hapaxlegomena

Music Thread

What are some other solid releases from this year/end of last year?

I really got into The 1975 last year. Their album came out last September... been listening to it ever since.

Really enjoying Coldplay's new release as well. Great for night drives. Makes me wish I had somewhere to go right about now. :)

It was an awesome show, but not quite as good as the last time I saw them. They didn't play for over two hours like last time, but I am blaming that on the venue since there was definitely a strict time limit. I did get to shake Gira's hand though, which is always a treat. 

Seeing them again in July.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really got into The 1975 last year. Their album came out last September... been listening to it ever since.

Really enjoying Coldplay's new release as well. Great for night drives. Makes me wish I had somewhere to go right about now. :)

Stop talking. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wrong thread.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you like Angel Olsen check out Marissa Nadler's album July from this year. Sounding really good these last few days. More twangy dark/neo folk basically, although not nearly as twangy as Angel.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shabazz, Holden, TOKi, Caribou, Gary Numan, of Montreal, Jon Hopkins, Mount Kimbie, The Field, and Jessy Lanza... yeah that is a solid lineup right now. I would go to that.

Like I listened to it a few weeks ago when it came out, but just going back to it lately and it's definitely right up there with The Seer

ben-frost-aurora.jpg

Ben Frost - Aurora

only a couple of songs in and I have to go out now, but so far it sounds good. Ender and Dan I'm sure yous would like it