hapaxlegomena

Music Thread

Was watching some breaking benjamin live stuff and noticed Ben had a MLG shirt on in 2002

• Downvote (-1) 1

i need a top 10 from this year so far. 

noisey stuff pls

Container. did i already rec Prurient? Pissgrave is cool 2. It Follows soundtrack is pretty noisy tbh, in a heavy synth kinda way. Stetson & Neufield bcus dat sax. speaking of sax, Downtown Boys released a sweet punk record worth listening to. new Lightning Bolt. kinda M.E.S.H. + Lotic. 

Container. did i already rec Prurient? Pissgrave is cool 2. It Follows soundtrack is pretty noisy tbh, in a heavy synth kinda way. Stetson & Neufield bcus dat sax. speaking of sax, Downtown Boys released a sweet punk record worth listening to. new Lightning Bolt. kinda M.E.S.H. + Lotic. 

thank u

4 warlord: writing in your post

Death Metal and Grindcore blend (Deathgrind). It is not bad but I am not really into Deathgrind even if this song is closer to Death Metal than other Deathgrind songs (Napalm Death ect.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZB9bNA0KWg

Insect Warfare is "pure" Grindcore which I said that I don't really like. Don't get me wrong your post is meant in a good way but Grindcore has no real depth imo it is just trying to be brutal without really creating too much atmosphere... Sure it will be hard for people to tell the difference but Death Metal is different in many ways.

Pig Destroyer is yet another popular Grindcore band.

Pissgrave is Death Metal. Their album is a solid release even if the quality is a bit "raw" at times. The music sounds okay but the album lacks variety and the growls are pretty grindy...

Another Grindcore Band. Wormrot is a bit more groovy which is cool but still not my cup of tea.

Burzum a Black Metal / Ambient one man project from Varg Vikernes who killed Mayhems first guitarist Euronymous. This is a long story I can only say that Burzum is something that sounds pretty okay imo but the guy is a criminal idiot. I like some Black Metal bands but most bands are kind of boring. If you start mixing Black and Death Metal it gets pretty interesting tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qciRxrlTFGc

That band is new to me. Sounds like Experimental Black Metal to me which can be quite good depending on what the band does with it. This song sounds quite interesting and I will listen to the whole album in a while.

Crazy Experimental Rock and Grindcore blend which I am not fan of.

Sounds like some standard Black Metal to me. I like the variety of the song and the faster parts have a Blackened Thrash feel to it whie the slower part has some Doom influences.

Cattle Decapitation is some of the few bands that combine Progressive Death Metal and Grindcore. They are not bad but yet again I don't like the Grindcore influences in their music. I will post some Progressive Death Metal that I really like in the next few days. 

mainly grindcore.

Yeah sadly, but thanks for the time you spent anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i know what genres they are breh

Yeah I guessed so but I just wanted to talk about it because you posted stuff and others might be interested as well (heard that Scalzo is a brutal fucker).

Anyways I am going to post some more music that I like so you can check it (if you want to):

Unhuman is a great band for Progressive Technical Death Metal:

As I said mixes of Black and Death Metal are really interesting for me. Temple of Baal from France did a great job on their last album:

Some Brutal Death Metal with Slam parts as well:

And Scarab from Egypt with some solid Death Metal from 2015 (yes the title says 2013 but it is one of the songs that is on their 2015 album):

Unknown german Death Metal that is pretty dark. Venenum is a great band and their concert was insane: