CyReN

Soccer/Football Thread

The 2014 World Cup song is complete ass.

With that, World Cup starts in a few weeks and I'll send out a tweet from Beyond promoting this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't produce it either, you just steal the players that all the smaller clubs have produced and over pay for them (ie Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott)

Lmao you irate. 

So Wilshere is stolen talent?

Cool. 

9 years without a trophy and never finishing below 4th in that time must be awful, I cant imagine how Arsenal fans sleep at night

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lmao you irate. 

So Wilshere is stolen talent?

Cool. 

Wow I'm impressed, one player from your academy I'm sorry I bashed your academy for producing ONE first team player.  Go look at how many Chelsea, United, Southampton, West Ham, etc have produced over the years.  

Wow I'm impressed, one player from your academy I'm sorry I bashed your academy for producing ONE first team player.  Go look at how many Chelsea, United, Southampton, West Ham, etc have produced over the years.  

Chelsea? Born and bred that Didier Drogba lad.

Also in that period Arsenal have also produced Ashley Cole and Gibbs I guess as well as a tonne of players who never made it at Arsenal but are doing decent at lower premiership/championship clubs.

Chelsea? Who have Chelsea produced? Terry? 

Neil Shipperly, Jody Morris, Michael Duberry, John Terry, etc all gave the Premier League good years in the past as well as the bunch of talent that they seem to currently be producing.  Winning the FA Youth Cup a couple years back and winning the U21 Premier League is a sign of that.  They've had more average Premier League players come out of their academy like Carlton Cole, Robert Huth, Fabio Borini, etc.

Chelsea? Born and bred that Didier Drogba lad.

Also in that period Arsenal have also produced Ashley Cole and Gibbs I guess as well as a tonne of players who never made it at Arsenal but are doing decent at lower premiership/championship clubs.

I give you Gibbs but Ashley Cole signed for the club as an 18 year old and signed a professional contract a year later, not really someone that was produced by Arsenal even though some of his better years were there.

Don't think I'm just hating on Arsenal, they were a club I enjoyed watching growing up especially seeing them at St Mary's once a year when I had season tickets.  Henry is probably one of my all time favourites beside Matt Le Tissier.  I just don't know how the Arsenal supporters want to accept mediocrity like they have since Henry left the club.  Yes, finishing 4th and winning one FA cup in 9 years is mediocre for a club as big as Arsenal.  

Neil Shipperly, Jody Morris, Michael Duberry, John Terry, etc all gave the Premier League good years in the past as well as the bunch of talent that they seem to currently be producing.  Winning the FA Youth Cup a couple years back and winning the U21 Premier League is a sign of that.  They've had more average Premier League players come out of their academy like Carlton Cole, Robert Huth, Fabio Borini, etc.

Fair enough.

I'm sorry but all the names you mentioned outside of Terry just seems to me like you're clutching at straws, also Huth and Borini signed for Chelsea at 16/17.

I'm sorry but all the names you mentioned outside of Terry just seems to me like you're clutching at straws, also Huth and Borini signed for Chelsea at 16/17.

Still both academy graduates

So was Cole then given that he signed for Arsenal at 16.

He joined in 1999 at the age of 18 then signed a pro contract in 2000 

He joined in 1999 at the age of 18 then signed a pro contract in 2000 

No he made his debut in 1999 he joined Arsenal in 1997.

Anyway...the goal Barca scored yesterday..gorgeous!

But great comeback by Arsenal yesterday. Was a fun game to watch!

Does anyone think that Uruguay can beat Italy? Suarez obviously went huge this season and their forwards look decent enough.

My town is basically full of italians so I hope they don't make it out of the group stage, the bandwagoning is just INSANE. England looks solid so hopefully they can also get a win.

Does anyone think that Uruguay can beat Italy? Suarez obviously went huge this season and their forwards look decent enough.

God yes. In south american conditions, I'd have them over Italy.

God yes. In south american conditions, I'd have them over Italy.

I completely forgot that they're playing in South America, that's a plus.

A year and counting.

How many teams do you support?

• Downvote (-1) 1

probably as many as 2pro4show

On a brighter note, which Southampton Transfer rumour are you?

10330442_10152487937984703_6393627206744

• Downvote (-1) 3

dejan will have fun at 3 point lane for 76 million

I grew up in Glasgow with a Celtic family when I moved to England as a young kid I started to like Arsenal because I admired Henry I never said I supported them but over any English team yeah definitely. And obviously my dislike for Chelsea isn't helped by their hun connection.