CyReN

Soccer/Football Thread

With the big coaching changes it should be an interesting off season.

Looking forward to Everton making their final decision. 

Of course this thread was started by you, one day I will change things up and buy Fifa on the Xbox instead of the PS and we play against each other Fu. 

But the last months were quite exciting for me as a Bayern fan ( yes, now hate me all here lol)

Crazy game with the USA-Canada womens today, rematch of that olympic game.

but man, Toronto FC has to be the worst pro soccer team in the world.

Pretty stoked about the offseason. A bit about myself, I've been very fortunate to have studied abroad and traveled to france a good bit so I have taken a liking to the French national squad (but not ahead of America, obviously) and Marseille of Ligue 1 as the primary club I support. I doubt any other Ligue 1 fans here but when the new season starts I'll probably be blowing up this topic.

I watched a USA Vs. Germany friendly today. It was an excellent match! USA was up most the game 4-1 then Germany Scored 2 with less than 10 minutes to go. I really thought they were going to tie it up. It was like every attack they made ended in a goal! But the US held them off to take the win.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well done to usa on beating germany. A bit annoyed that people from america couldn't care less, also England looked good in the 2nd half vs Brazil, need to start winning tho

Unfortunately its soccer, and in USA and Canada as well, it is not that important. Was nice to see over 20 thousand at the Women's friendly between Canada and USA though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

hate the word soccer football is much better  ;) haha 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

germany/netherlands u21 match has been a cracker.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Very exciting game, now imagine if both teams were able to field the whole u21 squad, as in take the players from the first team like Goetze.

Cavani to Chelsea looks like its happening, €58m for him and i cant wait for it to be confirmed

With the big coaching changes it should be an interesting off season.

Looking forward to Everton making their final decision. 

I'm so sorry for the Everton logo update

I'm so sorry for the Everton logo update

It's terrible, but it will end up being remembered for the era it represents. If it is bad finishes and no trophies it will bad hated. If we start winning more people will never want it to change. I signed the petition though. 

I'm just happy we have a manager now. Looks more and more like Baines is going to stay and Fellaini is out the door. Probably a few Wigan guys in and 1-2 bigger signings. 

I would love Fellani at Old Trafford. Though I think a Left of Right Mid is the top priority, especially if Nani rumors to Monaco have any substance to them.

Fellaini to Arsenal I would absolutely love, we desperately need a player like him!, although with Moyes going Manu I can see him moving there.

Would like to see Cesar at Arsenal also, and Jovetic!

Fellaini to Arsenal I would absolutely love, we desperately need a player like him!, although with Moyes going Manu I can see him moving there.

Would like to see Cesar at Arsenal also, and Jovetic!

Its possible, Wenger is saying he is going to make big moves this summer. I just hope its not another overapid young French defencemen like always

Sup Fellas,

Im a huge United fan been one since i was in 8th grade (05/06)..... Looking more like fellaini is going to United, some big moves as far as coaches go. Top three teams (BPL) all change coaches (for various reasons). looking forward to an awesome season come august. and as far as USMNT goes..... gotta beat Jamaica tonight correct?

I would love Fellani at Old Trafford. Though I think a Left of Right Mid is the top priority, especially if Nani rumors to Monaco have any substance to them.

CM is TOP priority IMO... carrick is a boss but who else is there? Anderson? Cleverley? Scholes gone now... we need depth there immediately. Phil Jones can do some work there but I would rather have a natural CM there to partner Carrick. You are right that outside mids havent done squat this year but I feel they can catch form, with zaha coming in we should be ok at outside mid. IMO CM is top priority.