CyReN

Soccer/Football Thread

Lol I got so much stick over a joke post over americans playing halo 4. My Rep so cool.

Arsenal really stepping up the pressure to sign suarez. You guy think that's a good decision?

Lol I got so much stick over a joke post over americans playing halo 4. My Rep so cool.

Arsenal really stepping up the pressure to sign suarez. You guy think that's a good decision?

They need a striker who finishes. Dont have anyone for that position right now, so why not?

And to all you Brek Shea haters....yeah thats right haha

Happy so far with what Everton has done. 

I think Deulofleu is going to be a really special player. Picked up a nice backup keeper in Joel Robles and then the 2 Wigan guys.

Still a lot more to happen, but as each day goes by it feels like Fellaini and Baines are more likely to stay. Especially Baines. 

Can't wait to see what Martinez does with this team. 

Shea scored, but he has played poorly in his time on the field so far. Doesn't look like he belongs. 

They need a striker who finishes. Dont have anyone for that position right now, so why not?

And to all you Brek Shea haters....yeah thats right haha

I just hate the way he acts on and off the field. But Arsene Wenger is the best to fix that I say. Giroud is a good enough striker to be used until his 5 or 6 game ban is ended.

I mean he almost goofed. But I like brek shea hope he finds his place in that team. I'm more interested in the development of Holden.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Happy so far with what Everton has done. 

I think Deulofleu is going to be a really special player. Picked up a nice backup keeper in Joel Robles and then the 2 Wigan guys.

Still a lot more to happen, but as each day goes by it feels like Fellaini and Baines are more likely to stay. Especially Baines. 

Can't wait to see what Martinez does with this team. 

Try telling that to my friend who still thinks Man u are gonna get Fabergas, fellani, and baines.. lol

Holden has come along really well! The question is can he go a whole season after having two off? I really hope he gets a full year under his belt bc I enjoy the way he plays, I still think its gonna be hard for him to get time above bradley or jones but that still gives us another option in CM going into next summer (assuming he stays fit) 

Yeah i agree Shea hasn't looked the best, but at least he scored.

Look at it this way...at least you didn't lsoe to Martinique -.- pathetic.

I will don't like Suarez, would not be happy if he joined my Gunners...but anything is possible these days. Shocked it isn't some 35 year old French striker..knowing Wenger

Yeah i agree Shea hasn't looked the best, but at least he scored.

Look at it this way...at least you didn't lsoe to Martinique -.- pathetic.

I will don't like Suarez, would not be happy if he joined my Gunners...but anything is possible these days. Shocked it isn't some 35 year old French striker..knowing Wenger

Rumors today that we are still gonna push for Hiquan and challenge for rooney. God I wish the window was close to deadline.

off the field issues aside, suarez is a top 3 player in the EPL and the gunnars would be in their best position in years for a trophy with him.

Either way it looks like the end of the road with Rooney and a Man U jersey. I guess he just doesnt like that RVP stole his spotlight

Either way it looks like the end of the road with Rooney and a Man U jersey. I guess he just doesnt like that RVP stole his spotlight

You know whats funny to me? Rooney in 2010 had a dispute with SAF, he said he was holding out on signing a new contract bc United werent signing top players, now in 2013 after we sign a top player like RVP, he wants to leave bc he isnt the alpha dog anymore. Make up your mind wazza. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know whats funny to me? Rooney in 2010 had a dispute with SAF, he said he was holding out on signing a new contract bc United werent signing top players, now in 2013 after we sign a top player like RVP, he wants to leave bc he isnt the alpha dog anymore. Make up your mind wazza. 

Yup that's how it goes. He asks for help, and when he get's it, he is basically asking for it not to come anymore. He wants to win and be the star...can't have both really, unless your Messi or Ronaldo haha

O'Dea is off to Ukraine...worrying me how so many players leaving TFC but nobody is coming in to fill those spots.

Yup that's how it goes. He asks for help, and when he get's it, he is basically asking for it not to come anymore. He wants to win and be the star...can't have both really, unless your Messi or Ronaldo haha

O'Dea is off to Ukraine...worrying me how so many players leaving TFC but nobody is coming in to fill those spots.

haha yeah, and even Messi and ronaldo have stars around them to help them win. They cant win by themselves even though some games they do carry the team... ive got the perfect picture to sum up Rooney I just have to find it.....

Well the picture wont load, but its a picture of Rooney looking at SAF puzzled and Rooney is saying,"Why did Van Persie start and I didn't?" SAF says,"You demanded we sign better players son." 

This picture was released shortly after Rooney didnt start against Real Madrid in the Home Leg of the Champions League

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha fair enough. I am sure I can find it. Not looking forward to this weekend. Got games Friday, Sat and Sunday. League Cup screwed up our schedule, and cause of field permits/tickets can't move our games. I'll be happy with 2 wins and a loss in the cup.

Btw off topic: Sorry for not being on XBL at all, I will be back on when school starts in Sept. Left my xbox at school, because I honestly have no time to play video games during the summer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am a hard core Chelsea FC fan im ready for the hate. But the special one has come home where he belongs!!!

Might wanna wait 2-3 years before you say that... he has a tendency to use the "scorched earth" method right before he leaves... and he was clashing heads with john terry and lampard before he left last time, but hey as long as you win every fan will turn a blind eye to it.

Might wanna wait 2-3 years before you say that... he has a tendency to use the "scorched earth" method right before he leaves... and he was clashing heads with john terry and lampard before he left last time, but hey as long as you win every fan will turn a blind eye to it.

Not really turn a blind eye. we love Terry and Lamps!

Is it me or when I see Lampard play, it is exactly like watching Gerrard play? IMO, the reason Enlgand was struggling was having both of them in the middle. They are virtually the same player.

pretty much, aside from Lamps being a better goal scorer, Gerrard was probably the more well rounded player throughout his career and it pains me to say that 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it me or when I see Lampard play, it is exactly like watching Gerrard play? IMO, the reason Enlgand was struggling was having both of them in the middle. They are virtually the same player.

I do very agree, I really liked the combination of Gerrard + Wilshere when they played Brazil earlier this year (Although Lamps came on and scored), I thought they were the key players of that game and hope to see the partnership more. (Now Wilsheres 'fit' again)

• Upvote (+1) 2