Sign in to follow this  
Bxrz

So...when do we start talking about OLA being the new GOAT?

The way i look at it. There are 5 halo games. Ogre 2 was better at h1 and h2 but OLA was better at h3, reach and h4

I know people love ogre 2 but imo, the stuff that ola does and is still doing. Being a part of the most dominant h3 team, reach team and h4 team. Hes the new GOAT imo. Hes going to contiune to be on top teams for the reminder of his halo career while ogre 2 quit and went to COD. I dont think i have to say much more about ola since everyone knows what he does and been doing.

Even though people might not agree with me, I think its about time we at least start having this discussion. All my opinion though

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He is the current Halo GOAT but not the overall Halo GOAT. NOBODY can ever take that away from Ogre 2 unless Pistola somehow amasses the tournament wins and credentials of Ogre 2 in time(would probably take him until Halo 6 TBH if the scene is still alive). Walshy still has more tournament wins than Pistola to put it in perspective. You cant argue with facts, its nothing against Pistola he is an amazing Halo player he just has not had the chance to catch up to Ogre 2's resume yet because he really started in H3 despite noticed in H2 as a FFA player.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You say Ola being on the top team in H3, Reach, and H4 makes him the new goat but Ogre 2 was on the top team for H1, H2, H3, and Reach. While AGL IS growing, winning events in H4 just doesn't hold the same weight as previous titles at MLGs. As of now, Ogre 2 is unquestionably > Pistola. Get back to me if Ola wins the Global Championship though, as that holds quite a bit of weight IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ogre 2 would just be career stat paddin at this point if he came back ;)

. Undefeated in Halo CE 2v2's with his brother Ogre 1 in Tournament play

•The only player to ever win a title in five games (Halo: CE, Halo 2, Shadowrun, Halo 3, Halo: Reach)

•The only player to ever win five out of eight National Championships

•The only player to exit every Halo title in the franchise as a National Champion

•The only player along with Walshy to have eight straight All-Star appearances

•52 career tournament wins (20+ more than Walshy,the closest contender)

•From 2003 - 2008, placed top 2 in 38 straight tournaments

•Won 10 straight tournaments from 2004 - 2005

•Won 9 straight tournaments from 2005 - 2006

•Won "Best Overall Player" award three years in a row (2005 - 2007)

•Only two teams have ever completed an MLG tournament without losing a single game, Ogre 2 was on both teams.

You can make a case for Ogre 2 being the most dominant player at their game series of choice(factoring in longevity) of any in history. The sad thing is he has less followers than Ninja on twitter!

Pistola may be a great player now but is not currently the greatest of all time.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

How could anyone be the goat other then 2gre? He's won championships in every halo and has been part of a team to dominate in each title (And it was in MUCH harder circumstances; Mainly mlg) Ola may be 2nd in line but I don't think ogre 2 will ever lose goat status.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ola isn't even 2nd in line, Walshy has more impressive wins than Ola. Ola is nasty and is the best (wins wise) player ATM but doesn't come CLOSE to Ogre2. Ogre 2 was on best team in every halo except H4, and that's because he doesnt play H4.... Pistola is good but nothing compared to Ogre 2's credentials.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pistola > 

I don't know man... Ogre 2 is great but Pistola is still playing...

Ogre2 started in CE, though. Ola only became really good and known in H3. If they started at the same time, then you can compare them but they didn't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMO Halo 1 and Halo 2 required more skill and Ogre 2 was dominant in those games but he still managed wins in Halo 3 onwards.

The term GOAT doesn't really apply to Ola when talking about Halo overall but from who is still competing either Roy, Snipedown or Ola.

Many people don't think Ogre 2 was anything special in Halo 3 and Reach but what he did was change his playstyle to help the team, which is very impressive and resulted in many more wins. He was much more aggressive in H1 & H2 IMO because those games were more consistent.

I find it amazing how 2gre is still the best at Halo 1 and it's clear when watching his recent LAN party.

I would be so happy if Ogre 2 returned, maybe by Halo 5 if the game is decent.

