hapaxlegomena

Music Thread

Sonic Youth is noise rock and no wave. Pavement is noise/indie rock. 

you need some Slowdive, Ride, Chapterhouse, Have a Nice Life, et cetera. Pinkshinyultrablast + Gliss albums from this year are pretty good too. & more My Bloody Valentine ofc

A Place to Bury Strangers, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Jesu, and Alcest kinda crossbreed, but are firmly rooted in shoegaze. a lot more than SY or Pavement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never saw that lol. Only thing that I got into is wolves in the throne room. No idea how much they would count as blackgaze tho.

usually pegged as atmospheric black metal before blackgaze, but sometimes i just don't really know the difference. might as well be the same thing with a different name. nice call tho, cause Wolves in the Throne Room is awesome as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

usually pegged as atmospheric black metal before blackgaze, but sometimes i just don't really know the difference. might as well be the same thing with a different name. nice call tho, cause Wolves in the Throne Room is awesome as fuck.

Yeah I like them too.

As a fan of extreme metal in general I like how there is still always new stuff to be discovered.

Another great band is Dark Fortress from germany. Last album is melodic/progressive black metal:

You like them? Or are you only into atmospheric black metal?

Iron-Maiden-Book-Of-Souls.jpg

Released today.

If you like any of their newer work(Newer as in after Bruce&Smith rejoined(BNW, AMOLAD, DoD, TFF)) or 7th Son, you'll probably like the whole album. Otherwise there's some Powerslave-ish songs(pretty much all songs that feature Adrian Smith as one of the songwriters has a Powerslave or "old Maiden" sound). And then there's the 18 minute beast "Empire of the Clouds", which, isn't quite anything like what Maiden has done before, but god damn it got so many memorable parts and is overall a song that will get stuck in your head.

They're going on tour next year, and I'm just here waiting to buy tickets.

I'm copping tickets to any dates near me. I was at their first stop of the final frontier tour in Dallas in 2010 and they put on a crazy show. BoS is hella maiden too. First listen and I love it

I am usually not too much into Slam Death Metal but these guys actually don't sound the same in every song (even if they are fairly a lot Brutal Death Metal as well):