CyReN

Soccer/Football Thread

Anyone, particularly kwozy and mountain, think United will buy in the window? Moyes hinted at bringing back some players from loan spells. Would be interesting to see, Powell, lingard, and tunicliffe the ones I think he mentioned if I'm not mistaken. Don't get me wrong, united are all about academy products, I believe they have had an academy player play in every single game for like 3,000+ running.... Just think if he recalls some loan spells we need a solid CM too. Hard to buy in the window before the World Cup so I'm not getting my hopes too high, guess we will see

Powell, Lingard, and Tunnicliffe are mostly attacking midfielders and Powell and Lingard are naturally strikers.  Someone like Yohan Cabaye would be perfect for United to be honest and he wants to leave Newcastle as well.  

Dempsey 2 month Loan back in the PL.

I missed all of the games as there was a major storm and I had no power for few days, so judging from highlights some good games. And the top of the table truly interesting.

Agreed that Suarez is the best player right now, I would of actually put him ahead of Ribery for Ballon D'or..but only cause of his other actions is prob why he isnt on there.

Anyone, particularly kwozy and mountain, think United will buy in the window? Moyes hinted at bringing back some players from loan spells. Would be interesting to see, Powell, lingard, and tunicliffe the ones I think he mentioned if I'm not mistaken. Don't get me wrong, united are all about academy products, I believe they have had an academy player play in every single game for like 3,000+ running.... Just think if he recalls some loan spells we need a solid CM too. Hard to buy in the window before the World Cup so I'm not getting my hopes too high, guess we will see

I could another run for Baines. Maybe go for Herrera again. I don't see him buying anyone that United hasn't been heavily linked to

• Upvote (+1) 1

Powell, Lingard, and Tunnicliffe are mostly attacking midfielders and Powell and Lingard are naturally strikers.  Someone like Yohan Cabaye would be perfect for United to be honest and he wants to leave Newcastle as well.  

Yeah I agree, only reason powell has been scoring for wigan is bc he is playing as a striker. Hearing strong rumors of a reported bid for Koke from Atletico, would be a solid pickup at least for the time being. 

Cabaye would be good, especially since he is not cup tied in Champions league, most of the big name players we need would be cup tied in champions league and wouldnt want to not be playing champions league leading up to a world cup.... 

I could another run for Baines. Maybe go for Herrera again. I don't see him buying anyone that United hasn't been heavily linked to

Yeah I  could see that too. Strong rumors swirling about a bid for Koke as soon as the window opens... guess we will see.

BBC reporting that United are going to bid 15 million for Lallana.  There's no way we sell our captain in January and I don't think we even sell him in the Summer either.  We aren't a selling club anymore and I think the top teams will realize that soon enough.

BBC reporting that United are going to bid 15 million for Lallana.  There's no way we sell our captain in January and I don't think we even sell him in the Summer either.  We aren't a selling club anymore and I think the top teams will realize that soon enough.

Just sounds to me like the usual bull from media/journos

Highly doubt you sell your captain, much less one of the best performers on your team this season

Isn't he one of the few that rode out the rough period with the club and stuck with them until they came back to PL ?

Just sounds to me like the usual bull from media/journos

Highly doubt you sell your captain, much less one of the best performers on your team this season

Isn't he one of the few that rode out the rough period with the club and stuck with them until they came back to PL ?

Yes, he was wanted by Premier League clubs even before we went into administration and he still stuck with us through all of that.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, he was wanted by Premier League clubs even before we went into administration and he still stuck with us through all of that.  

Yeah would be very tough to get rid of him and I highly doubt they would do that, plus very influential in the dressing room too most likely

? You mean how good City are? at home? 

I personally thought City played below their normal standard of play at home.... but Liverpool had some great moments too. Would have been some goal in the first half with the flick over the top and the touch down to coutinho, a draw would have been fair but City did well for their remarkable 9th win at home. If they start getting results on the road its their title. 

Tough way to lose today. Should have probably at least earned the draw even after being down a man for 3/4 of the match. Some great goal keeping though. 

Need to make sure we don't make it 2 loses in a row. 

Tough way to lose today. Should have probably at least earned the draw even after being down a man for 3/4 of the match. Some great goal keeping though. 

Need to make sure we don't make it 2 loses in a row. 

I'd have no problem with Everton losing their next match :D

Some good matches on Sunday Everton/Southampton, Newcastle/Arsenal, Chelsea/Liverpool

Yeah that offside was absolutely terrible.... Don't spurs have a decent matchup as well on Sunday? I knew about the other 3 I just thought I remembered spurs having a pretty evenly matched opponent. Might be wrong though

Reus to United for 40 million rumours are surfacing, the January Transfer window is evidently coming soon lol

rumored to chelsea as well, this month is fucking annoying.

Martinez also saying that Everton wouldn't accept 85 million for Ross Barkley.  The owner would take that in a heart beat, you could reinvest that into a deep squad of your own players with that kind of money.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Martinez also saying that Everton wouldn't accept 85 million for Ross Barkley.  The owner would take that in a heart beat, you could reinvest that into a deep squad of your own players with that kind of money.

Cause we're selling him for 100! A man can dream.