94. MuNoZ
  95. Soviet
  96. Mack
  97. Saiyan (TW)
  98. Itwasluck
  99. TriPPPey
  100. shook on3

Things taken into consideration:

• 4v4 Event placings top 8 or better ( H4 events count but for not as much)
  • Winning Nationals/Worlds ( I consider EG winning both H2A Season finals equal to one)
  • Pro Choice Awards/General consensus on who were the best players at the time
  • FFA and 2v2 to a much lesser degree
  • Success in multiple Halo titles

This is completely subjective and my own opinion. However, I did a lot of research when making this list. But I am just a fan of Halo esports, not an expert, and I didn't start watching events live at all until 2010. So my list perhaps skews in favor of new age pros. Also, the sources I used were incomplete and potentially inaccurate. I found less info on older H1/H2 pros that are lower on the list, and I didn't watch them live. Take this list with a grain of salt. I made it just for my own amusement, but perhaps people here will find it interesting. What do you think of it? Any pros I was particularly unjust to? Anybody I completely missed who should be in the top 100? Who is your top 10 or top 20 after the conclusion of Halo 5?  

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd say it's fair, though it looks like it prioritizes team success over raw Halo talent (Strongside slotting in over Karma, for example), but I guess that has to take priority. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree that using 4v4 team success as the primary source for the ranking is probably a good idea. However, I'd probably put Karma higher on the list purely based on the fact that he had the single greatest year of Halo anyone has ever had. Sure, it was only one year, but... still. That 06 season Karma had doesn't seem to get the love it deserves.

• Upvote (+1) 1

sure, pretty solid list.

not your fault, but i definitely am not a fan of how these lists favor older players ... Shotzzy probably would have had great placings in H1 if he wasn’t a zygote back then

• Upvote (+1) 2

sure, pretty solid list.

not your fault, but i definitely am not a fan of how these lists favor older players ... Shotzzy probably would have had great placings in H1 if he wasn’t a zygote back then

That's how these lists work bruh. The longer a player sticks around and has success, the higher they're gonna be on the list.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, the Xit Woundz guys could've slotted higher than some transient members of good teams, like Slim and Tupac. There's also some consistent top 8-ish material like Boo, Game, Pistol, Hali, etc. from the H2 days that could've flirted near the bottom. 

Is "Legend" here LegendJRG? 

EDIT: The more I look at the list, the more I see oddities. Placing Hysteria below someone like Mikwen for example, Hysteria's star was short-lived but it was bright as fuck. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, the Xit Woundz guys could've slotted higher than some transient members of good teams, like Slim and Tupac. There's also some consistent top 8-ish material like Boo, Game, Pistol, Hali, etc. from the H2 days that could've flirted near the bottom. 

Is "Legend" here LegendJRG? 

EDIT: The more I look at the list, the more I see oddities. Placing Hysteria below someone like Mikwen for example, Hysteria's star was short-lived but it was bright as fuck. 

Fair enough, perhaps I gave too much credit to those H1 guys for a couple very good placings vs consistent top 8 placings.

Legend is LegendPimps.

For me Mikwen and Hysteria are really close. Hysteria's reputation as somewhat toxic gives Mikwen the edge IMO. I don't claim to be an expert and you could easily switch them, especially if you really value H3 vs modern Halo.

I'd say it's fair, though it looks like it prioritizes team success over raw Halo talent (Strongside slotting in over Karma, for example), but I guess that has to take priority. 

I am probably a bit biased towards Side as he is one of my favorite former pros. In my book, StrongSide's longevity gives him the edge, plus he had a dominant '07. But again, Karma was amazing in his prime and could justifiably be put ahead of Side.

As for team success vs talent, I do value team success and winning more when determining greatness. Also, in a game where there are only four team members and switching teams to form the best rosters is fairly easy, winning is typically a good indication of individual talent.  

I haven’t posted here in forever and obviously things are subjective, but Lethul and Frosty are way too high on that list. Enable and Naded are way too low. How can you justify Frosty being in the top 15 when he has had success in only 1 title?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I haven’t posted here in forever and obviously things are subjective, but Lethul and Frosty are way too high on that list. Enable and Naded are way too low. How can you justify Frosty being in the top 15 when he has had success in only 1 title?

Lethul is by far the most successful Halo player of the last four years. He has twice turned contenders into dynasties. 

Frosty is the MVP of a team who's dominance in Halo 5 has rivaled Final Boss's dominance in Halo 2. 

Naded hasn't won an event.

Enable could be higher I'll give you that, he was a hell of a player in Reach and Halo 4, Halo 3 for that matter too, but I give an edge to the players above him for various reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 3

May be a controversial take, but I think Roy, Pistola and Snipedown should rank higher than both Ogre 1 and Walshy at this point...

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lethul is by far the most successful Halo player of the last four years. He has twice turned contenders into dynasties.

