hapaxlegomena

Music Thread

New #1 DJ in the world is HARDWELL!!!

Proud to be dutch, altough armin is dutch, i dont like trance.

In my eyes he is way better.

All prizes to dutch dj's:

#1 = Hardwell

Highest new entry = Dyro at #30

Legend (best dj of last 20 years) = Tiësto = :goat:

In the top 10, 5 are dutch.

More stats coming soon :gandhi:

• Downvote (-1) 1

Do you actually like Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines??

I hate blurred lines, but there is one remix that i really like:

Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines (DallasK Remix)

It's funny, as I primarily listen to metal, I've only had a handful of releases this year, and even then only a few of them have been amazing.

I gotta say my top 3 for the year so far are

Hail To The King - Avenged Sevenfold

Temper Temper - Bullet for my Valentine

Vengeance Falls - Trivium

Black Sabbath's 13 is also pretty damn good, but I personally didn't enjoy it as much as those. HTTK is miles ahead of anything that was released this year in my opinion, but that's just my opinion.

• Downvote (-1) 1

u gotta be trollin me

Negative ghost rider.

Top 5 Favorite bands of all time are as follows:

1. Metallica 

2. Avenged Sevenfold

3. Bullet for my Valentine

4. All That Remains

5. Atreyu

Honorable mentions are Megadeth, Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, Pantera.

And as a guitarist/vocalist, my biggest influences in terms of players are: For Rhythm, riffs and vocals: James Hetfield and Matt Tuck. Lead guitar is Synyster Gates, easily. For drums, The Rev and Jason Costa are my biggest influences, but I'm not much of a drummer, just play it from time to time.

Metalcore, at least the founders of it, are some of my favorite  bands, and respectably they will be looked back on as this generation of metal's Big 4, similar to Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Antrhax of the 80s

Avenged Sevenfold is the new Metallica

Bullet for my Valentine is Megadeth

Trivium is Slayer

Atreyu/All That Remains fills the Anthrax spot.

So personally, I don't care if they aren't "TRU METHULZ" bands that people like. I dislike Death Metal, Black Metal, those kind of bands. I like bands that work extremely well with vocal harmony and guitar harmony, alongside being overall great songwriters. Also, I personally relate to darker/relationship lyrics than satanic worshiping lyrics like some Death/Black/Viking/Norwegian Metal bands follow.

You can like what you like, and I can like what I like. Simple as that. You have your opinions and I have mine. I'll respect pretty much anything that you listen to, I just ask that you respect my choices of music as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

pls go find the other music thread for your nonsense music

First off, 94e.gif

Second off, please tell me with your refined and exquisite taste of music what is a great metal band.

dvC2Bk2.png

That other thread is absolute garbage, so this thread is for anything that isn't for angsty 14 year old boys finally hitting puberty. The people who enjoy the other thread can enjoy that thread, and the people who don't enjoy that thread can enjoy this thread. There can be peace amongst rival gangs. We can live in harmony as two different threads, but one beating heart. Let's kill a muthafucka about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yea just got done listening to a torrent of it there a minute ago. Really liked it on the first listen, but I'll have to give it another go anyway

Completely forgot that Yeah Yeah Yeah's album came out this year as well as The Field's new album coming out at all.

Sacrilege by YYY goes into tracks of the year and Cupid's Head goes into the albums probably. And the second song on AF's new album "We Exist" is also one of my favs this year.

I've also been thinking it over these last few days after having listened to it several times again for the first time in a while, but Music Has The Right To Children could very well be in my top 3 of all time