CyReN

Soccer/Football Thread

1.City/Chelsea

2.City/Chelsea

3. Man United 

4.Spurs/Arsenal

5.Spurs/Arsenal

6.Everton

Honestly to me it seems like a toss up between the Chelsea and City, same goes for that final Champions League spot between Arsenal and Tottenham. It should be an exciting season no matter what happens though. 

Still bittersweet to see RVP pot 2 home for ManU, they played well.

Surprised we don't have a Premier League Fantasy league going, do we want one?

Im in one with friends but im down for another one! Who wants to start it? Everyone would need to post their email if they want to join

I'll start up one if no one else wants to?

Go right ahead. Isn't it like MLS where you get a code and we just have to type in the code to enter?

On topic: hundred of people, myself included are hitting the refresh button on the TFC forums. Lots of rumours that Urruti is boarding a flight to Toronto tonight to sign a 2 and half year contract. Again, we have heard a lot of this, but we all really hope its true

Go right ahead. Isn't it like MLS where you get a code and we just have to type in the code to enter?

On topic: hundred of people, myself included are hitting the refresh button on the TFC forums. Lots of rumours that Urruti is boarding a flight to Toronto tonight to sign a 2 and half year contract. Again, we have heard a lot of this, but we all really hope its true

Da fuck, I thought he played last Saturday....

brb checkin on R/MLS and the TFC forums...

*edit* 

Just read the MLS summer transfer window is now closed so the possibility of him coming over is slim to none at this point.

Da fuck, I thought he played last Saturday....

brb checkin on R/MLS and the TFC forums...

*edit* 

Just read the MLS summer transfer window is now closed so the possibility of him coming over is slim to none at this point.

If he is released by Newell is eligible to come over.

Beyond Premier League

www.premierleague.com

thats the league name for the EPL fantasy league I created, and the join code is 1029623-342447

just search it and use the code to join. All are welcome.

Let me know if there are any problems!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah we all do, im just asking when you create a league, just you only need a code?

Just make it and post it here haha

Btw, the MLS Salary list has been put up if you havn't seen it yet: http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/August%201,%202013%20Salary%20Information%20-%20By%20Club.pdf

I would do anything to be earning 30k at this point.  Those playing professionally in MLS should be lucky enough to even have a job even though they are benching the entire season and just being used as practice players and getting some Reserve team games in.  

30k to play professional soccer?  Count me in.

On another note, I really hope the LA Galaxy turn it around and get hot like last year.  They were robbed of a win last Saturday at FC Dallas. 

And just looked at LA's salary...Gyasi Zardes makes 173k.....FML 

Joined the league, good luck to all!

And I agree, the players are really not making much at all. It really isn't the greatest lifestyle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I use sky sports for fantasy football.

Watched the Arsenal city game the other day, thought we played class!!! Class > Cash, but it all comes down to how we perform in season, if we can get Gustavo + suarez then we are title contenders.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I use sky sports for fantasy football.

Watched the Arsenal city game the other day, thought we played class!!! Class > Cash, but it all comes down to how we perform in season, if we can get Gustavo + suarez then we are title contenders.

Yoann Gourcuff wants to come to Arsenal and would take a wage cut to join us. :-)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like Suarez is staying in Liverpool. And Metalist just got expelled from CL, anyone think Fenerbache will as well? If that does happen would Arsenal just get a bye into group stage?

Urutti is finally in Toronto, bout time holy crap! Can't wait to hear the story on this one, honestly the most messed up transfer I have seen. This crap has been going on since May, took them this long.

The funniest thing about Liverpool/Suarez is that they have been defending him for so long, racial abuse, biting, cheating (diving, handballs etc.) and once he asked for a transfer the RAWK forums blew up with how much of a dickhead he is and how much all the fans hated him. Now that he is staying, they will go right back to defending him as if nothing ever happened. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

On the friendlies front, Uruguay looked solid in a 4-2 win over Japan...while my countries since Canada is awful have some easy games really. (Liechenstein really?)

USA I see is playing Bosnia, that will be a game to watch!

haha, I've been a sounders fan (not diehard like I should be) for a while now just bc of their kits (xbox) and the support they have which is crazy.... with the addition of Dempsey (my favorite USMNT player) I will 10000% get behind them now. I got timbers for 100% and sounders for 92% lol. Funny test though!

haha, I've been a sounders fan (not diehard like I should be) for a while now just bc of their kits (xbox) and the support they have which is crazy.... with the addition of Dempsey (my favorite USMNT player) I will 10000% get behind them now. I got timbers for 100% and sounders for 92% lol. Funny test though!

Ouch don't think the Sounders will accept you getting Portland of all teams :p haha