this album is growing on me

Don't think it's better than black sand or north borders

Probably somewhere in the middle of all his work

There's a couple gooders on it tho

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't think it's better than black sand or north borders

Probably somewhere in the middle of all his work

There's a couple gooders on it tho

agreed. the song you posted is probably my fav on it. 

black sands is my favorite of his fur sure. just love the tone of that whole album. it's hard to go wrong with him, though. dial m for monkey, days to come, and north borders are all dope, too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

does Creed count? oh boy do i love me some Creed.

technically lol. if anything that's more "alt" than Jamie's Elsewhere lol. idk what else to call this kinda stuff. Underoath, August Burns Red, Jamie's Elsewhere... i bet it's called christcore or something nice like that

technically lol. if anything that's more "alt" than Jamie's Elsewhere lol. idk what else to call this kinda stuff. Underoath, August Burns Red, Jamie's Elsewhere... i bet it's called christcore or something nice like that

bruh don’t forget Flyleaf

nothing is more alt christ than their biggest hit single, All Around Me. what could possibly be more alt christ & edgy than a pro christ song that unintentionally depicts christ as a gaslighting oppressive monster w/ lyrics like “I can feel you all around me//Thickening the air I'm breathing” & “I give it to you//Now you own me//All I am//You said you would never leave me//I believe you”

bruh don’t forget Flyleaf

nothing is more alt christ than their biggest hit single, All Around Me. what could possibly be more alt christ & edgy than a pro christ song that unintentionally depicts christ as a gaslighting oppressive monster w/ lyrics like “I can feel you all around me//Thickening the air I'm breathing” & “I give it to you//Now you own me//All I am//You said you would never leave me//I believe you”

haha flyleaf was christian? never knew that. 

haha flyleaf was christian? never knew that.

dang you’ve been missing out on some edgy heavy alt-sermons.

interview w/ christian broadcasting network: “I am talking about the real Jesus – not the religious, churchy Jesus but a personal Jesus that you can relate to you and go through your life with you. When people hear our record, we pray that the Holy Spirit would touch them.”

http://www1.cbn.com/700club/flyleaf-fully-alive

religious churchy Jesus is fucking lame, but pop-metal chart-topping Jesus is fucking cool as shit.

dang you’ve been missing out on some edgy heavy alt-sermons.

interview w/ christian broadcasting network: “I am talking about the real Jesus – not the religious, churchy Jesus but a personal Jesus that you can relate to you and go through your life with you. When people hear our record, we pray that the Holy Spirit would touch them.”

http://www1.cbn.com/700club/flyleaf-fully-alive

religious churchy Jesus is fucking lame, but pop-metal chart-topping Jesus is fucking cool as shit.

word

Full album comes out on the 27th. Great band, but not a favorite. Probably the only symphonic hard rock Christian band I like. 

Yes, Flyleaf is Christian. I don't listen to them though. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjZ6HAkCAc0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Bi0Z6j6UE

Yes, Flyleaf is Christian. I don't listen to them though.

not churchy Jesus enough?

now that i’m actually sober though, i need to come clean & admit that i was really into Thousand Foot Krutch years ago. like really really into them. it didn’t occur to me until a couple days ago, but when it did, i was horrified. i probably had plays in the thousands.

• Upvote (+1) 1

agreed. the song you posted is probably my fav on it.

black sands is my favorite of his fur sure. just love the tone of that whole album. it's hard to go wrong with him, though. dial m for monkey, days to come, and north borders are all dope, too.

Same and same

My favorite track on that album

And black sands is my favourite from all of his stuff

He's quite consistent

He keeps his sound, but adds something to each album

It's interesting to hear his stuff from the early 2000s to now

You can tell the difference between the production quality

Not always the best at articulating myself, but if you listen to bonobo youd know what I mean lol

really liking nmesh right now

Sucks Google play don't have pharma on it

Listened to about half of it on YouTube

I'll finish it when I get the chance tho

I'm still bumpin curry

not churchy Jesus enough?

now that i’m actually sober though, i need to come clean & admit that i was really into Thousand Foot Krutch years ago. like really really into them. it didn’t occur to me until a couple days ago, but when it did, i was horrified. i probably had plays in the thousands.

"Churchy"? Thats a stereotypical image and representation of Jesus for those that don't go to church. I don't listen to them like I do Skillet, for example, but from what I know they're a softer, more contemporary Christian band.

I used to somewhat like TFK. They don't appeal much to me - their music sounds the same for most of their songs. 

Same and same

My favorite track on that album

And black sands is my favourite from all of his stuff

He's quite consistent

He keeps his sound, but adds something to each album

It's interesting to hear his stuff from the early 2000s to now

You can tell the difference between the production quality

Not always the best at articulating myself, but if you listen to bonobo youd know what I mean lol

really liking nmesh right now

Sucks Google play don't have pharma on it

Listened to about half of it on YouTube

I'll finish it when I get the chance tho

I'm still bumpin curry

yeah i know what you mean but i liked that kind of grainy sound he had before. idk if that's a good descriptor for it at all but if you listen to like Change Down vs Kiara maybe it'll show up. 

yeah i know what you mean but i liked that kind of grainy sound he had before. idk if that's a good descriptor for it at all but if you listen to like Change Down vs Kiara maybe it'll show up.

yeah it was more jazz/lounge

where as now he still carries those influences, but it's more electronic/edm

I know for sure Mr. scalzo Is not keen on this chap, but I really do think his newest song is really nice.

• Upvote (+1) 1