Frosty is the MVP of a team who's dominance in Halo 5 has rivaled Final Boss's dominance in Halo 2.

Naded hasn't won an event.

Enable could be higher I'll give you that, he was a hell of a player in Reach and Halo 4, Halo 3 for that matter too, but I give an edge to the players above him for various reasons.

Fair enough. Definitely feels like too much recency bias and team success for my taste though. I value individual talent and success over multiple titles a lot more than you it seems.

May be a controversial take, but I think Roy, Pistola and Snipedown should rank higher than both Ogre 1 and Walshy at this point...

Not unfair, but I think it's extremely close given Ogre 1 and Walshy's staggering level of dominance over CE and H2. I mean, Ogre 1 literally never lost a tournament 2v2. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

That’s fair, but given the longevity of their careers from Halo 3 to present, I’d say at this point they deserve to be in top 5 all time.

That being said, it would be a crime to place Ogre 1 and Walsh outside the top 10.

• Upvote (+1) 1

T2 should 100% be top ten.

Royal 2 has more events wins, Royal 2 has two World Championships to T2's one National Championship, Royal 2 imo has more individual talent (he doesn't die and doesn't miss). They have both won events in three Halo games. Tsquared has had a longer career and was the face of MLG Halo, but I think R2 has surpassed him.

Ninja above Enable

Looking back on this probably a mistake

• Upvote (+1) 1

I tried making a list like this a while back, however after the top 30 or so it becomes extremely difficult to order out the remaining spots.  At a certain point you have to ask yourself questions like, what do I value more, consistent placings or high peaks?  Do you value a player who has earned more money in his career over a player who has earned less but has competed in more Halo titles?  We can get real nit-picky with it and start asking things like how do you compare a tournament win or major LAN victory for a game like CE over the enormous prize pots of H5?  How do you rate a LAN win for games like H2A and H4 compared to the MLG days of H2 and H3?  What about FFA and 1v1 event wins compared to those who performed better in 2v2 or 4v4 environments?  Lots of little details to consider.

I think if you're going to try to tackle a list like who the top 100 Halo players of all time are, we can be as objective as possible and look at the following criteria:

- How much total money as a player earned lifetime while competing in Halo?
- How many major LAN tournament victories has the player earned?

- How many World/National Championship titles has the player achieved?
- How many different Halo games has a player placed top 8 in?
- How many years did their pro career span?

- How many types of formats did a player take 1st in?  (1v1, FFA, 2v2, 4v4)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would doing something like taking the top 15-20 from each game, then look for overlapping players help?

From there fit in the rest?

I tried making a list like this a while back, however after the top 30 or so it becomes extremely difficult to order out the remaining spots.  At a certain point you have to ask yourself questions like, what do I value more, consistent placings or high peaks?  Do you value a player who has earned more money in his career over a player who has earned less but has competed in more Halo titles?  We can get real nit-picky with it and start asking things like how do you compare a tournament win or major LAN victory for a game like CE over the enormous prize pots of H5?  How do you rate a LAN win for games like H2A and H4 compared to the MLG days of H2 and H3?  What about FFA and 1v1 event wins compared to those who performed better in 2v2 or 4v4 environments?  Lots of little details to consider.

I think if you're going to try to tackle a list like who the top 100 Halo players of all time are, we can be as objective as possible and look at the following criteria:

- How much total money as a player earned lifetime while competing in Halo?

- How many major LAN tournament victories has the player earned?

- How many World/National Championship titles has the player achieved?

- How many different Halo games has a player placed top 8 in?

- How many years did their pro career span?

- How many types of formats did a player take 1st in?  (1v1, FFA, 2v2, 4v4)

Agreed, it is impossible to make a perfect list that takes all the relevant variables into account. I considered all of those things you listed to at least some degree, with the exception of money. For me money won doesn't equal prestige won. If I were to take money into account the list would skew heavily towards H5. For example winning the 2016 HWC would count 10 times as much as a typical MLG National Championship.  

I think Victory X (FiS too) has to be higher than he is there. He played well and lasted from H2 to H5. Stuff like putting Frosty, who is great, but only dominated in 1 game above someone consistently in the top 8 for over a decade who also finished out Halo 3 on the only team to ever win 3 in a row is a little wild. All of 2010 FB deserves mad props for what they did that year and for the longevity of their careers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

That's a pretty shit criteria.

I hear you, I think it's something worth noting but I understand that if it was all people looked at, then, for example, fans might think Ace is a top 50 player or something when he's far from it.

I guess a better criteria point would be; What was a player's average tournament placing on LAN?

Ninja is way too high on that list

Agree with this 100%.

No fucking way, he was nowhere as talented as Enable (who was part of the team who dethroned that god-squad in Halo Reach in that Game 11)

• Upvote (+1) 1