Sign in to follow this  
Bxrz

So...when do we start talking about OLA being the new GOAT?

pistola did compete in Halo 2 4v4 as well, but I can't recall any top 8 placings or even top 16 right now. I know he got top 24 in NJ with Kill3n. That only stands out in my mind because pistola was one of the smallest competitors teaming with one of the biggest competitors.

A lot of people don't realize just how dominant Heinz and Pistola were in Halo 2, especially FFA. Heinz never got a chance on a team that was capable of a top 16 placing, and might have actually been sponsored by LiL Colek. Pistola at least teamed with Gun Shot.

Individual Competitions (Halo: Combat Evolved)[edit]

• 2nd place MLG Philadelphia 2004
  • 2nd place MLG Chicago 2004
  • 2nd place MLG Seattle 2004
  • 2nd place MLG New York City National Championships 2004
  • 7th place MLG Dallas 2004
  • 2nd place Halo 50K2
  • 3rd place Halo 50K3
  • 7th place AGP 3
  • 3rd place AGP 6

Individual Competitions (Halo 2)[edit]

• 1st place MLG Dallas 2006
  • 1st place MLG Washington DC 2005
  • 1st place MLG Los Angeles 2005
  • 1st place MLG Atlanta 2005
  • 2nd place VGL Orlando 2005
  • 4th place MLG San Francisco 2005
  • 7th place MLG Houston 2005
  • 9th place MLG Orlando 2005
  • 3rd place MLG New York 2006
  • 5th place MLG Anaheim 2006

Team Competitions (Shadowrun)[edit]

Team Competitions 4v4 (Halo: Combat Evolved)[edit]

Team Competitions 2v2 (Halo: Combat Evolved)[edit]

• 2nd place MLG Philadelphia 2004 (Ogre2 & DM Gestapo)
  • 1st place MLG Dallas 2004 (Ogre2 & Strangepurple)
  • 2nd place MLG Chicago 2004 (Ogre2 & Strangepurple)
  • 1st place MLG Atlanta 2004 (Ogre1 & Ogre2)
  • 3rd/4th place MLG Seattle 2004 (Ogre2 & Walshy)
  • 3rd place AGP 5 (Ogre2 & Walshy)
  • 1st place AGP 6 (Ogre2 & Walshy)
  • 1st place Halo 50K2 (Ogres)
  • 1st Place Halo iGames 2v2 Nationals (Ogres)
  • 1st place Halo 50K (Ogres)

Team Competitions (Halo 2)[edit]

2005[edit]

2006[edit]

2007[edit]

Team Competitions (Halo 3)[edit]

2008[edit]

2009[edit]

2010[edit]

Team Competitions (Halo: Reach)[edit]

2011[edit]

2012[edit]

Awards[edit]

• "Best Overall Player" - 2005 MLG Pros' Choice Awards
  • "Best Overall Player" - 2006 MLG Pros' Choice Awards
  • "Best Overall Player" - 2007 MLG Pros' Choice Awards
  • "Best Strategist" - 2010 MLG Pros' Choice Awards
  • "Best Leader" - 2011 MLG Pros' Choice Awards
  • "Boost Mobile Season MVP " - 2007 MLG
  • "Most Valuable Player" - MLG Charlotte 2007
  • "Most Valuable Player" - MLG Meadowlands 2008
  • "Matador Bold Player" MLG D.C. 2010

Let's not forget he is the highest paid Halo pro in the spectrum of all competitive gaming and was one of the faces of Halo during it's peak.

Also, he was part of the first four man team signed to a million dollar contract in Halo by MLG.

Yeah, I'm just going to say Pistola is good, and he will be remembered for his accomplishments, but he in no way takes away from OGRE 2 and no one ever will.

Somehow, he even had a team participate in the CoD Championships and in Shadowrun, and I believe he won the Shadowrun event iirc...like cmon.

• Upvote (+1) 5

What does shadowrun have to do with halo

Versatility, now go be pretentious somewhere else. Also, go look up the creators of Shadowrun and Halo 1, tell me your findings. 

Pretty sure most people who actually played Shadowrun back in the day would pick that over Halo 4. lol

On topic: OGRE 2 > Ola

Pistola > Ogre2.

Nobody has been the greatest for a longer stretch.

