CyReN

Soccer/Football Thread

DeRo is over the hill.  He's done IMO.  He's pretty old at this point.

This or next season will be his last.  You just watch.

Dont disagree with you, hes 35. But its good for TFC which is a mostly young team, and at a low contract. Cmon when was anytime you can say they had a good off-season, really happy with what they have done so far.  He will provide that leadership they need, and could come on as a late sub to get something going.

Spurs are being linked with Pochettino which is complete bulls***, if Daniel Levy came up to Nicola Cortese asking about Pochettino he'd tell him where to stick it. 

Is Negredo left footed then? I was under the impression he was right footed.

He is a lefty. 

Ronaldo was in better form until he got hurt.

look at who he has around him compared to Suarez right now though, I'd still say Suarez even if Ronaldo was healthy

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont care how well we are doing., Pardews grin as we are winning at the end of the game is still annoying

Coleman had himself a nice strike today. He also was probably MOTM. What a game from him. 

coleman-goal-take-2.gif

And the winner from Barkley was beautiful as well. 

22-12-2013-GifNumber-15.gif

It's kinda amazing Everton are sitting tied for fourth right now and on a ten game unbeaten run. 

Here are the opponents over the next 6 bolded are away

Sunderland, Southampton, Stoke, QPR, Norwich, West Brom

It looks like they are in a great place to make a run, but some of these teams have always been pretty good at taking points. If Everton can put together some wins and hopefully beat Southampton who I'm really worried about they could be looking at a solid spot in the top 4 before the schedule starts to pick up again. 

liverpool top at christmas, never would have thunk it. 

if we can remain in the top four after the next couple games (away to city and chelsea) we will be in a very good positon, having then played away to arsenal, everton, tottenham, city and chelsea

edit: incl newcastle, every team in the top7

It's kinda amazing Everton are sitting tied for fourth right now and on a ten game unbeaten run. 

Here are the opponents over the next 6 bolded are away

Sunderland, Southampton, Stoke, QPR, Norwich, West Brom

It looks like they are in a great place to make a run, but some of these teams have always been pretty good at taking points. If Everton can put together some wins and hopefully beat Southampton who I'm really worried about they could be looking at a solid spot in the top 4 before the schedule starts to pick up again. 

If we have the almighty GOAT combo of Danny Fox and Jos Hooiveld playing then watch out lol.  Hopefully Shaw and Fonte are back to match fitness by Thursday's match if not the Everton match. 

If we have the almighty GOAT combo of Danny Fox and Jos Hooiveld playing then watch out lol.  Hopefully Shaw and Fonte are back to match fitness by Thursday's match if not the Everton match. 

Same for Baines. Looks like he'll be ready to go for Sunderland. 

Same for Baines. Looks like he'll be ready to go for Sunderland. 

At least you have a decent back up if not, left back is our only position where we don't have a viable replacement especially when Clyne is injured as well as he would play left back and Chambers at Right back.

At least you have a decent back up if not, left back is our only position where we don't have a viable replacement especially when Clyne is injured as well as he would play left back and Chambers at Right back.

Is that where Southampton will try and buy some depth? I have no clue what their plan is for this transfer window. 

Is that where Southampton will try and buy some depth? I have no clue what their plan is for this transfer window. 

Apparently it's going to be a quiet window for us but I think that will dependent upon the Boruc, Wanyama, and Clyne injuries.

Anyone, particularly kwozy and mountain, think United will buy in the window? Moyes hinted at bringing back some players from loan spells. Would be interesting to see, Powell, lingard, and tunicliffe the ones I think he mentioned if I'm not mistaken. Don't get me wrong, united are all about academy products, I believe they have had an academy player play in every single game for like 3,000+ running.... Just think if he recalls some loan spells we need a solid CM too. Hard to buy in the window before the World Cup so I'm not getting my hopes too high, guess we will see

I've been hearing plenty of 20 million+ for Baines while Martinez continues to refuse that we are going to sell him.