CyReN

Soccer/Football Thread

Everyone on this team looks like they don't give a flying fuck how the club does. Fucking pathetic.

Moyes needs some backing from the board in the transfer window.... that and he needs to hire SAF for a couple hours and let him batter the players.... so far it has been a perfect storm for us going down the drain, players not performing up to what they are capable of, moyes tactics (or lack thereof), his not being backed by the board and ed woodward in the summer, Moyes lack of motivation for the players....

Our best player this season and the player who looks the most inspired to play is Rooney, and that is a guy who wanted to leave in the summer (allegedly)

In other news I started a career mode last night and took over as manager at Manchester United, bought Reus and Matic as my first two pieces of business and Real Madrid asked me for 45 mill for Rooney. So I jokingly sent a counter-offer of 100 mill thinking they wouldn't accept.... They accepted lol. So I took that money and got Mata and Ross Barkley.

I saved all of this season as "If Only"

Feel bad for the guy. Was basically a waterboy in 2006, didn't get picked in 2010 and now missing 2014. Tough break for a good player

So pissed when I heard that news. England fans prob arent happy either. Would he have made the final squad you think?

So pissed when I heard that news. England fans prob arent happy either. Would he have made the final squad you think?

I think hes easily on the squad and pushing for starting xi or consistently in the matchday squad

A lot of English fans have there head up there own arse and making comments such as 'A blow for Arsenal but not for England'.... yeah sure.

Really pissed off with this news.

There are only a few players that would cost england and their club a ton if they went down injured. Not sure Walcott is one of them. I'd take Lallana over him ATM at least in the starting XI

Still a blow for England, his pace is phenomenal against any team we play, Lallana is better suited as a CAM for England, let's hope Townsend can keep performing even against the big clubs.

Yeah like I said earlier Walcott was definitely a lock for matchday squad, and maybe even 11. Still a blow for England I was just saying that it is more of a blow to arsenal than it is to england, still a blow though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's a good player but is replaceable, if someone like Rooney, Gerrard, Baines/Cole were missing it would be a lot worse.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can live w/o Gerrard. I never understood putting him in the middle with Lampard before. Virtually the same player

Gerrard isn't half the player he was. Can't believe people still want him starting for England. Let alone Liverpool.

Each team has better options.

I can live w/o Gerrard. I never understood putting him in the middle with Lampard before. Virtually the same player

Two completely different players but are compared because they were the talisman for their respective teams.  Gerrard passes better than most players in the England team and him and Wilshere playing together would be good for England.  

Here's how I would set up the England team:

Hart

Johnson/Clyne - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines 

Gerrard - Wilshere

Welbeck - Rooney - Lallana

Sturridge

Could have Barkley in Rooney's spot with Rooney up front but think above is the strongest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gerrard has been consistently been one of Englands best performers since taking over the captaincy, and no, there are not better options at Liverpool. 

Liverpool absolutely looks better when the ball is running more through Coutinho than Gerrard. When he is out, that happens. 

- Coutinho hasnt got that much more of the ball since Gerrard has been out. I really like coutinho but he is very wasteful. 15games 2 goals 2 assists 59 shots, to gerrards 16games 3 goals 6 assists and 29 shots.

-they dont play in the same position so i dont see how coutinho is a better option

-henderson has been the player who has noticeably improved, more freedom going forward. allen who has been tasked with staying further back has looked average and gerrard is defintely the better option. 

-the reason no ones thinks the same as you is because you are wrong lol

Gerrard is a holding midfielder now in a role that Scholes took on toward the end of his career.  Scholes dictating play didn't hinder the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, etc leading the attack essentially.  Coutinho can still be as effective as he wants to be even with Gerrard in the lineup I mean the ball has to go through the holding midfielders at some point it's not like it's any different when Allen, Henderson, or Lucas are playing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1