hapaxlegomena

Music Thread

@@Dead I recommend you learn how to ignore Scalzo and hapax's hate. The more you fight, the more they enjoy it!

I've been listening to this a shit ton. Can't wait for her new album. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

'I met this guy named Ding-Dong. He told me the whole Earth is goin' up in flame. Flames will come out of here and there and they'll just rise up. The mountains are gonna go up in big flames, the water's gonna rise in flames. There's gonna be creatures runnin' every which way, some of them burnt, half of their wings burnin'. People are gonna be screamin' and hollerin' for help. See, the people that have been good - they're gonna go to heaven and escape all that fire. But if you've been bad, God don't even hear you. He don't even hear ya talkin'

I missed this thread.

Glad to see everyone is still doing that snotty fake carefree no-punctuation no-capitalization one-sentence post thing as if they're on Tumblr. And also using deliberately-obnoxious self-aware Filthy Frank-esque profile pics even though they probably say how Filthy Frank is cancer. Not naming names. A ridiculous (often context-devoid) humourous-aggressive sig (which I think I've got almost down to a T, but needs a humourous silly self-aware carefree gif out of context) is optional, but won't hurt if you want to optimize upvotes/downvotes. Shame I don't have a completely ridiculous meaningless lol so random type username.

I now have the option of half-ironically posting Pitchfork-core, ironically posting hip-hop, mainstream-ish metal like djent or Protest the Hero or Intronaut (note how I call a non-mainstream band mainstream to show how high my standards are) or something like that (but metal's probably too straightforward and would invalidate my first paragraph - something more self-aware and slightly obnoxious would work better). I could maybe go with classical (which I'm probably seeming too invested to post, since it requires a certain amount of carefreeness) or just jumping in the deep end (black metal, country, folk, d-beat or anything just extreme and/or slightly ridiculous for said carefree effect). If I had maintained some amount of carefreeness by avoiding punctuation and going with a single-sentence post, I could probably have even posted something mainstream like Adele without getting 3 downvotes as above. As long as it's not an outdated meme like Death Grips, which would have been appropriate mid-2014 maybe.

Now that I look super invested in my post, I shall post a ridiculous anticomedic pic to counteract this effect. Let's take a look at /r/me_irl. Ah, this'll do.

1Zcv3xm.jpg

I ought to put that one in my sig. Rile people's pets up etc.

Look how much I fucking masturbate to myself. Am I not fantastic. I probably have 10 crusty Stewart Lee posters on my wall which I jerk off to daily. Now that I've established how much of a shit I don't give, I can post whatever music I like without fear of my taste being judged on a site dedicated to a rapidly-aging video game franchise. I think I'll be self-aware and just go with Pitchfork-core today. Shame it's well-known, but it should work anyway. Just gotta make sure I don't post the most popular track on the album so I can maintain my cred. DAE Garden of Delete aoty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be67Sb4S-ec

This thread is annoying not gonna lie.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Scott Weiland of the Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver had passed away in his sleep at 48.

I didn't know whether or not to post this in OT/OT thread...

new anco is great

Isnt there only that one song? Or did u listen to that baltimore broadcast they had

Yeah you could really tell from that florida single. Im not as big of a fan of that, but merriweather was really poppy and i enjoyed

Isnt there only that one song? Or did u listen to that baltimore broadcast they had

ive only heard floridada

im sure theres crappy recordings from the BWI broadcast but i havent looked for them