CyReN

Soccer/Football Thread

Referee goes down with a nose injury after Sissoko accidentally hit him in the face and a fight on the benches lol what a last 10 minutes of that match.  I'll take the point since we got dominated in the first half, Lallana and Schneiderlin completely changed the game in the second half.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Referee goes down with a nose injury after Sissoko accidentally hit him in the face and a fight on the benches lol what a last 10 minutes of that match.  I'll take the point since we got dominated in the first half, Lallana and Schneiderlin completely changed the game in the second half.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=630839473629913&set=vb.199098633470668&type=2&theater

What a fucking pussy, haha... Really Mike Jones???

Hes the beachball ref dont forget. Watched the game, was little surprised that Lallana didnt start though. Any reason for that Defiant?

Also man the City/Arsenal game looked like a house league game, just awful defense all over the place. Was awful to watch.

And 2pro, dont believe Larson, honestly he has improved but don't believe anything anyone says, until we see a picture with Defoe and the jersey. Remember Forlan?? how many times has defoe "signed" already? Ive seen about 5 articles saying Gilardino is going to sign as well -.-

Not our most impressive performance today. Really didn't push for that second goal after Osman's first, but when it went 1-1 we started to pick it up and looked a lot better. 

Worried about the hamstring for Deulofeu a little bit. 

Hes the beachball ref dont forget. Watched the game, was little surprised that Lallana didnt start though. Any reason for that Defiant?

Also man the City/Arsenal game looked like a house league game, just awful defense all over the place. Was awful to watch.

And 2pro, dont believe Larson, honestly he has improved but don't believe anything anyone says, until we see a picture with Defoe and the jersey. Remember Forlan?? how many times has defoe "signed" already? Ive seen about 5 articles saying Gilardino is going to sign as well -.-

I figure it's because he's picked up a knock in training or just was jaded from playing in every match so far this season.  He completely changed the game when he came on and Rodriguez moved central. 

Yeah I know re:Forlan but these rumours have been going on a lot longer than the ones with Forlan did, and Bez already looks way more competent than Payne, I'm confident he can get this done. I don't think Larson would publish a story like that on bad info. And Kelly's article breaking the Gilberto deal means he obviously has an in with the club, so I'm assuming the rest of that story was accurate as well, and he said the Defoe negotiations were going well. Wileman reported about 4 or 5 days ago that we made significant progress with Defoe too. Things just seem to be falling in line with one another.

I don't think Defoe has signed the contract yet, but given Larson's report I think his signature is a formality.

Yeah I know re:Forlan but these rumours have been going on a lot longer than the ones with Forlan did, and Bez already looks way more competent than Payne, I'm confident he can get this done. I don't think Larson would publish a story like that on bad info. And Kelly's article breaking the Gilberto deal means he obviously has an in with the club, so I'm assuming the rest of that story was accurate as well, and he said the Defoe negotiations were going well. Wileman reported about 4 or 5 days ago that we made significant progress with Defoe too. Things just seem to be falling in line with one another.

I don't think Defoe has signed the contract yet, but given Larson's report I think his signature is a formality.

You have way too much trust in the media

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll take the point since we got dominated in the first half, Lallana and Schneiderlin completely changed the game in the second half.

Usual Pardew shit of being unable to counter another managers tactics.

No I don't, I'm just familiar with these guys. Larson rarely breaks transfers so when he does I put a decent amount of stock in it. He broke the Urruti transfer for instance. Wileman is very well respected and always has rock solid info. A week ago I would've dismissed Kelly's article outright, as I do with basically everything he writes because he constantly posts click bait garbage and has never shown himself to have reliable sources. But he revealed our interest in Gilberto out of nowhere and two days later we had signed him. Most people think he's being fed information from TFC, maybe from Leiweke himself.

I was skeptical about the Mirror report, the optics of this look much better.

Toronto Sun has already released tomorrow's headline saying "Defoe Signs" or something like that.  srs.  

Every Brazilian on reddit said Gilberto sucks lol

also, Ozil has always been like that, he rarely goes and thanks away supporters.

finally, defoe signed, I have an in with AVB.

• Upvote (+1) 1

WOW! 

AVB sacked

Man city vs Barca

Arsenal vs Bayern

Drogba facing Chelsea!! 

All of these should be fun!

Who's been rumored to replace AVB? Capello?