hapaxlegomena

Music Thread

Lately ive been into musicians/singers that are songwriters first and foremost - John Prine, Ramblin Jack Elliot, Townes Van Zandt, Warren Zevon, Dylan, Neil Young, Nick Lowe, Tom Waits, Paul Simon, Hank Williams, Woodie Guthrie, Randy Newman, Joni Mitchelet, Lou Reed, Loretta Lynn, Sam Cooke, Dave Van Ronk, Lead Belly, and Cisco, etc etc etc 

JohnPrine.jpg

excitable-boy-5612ecc893ae4.jpg

I’ve always been that way my self, it’s all about the words and melody. The music is not even that important, if you’ve got a good song, that’s it. bang on some bins and it’ll still sound good.

Lou Reed!!

When I was just getting heavy into music I used to go look through all the CDs in my local record shop and one day I got an album just because I loved cover which was the velvet underground album with the banana on the front. It was such a moment when the first track come on “Sunday morning.” Loved it instantly.

Ah yes back when record shops were a thing. Just bloody YouTube everything now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you got really lucky w that

amazing album

Na I knew it was a classic of sorts cos I seen it on posters and stuff. I was just unaware due to being just 14 or so.

Honestly one of my most hated eras of music that whole, new punk and even new metal or whatever. green day, blink 182, off spring, limp biscuit and whoever else. Complete dog shit imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never even heard of this XXX until he died. Either I’m getting to old or he really wasn’t relevant at all, until now obviously cos that’s how pop music works.

Yeah. . .unless you had Snapchat and looked at the "discover" section there's pretty much no chance you would've heard of him.

He was relevant because of crimes he'd committed and his interactions with other rappers, not because of his music.

lately have the interest to listen to piano. classical is the best for me. but spotify doesnot have some of the kind i like. it's like a combination of pop and piano. source apknite

• Like (+1) 1