CyReN

Soccer/Football Thread

Arsenal's weaknesses will be exposed heavily by Bayern in my opinion. 

Arsenal's fixtures in February and March:

February: Liverpool (A) Man United (H) Munich (H)

March: Munich (A) Tottenham (A) Chelsea (A) City (H)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe Gerrard really is holding back the midfield of this Liverpool side. 

Really?  He's been there such a long time and is basically a Liverpool legend.

He is getting old though....

wouldnt jump to any conclusions after one game

Gerrard has our most assists this season

i would be interested to see his ground covered per game compared to some other CM

I think I'm the only chelsea supporter that didn't want to face Didi

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I'm the only chelsea supporter that didn't want to face Didi

The match in Turkey will be tough and the supporters may have a tough time getting behind the team at home with a club legend playing against them since that's going to be the main focus and everyone knows that.  I would be thinking the same with you on that one for those reasons if I were a Chelsea supporter.

Not sure if anyone has seen this, not sure if it's a hoax either. Interesting to me nevertheless. 

https://twitter.com/uefacorruption

It's bull, they tweet every possible combination before the draw, delete the ones that don't happen, then change the account from private to public. A bunch of these popped up for the WC draw too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not sure if anyone has seen this, not sure if it's a hoax either. Interesting to me nevertheless. 

https://twitter.com/uefacorruption

Its a complete hoax, somebody did the same thing for the world cup draw

what they do is tweet all of the possible combinations of games and then when the draw happens they delete all the other tweets except the right ones, then just act like they knew what was gonna happen already

LOL my bad to 2pro4show I was looking through the other page and didn't see you post this lol we said the exact same thing 

The desire Sunderland show against the big clubs is extraordinary. Especially when you compare it to the performances against clubs around us. Of course If we could stop putting the ball behind our own keeper it would be easier. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The desire Sunderland show against the big clubs is extraordinary. Especially when you compare it to the performances against clubs around us. Of course If we could stop putting the ball behind our own keeper it would be easier. 

No different than any other team really when they play the big teams

You showed desire during extra time, other than that none at all. We deserved to lose after conceding, but you didn't deserve an equalizer or to even be on the same pitch for 88 minutes.

You should desire during extra time, other than that none at all. We deserved to lose after conceding, but you didn't deserve an equalizer or to even be on the same pitch for 88 minutes.

Yeah, I didn't see the first 90 minutes of the match so i kinda got a different picture of the game. 

Wes Brown if healthy, is honestly one of the best CBs in the league. I loved him at United and still love him at Sunderland.

Wes Brown if healthy, is honestly one of the best CBs in the league. I loved him at United and still love him at Sunderland.

OMG WHAT?!?! Wes Brown has to be one of the worst players to play for United, only ever was rated because he was at United.  Plays like he has two left feet ffs.  How he ever got into the England team baffles me as well.  You have just compared him to the likes of Kompany, Agger, Skrtel, Vidic, Koscielny and many others and there is just no comparison.  Obviously it's your opinion but just confuses me how you could compare him to that caliber of player.

OMG WHAT?!?! Wes Brown has to be one of the worst players to play for United, only ever was rated because he was at United.  Plays like he has two left feet ffs.  How he ever got into the England team baffles me as well.  You have just compared him to the likes of Kompany, Agger, Skrtel, Vidic, Koscielny and many others and there is just no comparison.  Obviously it's your opinion but just confuses me how you could compare him to that caliber of player.

I said one of the best? Obviously has nothing on Kompany (Best in the league IMO) but vidic is getting old and as much as I rate him he's had some mares this year, skrtel same principle, koscielny and agger haven't been as consistent as the likes of kompany and vidic for years. I still think hes got talent left and hes been around for a long time. Hes solid, good in the air, good in the tackle.... maybe Im just rating him based on longevity? 

Sorry Harville, I think you are way off on calling him one of the best CBs in the league. There are many CBs Id rather have over Brown.

Other news, looks like De Ro is back at TFC, get the check ready.

I said one of the best? Obviously has nothing on Kompany (Best in the league IMO) but vidic is getting old and as much as I rate him he's had some mares this year, skrtel same principle, koscielny and agger haven't been as consistent as the likes of kompany and vidic for years. I still think hes got talent left and hes been around for a long time. Hes solid, good in the air, good in the tackle.... maybe Im just rating him based on longevity? 

Okay you may actually be delusional at this point, this is WES BROWN we're talking about, he would be the 5th best centre back at Southampton right now let alone one of the best in the league.  He's never had talent really at all, he was only one of  those fringe players Fergie kept around that he could use at CB or RB if he was riddled with injuries.  You say he's one of the best when he wouldn't get into many teams in the Premier League maybe Crystal Palace and Sunderland obviously.  You probably rated Eric Djemba-Djemba as well because he played for United.

Okay you may actually be delusional at this point, this is WES BROWN we're talking about, he would be the 5th best centre back at Southampton right now let alone one of the best in the league.  He's never had talent really at all, he was only one of  those fringe players Fergie kept around that he could use at CB or RB if he was riddled with injuries.  You say he's one of the best when he wouldn't get into many teams in the Premier League maybe Crystal Palace and Sunderland obviously.  You probably rated Eric Djemba-Djemba as well because he played for United.

Nope, got plenty of guys I dont rate, never saw Djemba x2 play though couldnt watch many games back then, and started watching around start of 06-07 season and I think he was gone by then not really sure. 

Don't get me wrong that was a great strike, but one good goal doesn't make Young good enough for me. Not United quality at all. Needs to get out in Jan or Summer.