Nokt

Apex Legends Discussion

Discuss the latest Battle Royale release from Respawn Entertainment!

• Like (+1) 1

I've been playing since Monday and I'm having a blast! First BR game I actually like.

7 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

I've been playing since Monday and I'm having a blast! First BR game I actually like.

Ditto. I've played a ton of BR's since thats what my friends are playing. Never really got that heavy into them, but I'm actually enjoying this one quite a lot.

Monday & Tuesday I was just playing with randoms, today I was able to play with 2 friends and it made it so much more fun. But to be fair this game is pretty fun with the ping system so even with randoms with no mics its still pretty cool.

1 hour ago, Scarecrow said:

Monday & Tuesday I was just playing with randoms, today I was able to play with 2 friends and it made it so much more fun. But to be fair this game is pretty fun with the ping system so even with randoms with no mics its still pretty cool.

The ping system is awesome. Totally intuitive and makes it so that even people without mics can be extremely useful.

I’m so glad FPS Ninja is back with this. I actually wanna watch him now.

• Like (+1) 2

ninja is destroying and really really enjoying it. very good sign! 

i bought titanfall 2 just because of how great apex legends is...i wonder how high its sales will jump now

2 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

ninja is destroying and really really enjoying it. very good sign! 

i bought titanfall 2 just because of how great apex legends is...i wonder how high its sales will jump now

Titanfall actually has a really good campaign mission that is a ton of fun.

The multiplayer has the potential for some sick clips. https://gfycat.com/affectionateleafygermanwirehairedpointer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Saw people who claimed they hated BR say they enjoyed it, so figured I'd give it a try.

I'll give it credit for being well designed for what it is.  It has tons of common sense refinements of the BR genre and is perhaps the "best" BR out there.

Having the squad leader automatically control where everyone in the squad drops is a nice feature that helps alleviate newbs just dropping in random spots on the map (though you can still choose to break off).  The game has text chat (thank god) and a pretty intuitive ping system, still baffles me that Fortnite doesn't at least have text.  The fact that you can resurrect dead teammates but only if you reach them fast enough and only at specific locations (and then they spawn empty anyways) is a nice twist that helps reduce how much of a waiting game the genre is, I feel like it's balanced for all those reasons.  The classes are...eh.  None of them really feel all that impactful but I guess you could consider that a good thing, kind of wish there wasn't a pick one limit.  Weapon projectile speed is just right.  Sliding is a nice mechanic and the world design lends itself well to it, would be more fun if jumping after had more launch force.  

Only criticisms I can think of (personal bias aside) are locking some classes behind a paywall is a giant red flag prone to Pay2Win, and the matches feel kind of dead with only 60 players.  Their roadmap doesn't look too shiny either unless they're releasing unlisted cosmetics in-between these updates or I'm just missing something, but it's gonna be hard to monetize the game if there's nothing there.  Weapon variety is lacking, tons of functionally similar rifles but nothing exotic like grenade launchers, maybe planned weapon updates will address that.

At the end of the day though I'm not really impressed.  It's still just a typical military-style Battle Royale game, didn't really draw me in as someone who isn't a fan of the genre. 

4 hours ago, Nokt said:

Titanfall actually has a really good campaign mission that is a ton of fun.

The multiplayer has the potential for some sick clips. https://gfycat.com/affectionateleafygermanwirehairedpointer

Like if only I could do anything close to that in Apex Legends. 

And if only Quake Champions wasn't a dying game...

7 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

Saw people who claimed they hated BR say they enjoyed it, so figured I'd give it a try.

I'll give it credit for being well designed for what it is.  It has tons of common sense refinements of the BR genre and is perhaps the "best" BR out there.

Having the squad leader automatically control where everyone in the squad drops is a nice feature that helps alleviate newbs just dropping in random spots on the map (though you can still choose to break off).  The game has text chat (thank god) and a pretty intuitive ping system, still baffles me that Fortnite doesn't at least have text.  The fact that you can resurrect dead teammates but only if you reach them fast enough and only at specific locations (and then they spawn empty anyways) is a nice twist that helps reduce how much of a waiting game the genre is, I feel like it's balanced for all those reasons.  The classes are...eh.  None of them really feel all that impactful but I guess you could consider that a good thing, kind of wish there wasn't a pick one limit.  Weapon projectile speed is just right.  Sliding is a nice mechanic and the world design lends itself well to it, would be more fun if jumping after had more launch force.  

Only criticisms I can think of (personal bias aside) are locking some classes behind a paywall is a giant red flag prone to Pay2Win, and the matches feel kind of dead with only 60 players.  Their roadmap doesn't look too shiny either unless they're releasing unlisted cosmetics in-between these updates or I'm just missing something, but it's gonna be hard to monetize the game if there's nothing there.  Weapon variety is lacking, tons of functionally similar rifles but nothing exotic like grenade launchers, maybe planned weapon updates will address that.

At the end of the day though I'm not really impressed.  It's still just a typical military-style Battle Royale game, didn't really draw me in as someone who isn't a fan of the genre. 

Like if only I could do anything close to that in Apex Legends. 

And if only Quake Champions wasn't a dying game...

Pathfinder can to an extent. His short zip line can get you small boost over smaller buildings. If you situate his large zip line just right you can send yourself flying an extremely large distance. 

None of the rifles really feel similar at all to me. DMR feels nothing like the G7, Flatline feels nothing like the R301. Granted as a weapon they are extremely similar, but small details like ROF, recoil, and damage separate them enough for me. I’d imagine weapons, maps, characters, are all on the way in addition to the roadmap they released. 

14 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

Only criticisms I can think of (personal bias aside) are locking some classes behind a paywall is a giant red flag prone to Pay2Win,

?

The charterers you have to purchase to obtain can be unlocked by just playing the game, so I wouldn't consider those to be locked behind a paywall.

16 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Ninja wins the first Apex event, what a shocker. lol

he won the first h4 event and he ALMOST won the first reach event :salt: 

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

EDIT: I have no idea how to link tweets

once you paste a link there should be an option at the bottom of the window to change it to "PLAIN TEXT"

7 hours ago, Knighty Knight said:

has this happened to you @Nokt

I swear this game creates more entertainment than any other game ive played - I WAS CRYING FOR 3 MINUTES

Saw this on Youtube and had no idea I was even subbed lol. It gave me a good chuckle.

• Like (+1) 1