Ogre-rated.

Pistola carried Ogre2 throughout halo 3 and Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 18

Versatility, now go be pretentious somewhere else. Also, go look up the creators of Shadowrun and Halo 1, tell me your findings. 

Pretty sure most people who actually played Shadowrun back in the day would pick that over Halo 4. lol

On topic: OGRE 2 > Ola

Why are you getting so emotential?

We are talking about the halo goat. Not shadowrun or any other game.

Why are you getting so emotential?

We are talking about the halo goat. Not shadowrun or any other game.

My posts are always emotional you can tell it's flowing with emotion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pistola > Ogre2.

Nobody has been the greatest for a longer stretch.

Ogre-rated.

Pistola carried Ogre2 throughout halo 3 and Reach.

Did you not watch Cbus '12? Guy was consistent all tournament and made some of the biggest plays(dat game 5 against Ambush on Battle Canyon). I'm talking about Ogre 2 of course.

Did you not watch Cbus '12? Guy was consistent all tournament and made some of the biggest plays(dat game 5 against Ambush on Battle Canyon). I'm talking about Ogre 2 of course.

Ogre 2 once said, he does not get nervous at all in tournaments. I believe him after seeing his consistently great play all these years, dude has ice in his veins.  

"That's like comparing Joe Montana to Eli Manning." - :ghost:

Joe Montana of course is OGRE 2.

Eli Manning of course is Pistola.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not to mention, the Ogre twins were so dominant in doubles tournaments on LAN, they had to break up just to make it a challenge. I'm pretty sure they were undefeated as a duo.

Not to mention, the Ogre twins were so dominant in doubles tournaments on LAN, they had to break up just to make it a challenge. I'm pretty sure they were undefeated as a duo.

Theres also rumors about how around the time they split up, others were catching up to their skill in 2v2's and they wanted to keep their undefeated legacy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They ducked all challenges because they wanted to keep their undefeated streak.

There is a reason why Ogre1 ran away from the 2v2 with Roybox, because after they lose to the better team they would not have the undefeated accolade any more.

• Downvote (-1) 5

There is a reason why Ogre1 ran away from the 2v2 with Roybox, because after they lose to the better team they would not have the undefeated accolade any more.

Ogre 1 said smiling "They shouldn't be hard to kill" when skyping with gandhi before they played the game.

IF he did run away it was because the game was so uncompetative and who ever got a lucky ordinance will win.

I wouldn't risk such a title to a shitty game.

Im sure ogre 1 would gladly accept a 2v2 in halo 1, a game that would actually matter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre 1 and Ogre 2 possibly losing a Reach/H4 2v2?

Big fucking deal.

• Upvote (+1) 8

og2 is this GOAT because of all the wins he has and there are other ppl with alot of success(og1,t2,walshy,elamite,zyos,strongside,shockwave) but right now ola is the best his only competition was roy but roy has not made a splash yet in h4 so ola is the best right now.

og2 is this GOAT because of all the wins he has and there are other ppl with alot of success(og1,t2,walshy,elamite,zyos,strongside,shockwave) but right now ola is the best his only competition was roy but roy has not made a splash yet in h4 so ola is the best right now.

Are you aware that your username is T2squared?

• Upvote (+1) 4

ogre 2 does have the credentials but that doesnt mean hes the best halo 4 player, we'll have to see til after AGL 9

He was not the best Halo: CE, Halo 3 or Halo Reach player, and it could be debated on if he was the best H2 player.  Why would he be the best Halo 4 player?

• Downvote (-1) 8

He was not the best Halo: CE, Halo 3 or Halo Reach player, and it could be debated on if he was the best H2 player.  Why would he be the best Halo 4 player?

do i really have to whip out total wins?  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

He was on the best team in every game IMO,  he adapted his play-style to work on each team that is a skill in itself to put your ego aside for the greater good of the team(something some players I wont mention struggle with).

It really cant be debated that he was a top 3(many will say either Ogre 1 or Ogre 2) Halo CE player and he won the "Best overall player" award for H2 from 2005-2007 the equivalent of MLG's MVP award to the best player in the league. Being the best slayer does not always mean being a better player, Ogre 2's Halo fundamentals are unmatched he always makes the right play for his team.