hapaxlegomena

Music Thread

I dont know what juke is but I will check out what you recommended, should have a clearer critical view then. Listened a couple times so far and im absolutely hooked.

I dont know what juke is but I will check out what you recommended, should have a clearer critical view then. Listened a couple times so far and im absolutely hooked.

DJ Rashad music = Juke

Other good juke albums:

Traxman - Da Mind of Traxman

RP Boo - Legacy

DJ Roc - The Crack Capone

probably forgetting like 2-3 other worthwhile albums.

Aaaannndd I would highly recommend you download this free compilation of Japanese juke. http://japanesemutationbootyism.bandcamp.com/album/japanese-juke-footworks-compilation

loving it

dj-rashad-double-cup.jpg

this shits real neat, bruh. showed a few of my homeslices this and they're all diggin' it.

god dammit death grips.

whatever the performance you saw doesn't even count because everyone wasn't there.

:salt:  :salt:  :salt:  :salt:

but really I wanted zach hill to be there so bad :(

i still think of missing out on death grips to this day. but i got a 2.1 by the skin of my teeth so it actually might have made a difference.

on a better note i just got tickets for a darkside show in march, and getting st. vincent ticead later in the week, think thats in feb.

but really I wanted zach hill to be there so bad :(

Man I didn't even remember that it was Zach that wasn't there.

Yeah, definitely doesn't count at all. Lack of salt.

i still think of missing out on death grips to this day. but i got a 2.1 by the skin of my teeth so it actually might have made a difference.

Well at least you didn't have to actually purchase tickets just to have their show get cancelled three times.

damn fuckers. st. vincent live would be gr8.

no it sux because you get sucked into the vortex of her beauty and can't concentrate on the performance. 

which I guess is worth it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't stop listening to Banks. I have a real problem.

so this is how my current standing top ten of 2013 is looking

1. The Knife - Shaking the Habitual

2. Matana Roberts - COIN COIN Chapter Two: Mississippi Moonchile

3. Jon Hopkins - Immunity

4. Demdike Stare - Testpressing #001/#002/#003

5. BOY FROOT - LOOTERS MIXTAPE

6. Julia Holter - Loud City Song

7. Paisley Parks - Бh○§†

8. Death Grips - Government Plates

9. Lumigraph - Nautically Inclined

10. Stara Rzeka - Cień chmury nad ukrytym polem  

HM: Huerco S., Jenny Hval, Tim Hecker, Forest Swords, Petre Inspirescu, Blondes, Youth Lagoon

• Upvote (+1) 1

oh man i was gonna post that. It was such a horrible read for me, i had to stop. what do you think of it? The fact you posted it says something.

"This transmissibility of digitized representations has the consequence of severing representation from context, from the various physical, geographical, physiological and social settings that would have once embedded it in a particular set of constraints determining its interpretation and conceptualization."

If I was to write a parody review mocking the style of writing most tmt reviews have, it would probably not be as ridiculous as that one. So contrived

Do you actually like it?

I actually don't find it as grievous as some of the other tmt reviews that wander off with philosophical meanderings because I don't they are that far off the mark as far as the point they're trying to make goes, but I still had to roll my eyes a few times. The guy is obviously intelligent and knows a great deal about that modern binary and metaphysical philosophy he goes HAM over, which I couldn't know any less about, but it gets a little too long winded for a cohesive review imo

Opal Tapes releasing a lot of good shit. Been picking through their releases, and so far only the HOLOVR album has been meh. a lot of people liked that one though. Lumigraph (one of my favorites of the year), OOBE, Shapednoise all rockin' the shit. The 1991 album was pretty good; like a stripped down chillwave.

and here's the extended dub edit of the Jam City high voltage advanced next level shit banger, Her, that against all odds despite its lame title of extended dub is probably better than the original and actually sounds like a rough draft demo of the original but ends up sounding better because of it:

no denying the high voltage of the OG though:

so this is how my current standing top ten of 2013 is looking

1. The Knife - Shaking the Habitual

2. Matana Roberts - COIN COIN Chapter Two: Mississippi Moonchile

lol this might be my top two right here