hapaxlegomena

Music Thread

Don't believe I've posted here before. That, or I've forgotten.

I picked up Skillet's new album an hour before midnight hit where I live, on August 4th. Unleashed is great. Really enjoying it. Not their best, but I think its their best since Comatose. But seriously....what album of their can possibly come close to Comatose? I did see them last year at Winter Jam up close. Better than the first time. Now that was epic! They played my favorite song to open their performance: Whispers in the Dark. 

Man, Jen Ledger is sooooo cute (Skillet's drummer). That English accent and dyed red hair. OR whatever color she chooses.

Red is coming to Winter Jam this winter. Haven't seen them live. That should be really neat. Their new album, of Beauty and Rage, is awesome.

Fireflight hasn't been around where I live yet. Or haven't in a long time. 

What genre does OPN fall under?

And Com Truise?

OPN is a mix of electronic drone, ambient, & glitch. Idk what broader, all-encompassing genre to classify his music as tbh.

Com Truise is synthwave/chillwave.

Speaking of OPN, you hear the DJ Earl track w/ OPN as a feature? It's dope

https://youtu.be/Aa69hEICF6k

Also, new Thugger is so fucking fire. Might be his best since Barter 6 & the first Slime Season, but I could also just be high on its newness. Regardless, super dope.

The E•MO•TION B-sides are also great. CRJ has emerged as the pop star we had no idea we needed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OPN is a mix of electronic drone, ambient, & glitch. Idk what broader, all-encompassing genre to classify his music as tbh.

Com Truise is synthwave/chillwave.

Speaking of OPN, you hear the DJ Earl track w/ OPN as a feature? It's dope

https://youtu.be/Aa69hEICF6k

Also, new Thugger is so fucking fire. Might be his best since Barter 6 & the first Slime Season, but I could also just be high on its newness. Regardless, super dope.

The E•MO•TION B-sides are also great. CRJ has emerged as the pop star we had no idea we needed.

Need to check that shit out

Prepare yourselves for new run the jewels. And its a bit late but Danny Browns new album Atrocity Exhibition is some Hella fire

• Upvote (+1) 1