Ola is still a great player and very enjoyable to watch, but he learnt lots from Ogre 2.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There can only be one GOAT and we all know who that is. If Ola had been dominant from the very beginning then he can definitely contend for being the GOAT but it's just not happening. The title of goat will never be taken away from Ogre 2. Not saying Ola is a bad player at all though, dude is a monster in all the games he competed in. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The way i look at it. There are 5 halo games. Ogre 2 was better at h1 and h2 but OLA was better at h3, reach and h4

I know people love ogre 2 but imo, the stuff that ola does and is still doing. Being a part of the most dominant h3 team, reach team and h4 team. Hes the new GOAT imo. Hes going to contiune to be on top teams for the reminder of his halo career while ogre 2 quit and went to COD. I dont think i have to say much more about ola since everyone knows what he does and been doing.

Even though people might not agree with me, I think its about time we at least start having this discussion. All my opinion though

Whenever OLA starts winning 9 events in a row and is the main reason for doing so then you can discuss about OLA being the new GOAT.  People are not going to agree with you because from your comment it seems like you are not even aware of what Ogre 2 has accomplished and how OLA is still a bit far away from Ogre 2's accomplishments.  OLA may be a very good player, but even Formal has outshine him on Ambush. 

Even combining Formal and OLA will not bring you close to what Ogre 2 has accomplished.

Ogre2 started in CE, though. Ola only became really good and known in H3. If they started at the same time, then you can compare them but they didn't.

I understand that...

If Ogre 2 doesn't come back, which I think he might, then Pistola will be playing longer in no time cause I don't see him quitting anytime soon.

Gotta look at those wins boyssssss.

Ogre 2 absolutely dominated H1 and H2, still did well, despite a few crappy placements, in H3, and managed quite a few top 3's in 2010-2011. This isn't even a Jordan and Lebron battle considering OG2 has played for a LONG-ASS TIME, far past the "old school".

They can both be :goat:  in my opinion, but you can't write off 2gre like he stopped being relevant after 07.

He is the current Halo GOAT but not the overall Halo GOAT. NOBODY can ever take that away from Ogre 2 unless Pistola somehow amasses the tournament wins and credentials of Ogre 2 in time(would probably take him until Halo 6 TBH if the scene is still alive). Walshy still has more tournament wins than Pistola to put it in perspective. You cant argue with facts, its nothing against Pistola he is an amazing Halo player he just has not had the chance to catch up to Ogre 2's resume yet because he really started in H3 despite noticed in H2 as a FFA player.

So he's the GORN? Greatest of Right Now

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want to see the Original :goat: (Ogre2) to face off against the current :goat: (Ola) to find out who is the Master of ALL :goat: 's.

I can just picture them both in a AGL FFA tournament, one in East Div. one in West Div, meeting up in the final 1v1. 

#MindBlown

The Battle of the :goat:

The Ogres and Walshy (especially 2gre) are just leagues away from anyone else.  

But without a doubt in my mind, Pistola is #4.  

How can there be a GOAT of all time anda current GOAT? GOAT stands for Greatest Of All Time lol. Ola can't be the current GOAT if Ogre 2 is the GOAT.

2gre isn't even Jordan. He's Gretzky.

But they were both dom in their respected sports. I mean unless you're saying Hockey takes more skill and/or was more dominant in hockey then Jordan was in basketball.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can there be a GOAT of all time anda current GOAT? GOAT stands for Greatest Of All Time lol. Ola can't be the current GOAT if Ogre 2 is the GOAT.

But they were both dom in their respected sports. I mean unless you're saying Hockey takes more skill and/or was more dominant in hockey then Jordan was in basketball.

Let me put it this way.

nice memenice mePointsdankPoints per game
1 	Wayne Gretzky 		dank team2857 	1.92
2 	Mark Messier 		dank team1887 	1.07
3 	Gordie Howe 	nice1850 	1.05
4 	Ron Francisni	1798 	1.04
5 	Marcel Dionnedank team nam	1771 	1.31
6 	Steve Yzerman 		dank team1755 	1.16
7 	Mario Lemieux 		dank team1723 	1.88
8 	Jaromir Jagr 		dank team1688 	1.21
9 	Joe Sakic 	dank team n	1641 	1.19
10 	Phil Esposito 	nice1590 	1.24