2 Pool Play (Monday starting at 12:00pm):

Group A  

Nacho / DynoMike
Frolic / Notorious
johnthehero / JukkisP
Silos / Squatting Bear

Group B

pRivate 99 / pSylence
Ozyorsk / O4
Walker / Unit
stunt man / Hurley

Group C

Sin / One
HB / Lammie
Ryannoob / LD50

Group D

Mighty / Sevy
TuLegit / MacGuyV7R
Wonder / Amayzing

Beach LAN 8 2v2 Bracket (Tuesday starting at 3:00pm)

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

I've been very slowly watching through the Beach LAN bracket play VoDs and made it up to the point where Hard Way, Bo, and Meg realize that Legend/Skillz vs. McDick/J0wnz is a gauntlet. It looks like the past broadcasts from that day and previous days are no longer available on Twitch. Anyone know if it'll find it's way onto YouTube or if it won't since it was only the pseudo finals?

And how did prize payouts end up working? Watching through the archive it felt that everyone was as uncertain as me as to what the stakes were in each match after the long delay.

(Also, thanks to the Bean LAN team for putting on another great show. Would love to see a pure 1v1 tournament with semis and finals broadcast at some point, I think that would be fun to watch)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Noodle said:

I've been very slowly watching through the Beach LAN bracket play VoDs and made it up to the point where Hard Way, Bo, and Meg realize that Legend/Skillz vs. McDick/J0wnz is a gauntlet. It looks like the past broadcasts from that day and previous days are no longer available on Twitch. Anyone know if it'll find it's way onto YouTube or if it won't since it was only the pseudo finals?

And how did prize payouts end up working? Watching through the archive it felt that everyone was as uncertain as me as to what the stakes were in each match after the long delay.

(Also, thanks to the Bean LAN team for putting on another great show. Would love to see a pure 1v1 tournament with semis and finals broadcast at some point, I think that would be fun to watch)

Dman is normally pretty reliable about getting this stuff uploaded. I'll talk to him.

It's my understanding that top 4 got paid. I know UGC comped the hotel and team passes for at least top 2 at BL, and team passes for top 4.

I'd love to see that too. I was sad to hear that Legend and Patch basically refuse to play Wiz radar or Longest when I asked them about it (at least in friendlies), so it'd only be Priz. I'm sure they'd play the other two if that's what the TO set up though.

• Upvote (+1) 1