CyReN

Soccer/Football Thread

Dont forget when Sir Alex began, Man U finished 11th.

This is honestly a great taste of who are the true fans and who are bandwagoners

Dont forget when Sir Alex began, Man U finished 11th.

This is honestly a great taste of who are the true fans and who are bandwagoners

you can't seriously be comparing Moyes and Sir Alex surely?

• Upvote (+1) 1

He obviously isn't, but he is pointing out that managerial transitions can be tough. 

HauntingDigitalGerenuk.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

He obviously isn't, but he is pointing out that managerial transitions can be tough. 

Bingo! And man, how many times can I watch that shot over and over

Yes but Alex Ferguson didn't inherit a title winning side with two of the best strikers in the world. Also didn't waste 27 million on Fellaini when Fergie was only willing to pay that much if he got Baines and Fellaini last season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fellaini is playing out of his position. Isnt being fully utilized on this Man u squad.

Again no comparision to Fergie, Moyes has a lot to learn, just first year though. Give a little time haha

Yes but Alex Ferguson didn't inherit a title winning side with two of the best strikers in the world. Also didn't waste 27 million on Fellaini when Fergie was only willing to pay that much if he got Baines and Fellaini last season.

Like we both just said. It wasn't a comparison, but a statement on how transitions don't always go smoothly.

Like we both just said. It wasn't a comparison, but a statement on how transitions don't always go smoothly.

My point is that the transition should be smooth especially when you inherit such a good side like United have.

Fellaini playing in the position he was playing at Everton still isn't worth 27 million

My point is that the transition should be smooth especially when you inherit such a good side like United have.

Fellaini playing in the position he was playing at Everton still isn't worth 27 million

United is a good side, but we can all agree that they completely over achieved last year? This is a side with some glaring holes for one that is trying to compete for a championship. 

When is it ever smooth though? It hasn't been smooth at City, it hasn't been smooth at Chelsea through multiple coaching changes, it hasn't be smooth at Spurs. 

Hardly anyone walks in and just puts together the same type of run or better. I don't understand what you're getting at. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I do believe City are in 3rd, Chelsea are in 2nd and won a Champions League recently.  Spurs aren't a top 4 side without Bale so they can't be compared to these teams at all and AVB is still a young Manager who is inexperienced in the Premier League.  United have a great attack and midfield, defensively they are lacking a little at centre back but their goalkeeper is one of the best in the Premier League.  Roberto Martinez, Mauricio Pochettino, Steve Clarke, etc are Managers that have bettered their teams fortune almost instantly.  That is just within the last year or so as well.  What I'm getting at is that he was hyped up to be this great manager at Everton so there is no excuse for him to not have a good season with this team.  

Moyes and Woodward have to buy another CB or decide Jones will replace Rio. It's obvious that Rio is pretty much done. They also need to purchase 1 or 2 class midfielders. I am a fan of Ander Herrera but i'm not sure he's much of an upgrade from Fellani or Cleverley (who has played better than i expected this year). If Snejider is available that would be a great purchase. Also STOP PLAYING WELBECK OVER CHICHARITO.

They need to have a successful January Window after the utter disgrace that was this summer. If they repeat that blunder, even the actual fans will call for action.

I do believe City are in 3rd, Chelsea are in 2nd and won a Champions League recently.  Spurs aren't a top 4 side without Bale so they can't be compared to these teams at all and AVB is still a young Manager who is inexperienced in the Premier League.  United have a great attack and midfield, defensively they are lacking a little at centre back but their goalkeeper is one of the best in the Premier League.  Roberto Martinez, Mauricio Pochettino, Steve Clarke, etc are Managers that have bettered their teams fortune almost instantly.  That is just within the last year or so as well.  What I'm getting at is that he was hyped up to be this great manager at Everton so there is no excuse for him to not have a good season with this team.

Successful attack yes, midfield god no.

Just shows you how great saf was that he could win with this team that has obvious holes

World Cup Draw today! 

I'm pumped up!

Looks like a talent show to me, this crap is dragging on too long like I honestly don't care about your culture Brazil I just want to know what group England is going to underachieve in this year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Three groups of death in one world cup is going to make for a very good World Cup

I can't even see one, let alone three....

group D maybe, but that's it

• Upvote (+1) 1

A: Brazil

Croatia (probably, but it wouldn't really be an upset if Mexico got it, even with their terrible form)

B: Spain

Netherlands

C: Ivory Coast

Whoever

D: Uruguay

Italy/England

E: France

Whoever

F: Argentina

Whoever

G: Germany

Portugal

H: Russia

Belgium

Im sorry Americans....

Croatia is looking okay, we should be able to come out of that group!

England....please beat Italy..I am sick of having to listen to them.

I can't even see one, let alone three....

group D maybe, but that's it

You can't see one group of death? 

B= Spain, Chile, Netherlands?

D= Italy, England, Uruguay?

G = Germany, Portugal, USA/Ghana? 

USA/Ghana = two of the best teams in their qualifying regions...

How can you not see at least one of those ?

I would give group G the Ultimate group of death (not by much) just bc Ghana or USA could beat Costa Rica or Australia (both of the lower teams in the other two groups of death) 

B: Spain and Netherlands will go through, its theirs to lose

D: I just said that would be the only one worthy of calling a "group of death"

G: Qualifying through CONCACAF is a joke, being the best in it means pretty much nothing. Bit more credibility in Africa, but they're hardly world beaters...I've no doubt in my mind that Germany and Portugal are going through

Could've had better luck for Italy but I'm honestly fine with Uruguay and England. A draw with Uruguay would be fine, because Italy should beat England and Costa Rica.

lol at the draw for the US. That sucks.

Sad about Chile, they have a great team and they're in tough. Huge accomplishment if they're able to make it out. Bosnia has a great chance of advancing, would enjoy seeing them do so.

Colombia and Ivory Coast out of Group C.

Group A is gonna have some damn close games. Croatia/Cameroon/Mexico can go any way. Croatia is the best team of the 3 but it's no guarantee at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1