hapaxlegomena

Music Thread

I don't know much about rock opera so maybe I'm missing some of the good stuff

it's the only good rock opera

Usually I avoid making absolute statements if I dont know what I am talking about. You consistently do it in the general political discussion thread. Very niave. Sad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ok let me help you out: the whole meatloaf bit was just a joke. I listened to that album a lot when i was a kid and i'm very nostalgic towards it but I don't actually believe that it's a top 10 album of the 90s. I don't know anything about rock opera and im sorry for acting like i did

i stand by the things I say in the politics thread as i believe them to be true. i may not present my arguments in the most coherent manner but i do follow and read about the things i post 

Video is incredible but I'm def liking the song aswell. Like people are saying though, Kendrick has a precedent for misleading singles

I've Seen Footage and The Fever were facemelting live

When I first started listening to the album, it took a few tries to actually finish it because I kept on repeating Get Got before I could move on

I'm hoping there's someone around here that's ready to be totally fucking hyped over new QOTSA with me. Looks like a single and album details will be coming on 4/25

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the new Gorillaz tracks. This one is my least favorite of the 5. The only one I've dug a lot so far is the one that leaked and hasn't been released yet. Andromeda is my favorite of the released bunch, but I'm still kind of lukewarm on it. Saturnz Barz could have really done better without Popcaan and with less repetitive instrumentals. They're all pretty derivative songs for a band known for being ahead of the curve. I'm hoping that some of the album tracks are a bit more noteworthy
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the new Gorillaz tracks. This one is my least favorite of the 5. The only one I've dug a lot so far is the one that leaked and hasn't been released yet. Andromeda is my favorite of the released bunch, but I'm still kind of lukewarm on it. Saturnz Barz could have really done better without Popcaan and with less repetitive instrumentals. They're all pretty derivative songs for a band known for being ahead of the curve. I'm hoping that some of the album tracks are a bit more noteworthy

idk i think it's pretty good but Andromeda is definitely the best of the bunch. the other two are just ok but I've always been like 50/50 on gorillaz songs. I'm really hoping the Kali uchis tracks are dope bc i feel like she's a great feature for their style

whats up with all the rap in the new gorillaz album?

i've never heard rap on gorillaz songs be4

• Upvote (+1) 1

i've never heard rap on gorillaz songs be4

the entire balance fell off. more into the funky instrumental pieces and crunchy grooves they come up with. its dat feel good music. obviously i like their vocal pieces, but this rap is less melodic