CyReN

Soccer/Football Thread

Tell the MLS to ditch the salary cap and lose the 30k minimum salary, not to mention a host of other major detractors that turn players off from the league, such as travel.

Doubt the MLS ever gets a massive TV contract like the Prem has with NBC, even in the next 100 years, the US has way to many other major sports, espeically football that aren't going to be dropped in favour of soccer.

LOL "ditch the salary cap"

Shit son, do you know anything about the recent implementation of Fair Play in Europe?  

And not even in the next 100 years?

Bitch, please.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Shit son, do you know anything about the recent implementation of Fair Play in Europe?  

Bitch, please.

FFP hardly limits any of the big clubs, if anything it has made it more difficult for smaller/medium sized clubs to do business. I'd suggest doing research about FFP before bringing it into an argument. MLS Salary cap is absurdly low, and would have to sky rocket if it wants to see top talent in its prime playing in their league.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bitch, please.

That Fair play thing only makes the top clubs stronger, and can be easily avoided.

Anyways, threw £20 on Newcastle to get relegated after that shit show last night.

Fellaini's buyout clause actually expired. 

What would you take for Fellaini + Baines? I'd say 35-40 is very fair

What would you take for Fellaini + Baines? I'd say 35-40 is very fair

Well it seems like a 35 bid is probably coming, but that is broke down as 23 for Fellaini and 12 for Baines. 

I'm happy to let go of Fellaini for the 23 (even though I would like 28), I think he is a little overvalued after last season and we aren't playing him in a role that would get the most out of him. Baines for 12 is fucking dumb. I can't believe how incredibly undervalued he is. Baines is easily worth 20-25. If teams wanted him for 12 they should have came looking 2 years ago when he was only offensively talented. He is now better offensively and one the top defensive outside backs in this league. 

That Fair play thing only makes the top clubs stronger, and can be easily avoided.

Anyways, threw £20 on Newcastle to get relegated after that shit show last night.

Really? I predict Hull, Crystal Palace and maybe a Stoke could rop (Im not a Mark hughes fan)

I put that bet on every season on principal. I'd do the same with Sunderland but we always get shit odds on relegation. 

Well it seems like a 35 bid is probably coming, but that is broke down as 23 for Fellaini and 12 for Baines. 

I'm happy to let go of Fellaini for the 23 (even though I would like 28), I think he is a little overvalued after last season and we aren't playing him in a role that would get the most out of him. Baines for 12 is fucking dumb. I can't believe how incredibly undervalued he is. Baines is easily worth 20-25. If teams wanted him for 12 they should have came looking 2 years ago when he was only offensively talented. He is now better offensively and one the top defensive outside backs in this league. 

I agree that Baines is undervalued, I guarantee you if he wasnt english he would cost a crap load more. Hes a solid outside back and is very good at creating chances. if he was brazilian or spanish he would be 20-30 no problem.

Kids says MLS won't be big, not even in 100 years.

The EPL, before it was the EPL, was called The Football League and is 125 years old.  EPL was formed in 1992.

SOUNDS LEGIT GUYS. 

/s

That has nothing to do with the MLS becoming big LOL

A big laugh out loud?  A big lion on lion?  A big league of legends?

get the fuck out.

brb soccer critics always talk about how one day the Euro will go to shit and a lot of players will come to america for a legit paycheck....it's already happening in south america...lol teams not being able to pay their players....

brb who wants to watch la liga when its just two teams ball hogging the competition...thats so spain right there lol

brb statistically speaking america will be half hispanic by 2050, thus we'll be a soccer world power by then....only full of burritos and tacos and thats less than your 'never in a 100 years' time table.  

come the fuck at me phaggot

• Downvote (-1) 2

A super league containing the biggest teams from England, Spain, France, Italy and Germany is going to happen before any mass exodus of players from Europe to America.

I also never said 'never in 100 years'. I said I doubt they ever get a TV contract like the EPL got from NBC (which by the time its said it done, will likely cost them double, if not triple what they paid to renew their deal).

Just because the EPL is a newer league in terms of branding, the foundation was already laid, and it had the financial backing along with the notoriety of the clubs. The MLS is still in its infancy, and will take a substantial amount of time to grow, even with the hispanic population increasing, because in the next 20-30 years, the best players are still going to end up playing for the elite teams in Europe, or get the opportunity to play where football is king, not american football.

That isn't to say that the MLS won't grow, because it will. It's just not going to become as big as it could ever be with the ownership groups involved, the minimum salary, the cap, the amount of travel required.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Was brought up on the RPB Forums, i thought was funny, when someone was asking who the captain could be in 3 years or so when caldwell retires.

Someone showed the line-up from 2 years ago and today. Crazy to see the changes on TFC....

Toronto FC -- Milos Kocic; Andy Iro, Richard Eckersley, Torsten Frings, Danleigh Borman (Ashtone Morgan 80); Matt Stinson, Julian de Guzman (Mikael Yourassowsky 61), Peri Marosevic; Ryan Johnson, Joao Plata, Javier Martina (Nathan Sturgis 46)

Toronto FC- Joe Bendik, Richard Eckersley, Ashtone Morgan, Doneil Henry, Steven Caldwell, Bobby Coney, Johnathan Osorio, Matias Laba(Jeremy Hall 79), Alvaro Rey(Reggie Lambe 55), Jeremy Brockie, Robert Earnshaw(Maximiliano Urruti 65)

My head hurts, why is Mourinho starting the Lampard + Ramires pairing against a quality counter attacking team in Villa.

• Upvote (+1) 2

am i the only one watching arsenal vs fenerbahce?   :kappa:

Nah I am. That was a nasty cut on Koscielny. Arsenal playing their best 11 it seems, and they have done well so far!

Nah I am. That was a nasty cut on Koscielny. Arsenal playing their best 11 it seems, and they have done well so far!

Yeah, he's not had the best start to the season.

rubbish performance from us right now.

You think its a bad performance or Villa are just pretty decent this season? I mean I could see a few reasons why you could say Chelsea are playing bad but then again I could see a few reasons why you could say Aston Villa are playing good. I think its a little of both. Chelsea not doing as well as they can, while Villa are surprising people to start this season.... including me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arsenal most inconsistent team ever? Play some great football at times, then absolute shit the next. At least we have potential there.

• Upvote (+1) 3